Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

mrk75 wrote: »
    Don't know much about it. Is it a quieter site, I wonder?

Don't know about it being quieter. it's cleaner anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

mrk75 wrote: »
    Don't know much about it. Is it a quieter site, I wonder?

Yeah, quieter, cleaner, usually full of sound people. Chill out areas, it's own security etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah, quieter, cleaner, usually full of sound people. Chill out areas, it's own security etc etc

Keeps the riff-raff out :pac:

Maybe I'm just older but I much prefer it to any other campsite. There's no rubbish anywhere and the people are usually great and you can still have a proper good time. They even go around giving you bags when you arrive for you to put your rubbish into and they have separate bins for recycling and all that jazz. I'm already signed up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

-=al=- wrote: »
    Keeps the riff-raff out :pac:

Maybe I'm just older but I much prefer it to any other campsite. There's no rubbish anywhere and the people are usually great and you can still have a proper good time. They even go around giving you bags when you arrive for you to put your rubbish into and they have separate bins for recycling and all that jazz. I'm already signed up :)

Pink Moon is much the same really. I couldn't fault it at all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Sounds good. Will try and sign up for it on Monday.

Thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/3plus-customer-ticket-information

Last chance to buy tickets to Electric Picnic 2016, with thanks to Three.
    As an official partner of Electric Picnic, Three has announced that their customers will have the last chance to purchase tickets to this year’s sold-out festival through their dedicated customer reward programme, 3Plus.

The exact date will be announced on the 18th July and tickets will be on sale by the end of July. If you're a Three customer, make sure you are signed up to 3Plus by logging onto three.ie/plus or visiting the 3Plus app. On July 18th, visit the 3Plus site or app and request your code for a chance to buy tickets. Don’t worry if you forget, the 3Plus team will send you a text or email to remind you!​

To purchase these tickets, log onto three.ie/plus on the sale date and make sure you have your code to hand. Tickets will cost €234.50 including booking fee plus €6.10 service charge. Final purchase of tickets will be through Ticketmaster.

Please note that phone and internet bookings are subject to 12.5% service charge per ticket (max €6.10).

That will be probably the date of the third announcement then, the end of July as they will want to push these last remaining tickets.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Any streaming festivals this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Any streaming festivals this weekend.

Roskilde: http://live.roskilde-festival.dk/

Biffy Clyro, BadBadNotGood, Young Thug, Tenacious D, LCD Soundsystem, M83, New Order, Mo, David August, few others.

Think it has been going since Wednesday or Thursday so might have already missed a good bit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Jamie T released a new single this week. Would love to see him at EP. Said the same when he released the new album last year and was left disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

Jamie T released a new single this week. Would love to see him at EP. Said the same when he released the new album last year and was left disappointed.

Brilliant live performance at last years Glastonbury, he'd be a top class addition to the EP line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I hate his Zombie song with a passion :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

beecee wrote: »
    I think you might be underestimating the effect of Madness being on after Wolf Alice (followed by Last Shadow Puppets and Tame Impala - what an afternoon/evening!!!)

I'm sure there was a bit of that, but I don't think you're giving them their due credit! Glasto generally has its finger on the pulse of acts that become big.
    We're quite slow in warming to new acts here, so when and where Wolf Alice play will be a real challenge for the EP!

I've harped on enough about them already, but they're getting better with every listen!
    https://youtu.be/O_QBC_pDkeU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm sure there was a bit of that, but I don't think you're giving them their due credit! Glasto generally has its finger on the pulse of acts that become big.
    We're quite slow in warming to new acts here, so when and where Wolf Alice play will be a real challenge for the EP!

I gotta say that I think the Picnic has been ahead of the curve in promoting new acts, from Arcade Fire, Hot Chip & LCD Soundsystem in 2005 to Ho9909, LA Priest, Natalie Prass & Shamir in 2015. Over the years bands like Foals, Antlers, Serena-Maneesh, Michachu, Glass Animals, Florence & the Machine, Perfume Genius, Young Fathers (& Wolf Alice themselves in 2014) have played at an early stage of their career. There are acts that I miss every year that 12-18 months later break through and I belatedly realise they'd done a set at EP. And there'll be some in 2016 that are on the way up. Blossoms & Whitney are two who'll get bigger, though probably not all that big. Any other goodies hidden in the line-up? Recommendations appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

That will be probably the date of the third announcement then, the end of July as they will want to push these last remaining tickets.

The number of tickets released to Three customers last year was tiny. It's an advertising tactic rather than a ticket-selling one so they won't need to tie in a big announcement to push anything.

Any remaining acts to be announced are probably very low down the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

That was class. Can't wait for that

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭gandalfio

For anyone who's interested the Be Your Environment Campsite registrations open at 12 noon on Monday.

I believe they've upsized to 1500 places this year but they booked out in less than 40mins last year so you'd want to be on the ball to get a place if you're interested.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/be-your-environment-eco-campsite-registrations

How do you sign up? It doesn't mention in the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

gandalfio wrote: »
    How do you sign up? It doesn't mention in the link.

Not sure exactly, i'm guessing a link will go live at 12 monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

Haven't seen it announced anywhere else, or on the EP lineup, but The Magician has EP listed on his tour schedule....

image.jpg

Saturday/Sunday 7/8pm slot in one of the tents would be absolutely magical....

Roskilde: http://live.roskilde-festival.dk/

Biffy Clyro, BadBadNotGood, Young Thug, Tenacious D, LCD Soundsystem, M83, New Order, Mo, David August, few others.

Think it has been going since Wednesday or Thursday so might have already missed a good bit of it.

Every time I click Channel 1 for the National I keep getting this African band, even though they are alright.

Edit: Ha ha its a African group called Tal National, I thought it was the National. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Just back from seeing leftfield and king kong at Daytripper. Have to say both sets were cracking. If EP have not got these two in the next announcement, they will have sorely missed out. Some athmosphere, the sound and visuals from Leftields set were something to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

deeceemee wrote: »
    Just back from seeing leftfield and king kong at Daytripper. Have to say both sets were cracking. If EP have not got these two in the next announcement, they will have sorely missed out. Some athmosphere, the sound and visuals from Leftields set were something to behold.

Are leftfield doing the full band thing at the moment or just dj sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

King Kong company closed the salty dog last year on Sunday night. They rocked the place!! They're an Irish band so I'd expect to see them back again this year.

How loud were leftfield??

There is a Glastonbury 2 hour highlights programme on BBC 2 tonight starting at 11.15 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any other goodies hidden in the line-up? Recommendations appreciated.

Margaret Glapsy and Basia Bulat on other voices.
    Karl Blau on OV is getting some airplay on 6music but not mad on him myself.

Meilyr Jones is pretty good.
    Pumarosa have a good track 'priestess' don't know much about them bar that.

King Kong company closed the salty dog last year on Sunday night. They rocked the place!! They're an Irish band so I'd expect to see them back again this year.

Have seen King Kong at the salty dog last year. Their sound is crisper now since Neill McLellan produced their album imo. An excellent opener to Leftfield and deserve a spot in the main arena at EP to help them reach a wider audience. The place was electric! On a scale of 1 to 10 for loudness, Leftfield were a 13. Bass went through you. Great sound and the new album is cracking. They needed a bigger crowd, about 900 there max. They would be spot on for the main stage or the Electric Arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the last 2 years. wouldn't be the same without them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

On a scale of 1 to 10 for loudness, Leftfield were a 13. Bass went through you. Great sound and the new album is cracking. They needed a bigger crowd, about 900 there max. They would be spot on for the main stage or the Electric Arena!

That's a shame on the size of the crowd, they have a rep for loudness though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Any other goodies hidden in the line-up? Recommendations appreciated.

Margaret Glapsy and Basia Bulat on other voices.
    Karl Blau on OV is getting some airplay on 6music but not mad on him myself.

Meilyr Jones is pretty good.
    Pumarosa have a good track 'priestess' don't know much about them bar that.
    Thanks for the info. Love the two Karl Blau tracks I've heard so will check him out more. Caught Meilyr Jones at Field Day, good but not unmissable. The others I know nothing about so the tips are very welcome.

• Advertisement

That's a shame on the size of the crowd, they have a rep for loudness though

The crowd was small but the place was buzzing. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement