Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

andreac wrote: »
    Eh, you are joking right?

No lad I'm not. I've gone to every picnic for the last 6 or 7 years and I've never gotten a ticket more than a week in advance. Genuine question, save your bull****e.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Welcome back to normality!! I'd say the horror is firmly setting in!!

Yea noticed the wolf Alice crowd on TV, it'll be mayhem if they don't play the main stage at the EP!

They were outstanding, I wasn't expecting it. I'd love to see them outside of a festival setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Any idea when the times/days are announced? Want to know which day ticket to get.
    No lad I'm not. I've gone to every picnic for the last 6 or 7 years and I've never gotten a ticket more than a week in advance. Genuine question, save your bull****e.

If you've been for the last 6-7 years then you'd know that times/days don't get released till the week of the festival..

SmallBalls wrote: »
    If you've been for the last 6-7 years then you'd know that times/days don't get released till the week of the festival..

I go, I show up, I enjoy music. I do not look at days or times in advance. I have a simple question, as this year I want to see one act. If you cannot answer the question just move along. It's simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If you've ever been to the Picnic before then you'd know they only do Sunday day tickets. And even that hasn't always been the case (it use to be weekend or nothing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I have a simple question, as this year I want to see one act.

The band you want to see are playing on the Saturday at 1pm, main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Did my first EP last year, it was only a day ticket but loved it. Looking forward to a full weekend this year.
    Anyone stayed in the posh camping?
    Herself, her sister, and I booked a 4 man yurt and not sure what to expect. The two of them are seasoned festival goers but this is the first time they'll be going that they don't have to set up a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

But the festival is totally sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I go, I show up, I enjoy music. I do not look at days or times in advance. I have a simple question, as this year I want to see one act. If you cannot answer the question just move along. It's simple.

Check the bands website, they may have the date listed (some do).
    Then look at toutless to see if there are tickets available for the Sunday if that's the day they are playing or the weekend if they're not playing on Sunday.

Do this closer to the time when prices have settled and more people are looking to sell.

That's the best you're going to get.

Next!

Check the bands website, they may have the date listed (some do).
    Then look at toutless to see if there are tickets available for the Sunday if that's the day they are playing or the weekend if they're not playing on Sunday.

Do this closer to the time when prices have settled and more people are looking to sell.

That's the best you're going to get.

Next!
    Band have the entire weekend listed, I'm not thick, you're just a horrible bunch of unhelpful prats.

And above ^^ this festival is never really sold out, you can always get tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Band have the entire weekend listed, I'm not thick, you're just a horrible bunch of unhelpful prats.

Mr congeniality 2016.
    Make sure and bring them good vibes whichever day ticket you end up getting..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

And above ^^ this festival is never really sold out, you can always get tickets.

Are you sure? You seem to be pretty thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Mr Supervery is right we are a horrible bunch of unhelpful prats. shame on all of us.
    Times not released til the week of the festival. We apologise for not being able to give more information than that YOUR MAJESTY. Is there anything else we can do for you YOUR MAJESTY?

Snarky Snark Snark

Lads, lets not give in to feeding trollish behaviour, there's going to be a lot of them in the run up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Back on topic....getting really excited about lcd soundsystem after all the Glastonbury reports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Disappointed by them at Primavera. Mix of lack of energy in the performance and from the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Disappointed by them at Primavera. Mix of lack of energy in the performance and from the crowd.
    Careful now.:P

Found them to be alright at Primavera. I've never been big into them though.
    They were nice, good to nod along to.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

andreac wrote: »
    Eh, you are joking right?

Do you expect to pay a premium or face value price? The reason i ask is that one of our crew needs a ticket and i'm wondering what the best strategy is to pick one up for him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Do you expect to pay a premium or face value price? The reason i ask is that one of our crew needs a ticket and i'm wondering what the best strategy is to pick one up for him.

dont feed the troll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Daily check on Toutless is your best bet.

Judging by the Facebook page there seems to be a lot of 'worst lineup EVER!!' type comments so when Beyonce & Kanye are not named in the next announcement i'd imagine quite a few tickets will become available.

Keep an eye out on toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Other voices have some additional announcement this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i GUARANTEE you'll get a ticket the week of the festival below face value. just be patient and don't panic buy! i'm actually thinking of selling my ticket now and buying back under face value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'd normally agree but I wouldn't be so sure this year georgiecasey. It sold out far, far earlier than the last number of years.

You might, but you'll have to be lucky. I don't think everyone that wants one will get one

i GUARANTEE you'll get a ticket the week of the festival below face value. just be patient and don't panic buy! i'm actually thinking of selling my ticket now and buying back under face value

Really? You'd want to get one far far cheaper than face value to be bothered surely. What's the point in dealing with all the hassle?

Snarky Snark Snark

65 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

65 sleeps

Speaking of which 65 days of Static would be a cool act to book.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Synode wrote: »
    That tilted song is great. And she has some serious moves

Getting lots of radio play these days, really like it. Had a look to see if she was playing EP but Longitude have her snapped up unfortunately. Has a few great songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Jamie T has a new song - http://www.nme.com/news/jamie-t/94687

And from the sounds of things a new album.

Make it happen EP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement