Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

is there any specific ticketmaster email address ??

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

lbj666 wrote: »
    is there any specific ticketmaster email address ??

No you have to into their website & into help section. Ask a question and once you do that you get an option to contact them via email - only way to do it it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What difference will it make? If you want to get sorted with a code all you have to do is either ring Ticketmaster or send them an email. I don't know why someone would risk missing out by waiting for festival republic to get their act together.

Or go into a shop and tell them you've been there 3 times, you also dodge the booking fee. There's loads of shops to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

but then you have to do that again next year as there's no record on your account, and then again the year after that, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yeah festivalrepublic are not sending codes yet it seems, maybe down to backlog of email requests. Hopefully they get their act together soon

I got my code from a festival republic employee a guy called Elliot C.

Nothing from ticket master though, which was slightly annoying. But hey have the code so don't care now :)

In my mind it's simple, TM run a report isolate the >3 picnics or more accounts and start issuing codes. They could easily have automated this??

I'm surprised they've kept the "proof system" in place for so long, I.e. Ppl sending in pics of wristbands and the like, it must be a nightmare, completely uncontrollable kinda mocks the idea, why bother having it at all.
    I think everyone knows the score now, keep the transactions on TM, so it wouldn't bother me if they cut out the proof system, and rewarded solely from TM accounts, far more efficient and actually rewards loyalty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GradGirl27

Got my code from TM (rang them), no word back from FR and I sent them an email literally 2 hours after they put up the email to request one. Noticed though that my code begings with EP and not FR like it says on tm when you go to buy the installment ticket. Anyone else in the same boat?? kinda worried

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

GradGirl27 wrote: »
    Got my code from TM (rang them), no word back from FR and I sent them an email literally 2 hours after they put up the email to request one. Noticed though that my code begings with EP and not FR like it says on tm when you go to buy the installment ticket. Anyone else in the same boat?? kinda worried

Mine begins with FR, but I wouldn't be too worried as long as it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mine starts with EP too, came from asking on the ticketmaster help page thing.

mine starts with EP too, came from asking on the ticketmaster help page thing.

Has yours worked or have you tried it yet? Im waiting to get my first instalment when I get paid hopefully tomorrow so will try it then:)

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Mine begins with FR, but I wouldn't be too worried as long as it works!

yeah I'll try when I get paid and hopefully get my first installment done this weekend. Hope it works, if not I'll be peeved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Was thinking of going to this next year with the family (have two kids aged 5 & 4)...did I hear right that kids under 12 are free or is that part of the family ticket? Ideally I'll be looking for 2 one day tickets for me and my wife assuming that the kids are free.

If this isn't the case, are there usually one day family tickets available? Cos there seems to be only weekend long family tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Is the camper van park that much of a trek from the arena?.... it was my first year this year and loved it so am thinking about hiring one next year.... how much roughly do you pay for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Was thinking of going to this next year with the family (have two kids aged 5 & 4)...did I hear right that kids under 12 are free or is that part of the family ticket? Ideally I'll be looking for 2 one day tickets for me and my wife assuming that the kids are free.

If this isn't the case, are there usually one day family tickets available? Cos there seems to be only weekend long family tickets

Kids 12 and under are free. The family ticket just gets you in to the family campsite but they're booked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ideally I'll be looking for 2 one day tickets for me and my wife assuming that the kids are free.

They do Sunday only tickets but not sure if they've been released. Also not sure if they'll entitle you to bring kids in for free. Give Ticketmaster a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

jobless wrote: »
    Is the camper van park that much of a trek from the arena?.... it was my first year this year and loved it so am thinking about hiring one next year.... how much roughly do you pay for them?

its about a 20 min walk. First time going in camper for me this year and i thought it would bother me but it didnt. Plenty of interesting sights along the way :p

Price depends on size of camper. My friend owns one but you can pay anything from 500 to 1500 for huge on. They also usually charge about 500-1k damage deposit so be prepared for that. You get it back obviously if no damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

Just on the codes - I took the advice above (thank you!) and followed the ticketmaster link and the 'contact us' option to ask for my loyalty code.

This was this morning - it took about 25 mins before a girl called Ciara was back to me. I've only been to 2 picnics so was chancing my arm like some before me and just sought a code without mentioning this fact but, alas, although she gave me my 1-2 code immediately based on my account info, she did seek proof if I wanted a 3 or more code..

Happy as larry, mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

I know its a bit early but I've been thinking about potential headliners for next year. I think both Disclosure and The XX are likely with new albums coming out along with someone more established like The Libertines or even The Stone Roses (there's rumours of a new album from them).

Just been announced on the radio that The Corrs are to begin touring again. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »
    Just been announced on the radio that The Corrs are to begin touring again. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

They can funk right off.

If they did make an appearance, they would at least act like the proverbial sh1te to attract the flies freeing up space else where.

They can funk right off.

If they did make an appearance, they would at least act like the proverbial sh1te to attract the flies freeing up space else where.

A spin off Jim Corr debate in Mindfield would be hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »
    A spin off Jim Corr debate in Mindfield would be hilarious

New in Mindfield 2016, naked mud wrestling.

Bout 1 - Jim Corr & David Icke vs The Ghosts of Christopher Hitchens and Tony Benn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I know its a bit early but I've been thinking about potential headliners for next year. I think both Disclosure and The XX are likely with new albums coming out along with someone more established like The Libertines or even The Stone Roses (there's rumours of a new album from them).

A few people have mentioned The XX, and I think the Libs will be headlining big gigs or festivals in Ireland next year myself, though it could be Longitude (they would seem a better fit there I think).

I actually have no clue who might be around next year and if you'd told me last year that Florence, Blur and Sam Smith would headline I wouldn't have believed you on at least one account so it's impossible to guess.

At this stage, it'd be easier to rule out some people based on having been around recently and that.

I would love love love the Stone Roses to be in town but that could be a pipe dream. We'll put them in the same pile as Radiohead, Fleetwood Mac, Kate Bush and Daft Punk sure...

I'd also really like EP to start pushing the boat out with headline acts like Glastonbury does with some of its big names. No reason that people like Stevie Wonder, etc. couldn't draw huge crowds at Stradbally.

I'd also be interested to see if they'll gamble on giving acts the chance. Foals, Tame Impala, etc could all be able to make the step up and really just need a few festivals to take the gamble. Bands like the Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire and the National all headlined Irish festivals as and before they were breaking and it elevated them big time here. Admittedly, the wrong booking could fall flat but festivals are a bit short on headliners ATM so they might want to start gambling on a few!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

A few people have mentioned The XX, and I think the Libs will be headlining big gigs or festivals in Ireland next year myself, though it could be Longitude (they would seem a better fit there I think).

I actually have no clue who might be around next year and if you'd told me last year that Florence, Blur and Sam Smith would headline I wouldn't have believed you on at least one account so it's impossible to guess.

At this stage, it'd be easier to rule out some people based on having been around recently and that.

I would love love love the Stone Roses to be in town but that could be a pipe dream. We'll put them in the same pile as Radiohead, Fleetwood Mac, Kate Bush and Daft Punk sure...

I'd also really like EP to start pushing the boat out with headline acts like Glastonbury does with some of its big names. No reason that people like Stevie Wonder, etc. couldn't draw huge crowds at Stradbally.

I'd also be interested to see if they'll gamble on giving acts the chance. Foals, Tame Impala, etc could all be able to make the step up and really just need a few festivals to take the gamble. Bands like the Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire and the National all headlined Irish festivals as and before they were breaking and it elevated them big time here. Admittedly, the wrong booking could fall flat but festivals are a bit short on headliners ATM so they might want to start gambling on a few!!

I am kinda the opposite with this, i find things have become too headliner driven, there was huge crowds at main stage for the headliners, yet I doubt there was many occasions where cosby, rankins and EA were full to the back. I heard london grammer was packed last year but Its remarkable the capacity has been upped by 15,000 in recent years but the occasions where tent stages have been close to full have become less and less.

I'd prefer they keep bulking up the middle of the card with solid names and more importantly better variety providing plenty to keep people going during the day and plenty of alternatives to the main stage acts at night time.

Its not a perfectly healthy festival when half the crowd on sunday were "just waiting for florence" , leaving huge crowds roaming around all day and less and less people actually watching any music.

As for Stevie, would be perfect and always has been.

But the reason Glastonbury gets the massive names that it does is because of the profile it give those bands even more, album sales shoot up after appearances and the Eavis' are able to negotiate a vastly reduced fees because of that.

The way i see it with headliner is if an act can draw around 35k-40k plus for a gig by themselves that means its unlikely a promoter would put them on a festival line up.

That rules the like of KOL , Foo's Daft Punk and plenty of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Stevie Wonder would have to cost WAY too much, no?

A great shout for a main stage feel-good nostalgia set would be Lionel Ritchie. I see he triumphed at Glastonbury this year…so much fun!

I'd love to see PJ Harvey and Radiohead, but agree that the middle of the ladder acts are where things could be made even more interesting. I would love to avoid the main stage as much as possible if I could!

Edited to add that Lionel Ritchie's Glastonbury set was in direct contrast to Kanye's the night before. He was so humbled by the reaction he got.

lbj666 wrote: »
    I am kinda the opposite with this, i find things have become too headliner driven, there was huge crowds at main stage for the headliners, yet I doubt there was many occasions where cosby, rankins and EA were full to the back. I heard london grammer was packed last year but Its remarkable the capacity has been upped by 15,000 in recent years but the occasions where tent stages have been close to full have become less and less.

I'd prefer they keep bulking up the middle of the card with solid names and more importantly better variety providing plenty to keep people going during the day and plenty of alternatives to the main stage acts at night time.

Its not a perfectly healthy festival when half the crowd on sunday were "just waiting for florence" , leaving huge crowds roaming around all day and less and less people actually watching any music.

As for Stevie, would be perfect and always has been.

But the reason Glastonbury gets the massive names that it does is because of the profile it give those bands even more, album sales shoot up after appearances and the Eavis' are able to negotiate a vastly reduced fees because of that.

The way i see it with headliner is if an act can draw around 35k-40k plus for a gig by themselves that means its unlikely a promoter would put them on a festival line up.

That rules the like of KOL , Foo's Daft Punk and plenty of others.

I was at quite a few shows in the Electric Arena this year that were rammed full when the Main Stage was busy too. My Morning Jacket, War on Drugs, Belle & Sebastian, Jape all had verrrry respectable crowds for their various times. But I would agree with you. A solid undercard is important and, even more so, a varied one.

I loved Hot Chip this year (and Jape too) but a lot of the same bands seem to show up here year after year. I think that WOD, MMJ and a few more got particularly big crowds because they don't play here often, whereas someone like Hot Chip falls squarely into the "I've seen 'em before so might skip" category for me and a few others I think.
    sadie06 wrote: »
    Stevie Wonder would have to cost WAY too much, no?

A great shout for a main stage feel-good nostalgia set would be Lionel Ritchie. I see he triumphed at Glastonbury this year…so much fun!

I'd love to see PJ Harvey and Radiohead, but agree that the middle of the ladder acts are where things could be made even more interesting. I would love to avoid the main stage as much as possible if I could!

Edited to add that Lionel Ritchie's Glastonbury set was in direct contrast to Kanye's the night before. He was so humbled by the reaction he got.

Didn't enjoy PJ Harvey at all a few years ago. I actually left, thought she was so dull. Disappointing because I really like her.

--

I'm actually struggling to think of anyone who they might get next year. A lot of the big, available ones have played recently, and then you have the "too big for EP" crowd too so they are in an unusual middle ground. And I think with Blur, Florence, Sam Smith, etc this year, there'd be a bit of a deflated perception next year if they slacked off with headliners even if a lot of people would be happier with a strong undercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I don't usually bother with the bands I would love to see kind of post like Bowie, Pink Floyd and Daft Punk, but here's some realistic more ones.
    Some good bands that haven't played here in a bit would be Wilco, Beirut, Thievery Corporation, Fat Freddys Drop, Death in Vegas, Yeasayer, M83, Washed Out, Moderat, Bonobo, Fúck Buttons, Fleet Foxes, Cut Copy, Cinematic Orchestra, Local Natives

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Part of me isn't arsed about what 'names' they get, as I found the best fun I had this year was just wandering from one tent to the next and discovering new music. Waiting around for a headliner (and you do have to wait if you want a standing position that is in any way decent) sucks the fun out of it a bit for me.

That said, if they got Klangkarussell, i'd be the happiest man ever.

I don't usually bother with the bands I would love to see kind of post like Bowie, Pink Floyd and Daft Punk, but here's some realistic more ones.
    Some good bands that haven't played here in a bit would be Wilco, Beirut, Thievery Corporation, Fat Freddys Drop, Death in Vegas, Yeasayer, M83, Washed Out, Moderat, Bonobo, Fúck Buttons, Fleet Foxes, Cut Copy, Cinematic Orchestra, Local Natives

Those 6 please!!

Wilco are touring the US at the moment. Haven't done any international leg on the new album so I would say dates over here at some stage in 2016 are likely. Beirut are in Europe right now I think, but, again, very little done on the new album so 2016 will see them a bit involved I would think.

Yeasayer and M83 are a bit quiet at the minute but are both perfect EP bands. A new album early next year and they'd be ideal, Bonobo too.

Fleet Foxes are off the radar entirely at the moment. In 2013 they indicated they were starting to record a third album, but in 2014 Robin Pecknold confirmed he was moving to New York to do his undergraduate degree in Columbia. The band broke when he was quite young and he never got the chance to go to college so he was taking time out and hasn't indicated whether or not he'll come back any time soon. They would surely get a very good slot if they turned up again, especially since it's been a few years since they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Foals and The National hopefully, maybe The Maccabees too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

The Heavy , TV on the Radio , Living Colour , ZZ Top , The Black Angels , Basement Jaxx , The Handsome Family , and The Specials would all be on my wish-list!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement