Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Roskilde: http://live.roskilde-festival.dk/

Biffy Clyro, BadBadNotGood, Young Thug, Tenacious D, LCD Soundsystem, M83, New Order, Mo, David August, few others.

Think it has been going since Wednesday or Thursday so might have already missed a good bit of it.

Lcd soundsystem on now. Class. Cannot wait to see them at EP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

andreac wrote: »
    Lcd soundsystem on now. Class. Cannot wait to see them at EP!!

New Order was on earlier too watched some of that, Peaches was mental earlier some good tunes. I've watched so much different festival streams now with LCD I'm sticking with the Glastonbury highlights show on BBC 2, its quite interesting a track from each possible clashing act in a sort of time scale. I got the LCD Glasto rip that will be good enough till EP, although Glasto will probably show the all my friends or the daft punk is playing at my house clip.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This set just keeps getting better. My god they are going to be amazing! !

Is there anywhere to watch the Glastonbury set? Didn't get to see it myself.

andreac wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to watch the Glastonbury set? Didn't get to see it myself.

I Dunno was watching through Filmon, was watching Chvrches and it suddenly shut off as the schedule was 10 minutes late there is a block in filmon screening Euro matches which was following Glasto so the ending was cut off by 10 minutes, currently watching LCD on the Roskilde stream.

• Advertisement

Yeah still watching it myself. It's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

question to all the people who can't wait for the LCD set at EP

did you see them before they broke up?

i'm not being snobby, just missing out on all these feelz :-(

it's the SAME set as 2010 EP or 2010 tripod! give or take

Without North American Scum and Drunk Girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

didn't see them then and I hear the setlist thing but the setlist is not the gig, it's the location, the friends you're with, the mood you're in, are the band going through the motions or actually feeling the emotion of the crowd and feeding off it.

I am really really really looking forward to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Never liked LCD, but watched the Glastonbury set and I was pleasantly surprised by their performance. So much so that I spotified the fook out of them this week... and yeah, I still think they're one of the most overrated bands in the last decade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dropinthocean

Just bought (overpriced) tickets online from ebay; Haven't missed EP since I first went 5 years ago but tickets sold out really early this year! I hope its worth it. Now to get organised for the festival- Cant wait :rolleyes:

Just curious at what sparked the decision for LCD to reform, I know Hot Chip and Despacio were playing the same festivals at various times, I'm just wondering if the Bruce cover that Hot Chip done which merged with the end of All my friends, I wonder if Murphy had seen that and was inspired again and of course the guitarist Al, who is in both groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

bodhrandude that hot chip cover is really good, id hope that the cover plus doing the Christmas song inspired them to come back together. I mean given Murphy's stance on the whole thing, I'd doubt they'd come back for just money. Then again you can't blame them for coming back for the money, I mean all of us here would take it.

Can someone that knows these things tell me if Jeff Lynne's ELO are still available around picnic? I know theyre probably too big to be announced now, but I'm watching the Hyde park documentary on the telly right now and my god I bet theyre exceptional live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

saw them 3 times before they stopped, Glastonbury last week was equal with Tripod 2010 as the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I saw them in 2005 at Oxegen, 2010 at EP and this year at Primavera. Disappointed with the Primavera one, just felt their heart wasn't in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just curious at what sparked the decision for LCD to reform, I know Hot Chip and Despacio were playing the same festivals at various times, I'm just wondering if the Bruce cover that Hot Chip done which merged with the end of All my friends, I wonder if Murphy had seen that and was inspired again and of course the guitarist who is in both groups.

I don't know if you're on Facebook but if you look at LCDs page and scroll down a bit James Murphy posted a big statement back in January explaining how they came back from the dead. I'll copy and paste it here if you want but it's quite long and most people probably don't care.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don't know if you're on Facebook but if you look at LCDs page and scroll down a bit James Murphy posted a big statement back in January explaining how they came back from the dead. I'll copy and paste it here if you want but it's quite long and most people probably don't care.

Is that the piece that starts with 'Lets just start this thing with some clarity...'

Yeah that's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

One of the most important questions hasn't been asked or I have missed it.
    Is Pablo doing the app again this year??

I feckin hope so! That thing was so handy last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Not sure if bodhrandude is about but they are doing 2 hours of non stop aphex twin on BBC 6music right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

New Avalanches album is amazing. Love to see them added in the next announcement. Surely a half decent chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Morrison J wrote: »
    New Avalanches album is amazing. Love to see them added in the next announcement. Surely a half decent chance.

A massive long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Saw avalanches at Primavera. They were terrible.

A massive long shot.

Why? Have a date in Europe two weeks before EP. Its possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Morrison J wrote: »
    Why? Have a date in Europe two weeks before EP. Its possible.

I would just question why such a coup for EP would be announced so late, or why Avalanches wouldn't have announced it when announcing their other dates.

I'd love to see them but I just think it's very unlikely.

I would just question why such a coup for EP would be announced so late, or why Avalanches wouldn't have announced it when announcing their other dates.

Think you're overrating how much of a coup for EP they'd be tbh. Would doubt the average person attending the festival these days would have even heard of them.

Kodaline and Two Door Cinema Club were both announced in late July a few years back and would comfortably be a bigger booking for EP I'd imagine.

The chances are it probably won't happen but theres no reason to believe it can't imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

much like Radiohead, they're waiting until the week of their album release to announce this one specific festival appearance in Ireland, due to the amount of album sales it will generate.

...apparently.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

much like Radiohead, they're waiting until the week of their album release to announce this one specific festival appearance in Ireland, due to the amount of album sales it will generate.

...apparently.....

given that most people who've even heard of them would class them as a novelty single act from 15 years ago, the amount of sales would be ****&all.

• Advertisement

given that most people who've even heard of them would class them as a novelty single act from 15 years ago, the amount of sales would be ****&all.

Their first album is generally regarded as one of the best of its generation. Novelty single act is a tad harsh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement