Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Did my first EP last year, it was only a day ticket but loved it. Looking forward to a full weekend this year.
    Anyone stayed in the posh camping?
    Herself, her sister, and I booked a 4 man yurt and not sure what to expect. The two of them are seasoned festival goers but this is the first time they'll be going that they don't have to set up a tent.

I stayed in the Festihuts last year which are in the same area as the yurts. Area is great with your own toilets and showers so your not queueing with the masses plus only people staying in the area can get in. You'll get a proper nights kip and the Yurts looked comfortable. We enjoyed the Festihuts so much we went from getting one last year to 3 this year with a bigger group coming. You won't regret paying the extra money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Watch / download before it dissapears LCD fans!

Edit: Just noticed Coldplay's fireworks going off in the background during All My Friends! I was too close to the stage to see them I think, or maybe I was too caught up in the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

LCD Soundsystem at Glastonbury has to be one of THE best times I've ever had watching a band. The crowd were perfect. Properly incredible. Cannot wait to see them again at EP. Not sure it will live up to Sunday but wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mince Pie wrote: »
    LCD Soundsystem at Glastonbury has to be one of THE best times I've ever had watching a band. The crowd were perfect. Properly incredible. Cannot wait to see them again at EP. Not sure it will live up to Sunday but wow.
    What else was good over the weekend? ELO, Blossoms, Tame Impala, Mercury Rev, Christine & The Queens, Sigur Ros all looked great on TV.

Christine was excellent! Didn't see any of the others you listed but my friends saw Mercury Rev and Sigur Ros and said they were awesome.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Christine was excellent! Didn't see any of the others you listed but my friends saw Mercury Rev and Sigur Ros and said they were awesome.
    Good to hear. I find it painful to watch on TV and not be there. Hope you had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

New Order looked great too, looking forward to them. Judging by the crowd for Wolf Alice it could be a repeat of the London Grammar scenario at the Electric Arena 2 years ago, absolutely jammers.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I was hoping they'd be daytime on the main stage? Did you see the pic I posted of the crowd in the glasto thread? In fairness at Glastonbury there are a fair amount of people who are camped at the main stage all day but still it was clear that the majority were there to see the band.
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Good to hear. I find it painful to watch on TV and not be there. Hope you had a great time.

Thanks! It was bloody amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/3plus-customer-ticket-information

Last chance to buy tickets to Electric Picnic 2016, with thanks to Three.
    As an official partner of Electric Picnic, Three has announced that their customers will have the last chance to purchase tickets to this year’s sold-out festival through their dedicated customer reward programme, 3Plus.

The exact date will be announced on the 18th July and tickets will be on sale by the end of July. If you're a Three customer, make sure you are signed up to 3Plus by logging onto three.ie/plus or visiting the 3Plus app. On July 18th, visit the 3Plus site or app and request your code for a chance to buy tickets. Don’t worry if you forget, the 3Plus team will send you a text or email to remind you!​

To purchase these tickets, log onto three.ie/plus on the sale date and make sure you have your code to hand. Tickets will cost €234.50 including booking fee plus €6.10 service charge. Final purchase of tickets will be through Ticketmaster.

Please note that phone and internet bookings are subject to 12.5% service charge per ticket (max €6.10).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/3plus-customer-ticket-information

Last chance to buy tickets to Electric Picnic 2016, with thanks to Three.
    As an official partner of Electric Picnic, Three has announced that their customers will have the last chance to purchase tickets to this year’s sold-out festival through their dedicated customer reward programme, 3Plus.

The exact date will be announced on the 18th July and tickets will be on sale by the end of July. If you're a Three customer, make sure you are signed up to 3Plus by logging onto three.ie/plus or visiting the 3Plus app. On July 18th, visit the 3Plus site or app and request your code for a chance to buy tickets. Don’t worry if you forget, the 3Plus team will send you a text or email to remind you!​

To purchase these tickets, log onto three.ie/plus on the sale date and make sure you have your code to hand. Tickets will cost €234.50 including booking fee plus €6.10 service charge. Final purchase of tickets will be through Ticketmaster.

Please note that phone and internet bookings are subject to 12.5% service charge per ticket (max €6.10).

This is my least favourite development for EP this year. Announcements that are just announcements of the date that the actual announcement will be made.

I wonder how many tickets will be available? I know Three didn't have many last year but you'd presume if they're making this big a deal out of it that it has to be something significant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

This is my least favourite development for EP this year. Announcements that are just announcements of the date that the actual announcement will be made.

I wonder how many tickets will be available? I know Three didn't have many last year but you'd presume if they're making this big a deal out of it that it has to be something significant.

It's basically when B&S / Castlepaloza / Longitude / Block Party etc are over and they will be able to announce more acts.

I agree that it's annoying that their way of keeping momentum is by having announcements of announcements (or in this case an announcement that they will announce when they are going to sell a handful of tickets at some point next month..)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

CmMJh1MWIAAM2-i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

peteeeed wrote: »
    CmMJh1MWIAAM2-i.jpg

That's a solid few acts - Rusangano's debut album is brilliant, can't wait to see what they're like live

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Speaking of which 65 days of Static would be a cool act to book.
    I've been hounding them on-line for years to come back and play.Probably my favourite act at the minute. Did a five gig Irish tour last year so it'd make sense but alas..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That's a solid few acts - Rusangano's debut album is brilliant, can't wait to see what they're like live

Absolutely incredible.

Great energy in the performance. Other than Girl Band, they're my favourite live band to come from Ireland in quite some time.

So it is the case that these acts will play the OV stage but there's no schedule released in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I've been hounding them on-line for years to come back and play.Probably my favourite act at the minute. Did a five gig Irish tour last year so it'd make sense but alas..........

Well they have a new album out soon, but it's the soundtrack for No Man's Sky so I doubt they'll be touring it.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Well they have a new album out soon, but it's the soundtrack for No Man's Sky so I doubt they'll be touring it.

They announced a UK and European tour yesterday for the autumn so they're definitely heading out on the road soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

New Order looked great too, looking forward to them. Judging by the crowd for Wolf Alice it could be a repeat of the London Grammar scenario at the Electric Arena 2 years ago, absolutely jammers.

I think you might be underestimating the effect of Madness being on after Wolf Alice (followed by Last Shadow Puppets and Tame Impala - what an afternoon/evening!!!)

Edit: Just noticed Coldplay's fireworks going off in the background during All My Friends! I was too close to the stage to see them I think, or maybe I was too caught up in the moment.

That didn't take long to get taken down, I don't understand, why don't they just leave them up, what are they (The BBC) loosing out of this they are not advertising anything and it strengthens the Glastonbury legend and the BBC wall to wall coverage, I wish they wouldn't be such dicks about it.

• Advertisement

That didn't take long to get taken down, I don't understand, why don't they just leave them up, what are they (The BBC) loosing out of this they are not advertising anything and it strengthens the Glastonbury legend and the BBC wall to wall coverage, I wish they wouldn't be such dicks about it.
    I'd guess that they want the viewing figures for the BBC rather than allow YouTube have them. Thus justification for licence fee money spent on Glastonbury. The Daily Mail and the Murdoch papers are always attacking the BBC for wasting money on Glasto coverage so if the BBC get high viewing figures they can point to them and block the complaints.

Though outside the UK it makes no difference so surely they could just block it there. It will probably find its way back onto YouTube when it's no longer on their iPlayer.

And we'll have the real thing soon enough.

Well this didn't get taken down yet and I hope she found a glitter rain coat, I also hope she extends her European leg of the tour, she would be a nice nostalgic touch for the Picnic.

peteeeed wrote: »
    CmMJh1MWIAAM2-i.jpg

The Heathers :eek: Reverse, reverse, reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Well this didn't get taken down yet and I hope she found a glitter rain coat, I also hope she extends her European leg of the tour, she would be a nice nostalgic touch for the Picnic.

Would love to see her added!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 crazytealeaf

Sketchy Qtn on the border control getting into pink moon - theres a group of 8 of us heading this year - 4th year attending, have camped in the 'ordinary' camping the past 3 years and generally think its great but im just wondering, if we booked one 4 man tent in pink moon between the 8 of us, could it be possible at all to share the pink moon bands between the 8 of us, alternating so we could all get one nights decent sleep each in pink moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Sketchy Qtn on the border control getting into pink moon - theres a group of 8 of us heading this year - 4th year attending, have camped in the 'ordinary' camping the past 3 years and generally think its great but im just wondering, if we booked one 4 man tent in pink moon between the 8 of us, could it be possible at all to share the pink moon bands between the 8 of us, alternating so we could all get one nights decent sleep each in pink moon?

don't think so. You get a separate Pink moon wristband and each person has to be at the check in to get the wristband. They were fairly sharp on checking wristbands goin in although twas a bit relaxed on the Sunday last year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Nope, not a hope. They are very very strict getting in to Pink Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Why not book 2 x 4 man tents, will only work out at 100euro each roughly, it's 100 euro well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

For anyone who's interested the Be Your Environment Campsite registrations open at 12 noon on Monday.

I believe they've upsized to 1500 places this year but they booked out in less than 40mins last year so you'd want to be on the ball to get a place if you're interested.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/be-your-environment-eco-campsite-registrations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

For anyone who's interested the Be Your Environment Campsite registrations open at 12 noon on Monday.

I believe they've upsized to 1500 places this year but they booked out in less than 40mins last year so you'd want to be on the ball to get a place if you're interested.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/be-your-environment-eco-campsite-registrations

Don't know much about it. Is it a quieter site, I wonder?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement