Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not really, Frontier Psychiatrist is what they're known for to a lot of people, most of whom wouldn't have bought the album.

I have the album, i paid money for it, it's a great album but outside people who actually paid money for it 15 years ago, it's a fair call on the basis of their main hit single. Not having a pop at them critically, just on how they would be seen to the average punter (and lets not forget that by now, a good chunk of EP attendees would have been just over getting to grips with the potty training when The Avalanches were a thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Not really, Frontier Psychiatrist is what they're known for to a lot of people, most of whom wouldn't have bought the album.

I have the album, i paid money for it, it's a great album but outside people who actually paid money for it 15 years ago, it's a fair call on the basis of their main hit single. Not having a pop at them critically, just on how they would be seen to the average punter (and lets not forget that by now, a good chunk of EP attendees would have been just over getting to grips with the potty training when The Avalanches were a thing)

Its not even their best selling single though? The title track was.

Snarky Snark Snark

Yep it was a bigger seller (just about, none of their stuff charted well at all), but FP had the much more known video (and that was in a time before youtube)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

given that most people who've even heard of them would class them as a novelty single act from 15 years ago, the amount of sales would be ****&all.

Think he was just having a bit of a laugh at the increasingly elaborate theories put forward by people who refused to accept Radiohead weren't playing.

Snarky Snark Snark

d'oh!

that's what i get for spending the weekend outside working, sense of sarcasm detector seriously on blitz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

question to all the people who can't wait for the LCD set at EP

did you see them before they broke up?

i'm not being snobby, just missing out on all these feelz :-(

it's the SAME set as 2010 EP or 2010 tripod! give or take
    Caught part of the set in 2005, the full headlining set in 2007 and the Electric Arena slot in 2010. All great, and I think they got better as they went along. After 6 years away I think the return will be even better. There's a lot of people who've never had the opportunity to see them who'll be properly feeling the buzz in September. However good any of the other acts are LCD will own the weekend.

Effects wrote: »
    Saw avalanches at Primavera. They were terrible.
    Caught them at Field Day. Easily the worst set I've seen all year.

I would just question why such a coup for EP would be announced so late, or why Avalanches wouldn't have announced it when announcing their other dates.

I'd love to see them but I just think it's very unlikely.
    much like Radiohead, they're waiting until the week of their album release to announce this one specific festival appearance in Ireland, due to the amount of album sales it will generate.

...apparently.....
    I'd suggested an announcement of several shows, not just one. Which didn't happen. So far, so wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Morrison J wrote: »
    I would just question why such a coup for EP would be announced so late, or why Avalanches wouldn't have announced it when announcing their other dates.

I'd love to see them but I just think it's very unlikely.

Think you're overrating how much of a coup for EP they'd be tbh. Would doubt the average person attending the festival these days would have even heard of them.

Kodaline and Two Door Cinema Club were both announced in late July a few years back and would comfortably be a bigger booking for EP I'd imagine.
    Oy vey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What I heard about the Avalanches set at Primavera was that they had issues at the airport transporting some of their equipment and were forced to do a DJ set, doesn't sound like Field Day was any better.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It was a bad DJ set then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/be-your-environment-eco-campsite-registrations

Registration for the BYE Campsite is open now, be quick there is only 1500 places!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

deeceemee wrote: »
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/be-your-environment-eco-campsite-registrations

Registration for the BYE Campsite is open now, be quick there is only 1500 places!

Anyone else get a 404 error when they registered?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

RustyP wrote: »

yes

But when I tried to re register it said my email was already registered

Yep, I did but when I entered my info a second time it told me I was already registered. Try enter info again and see will you get the same message

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

full already.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

And....gone

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Yep, I did but when I entered my info a second time it told me I was already registered. Try enter info again and see will you get the same message
    Happened me too but haven't got a confirmation e-mail of any sort yet to say I am registered.

I'll assume that I am and that they'll be in touch. Not much I can about it now anyway... :)

yeah I think if you got the 404 Page Not Found message after entering the details, you should be alright.
    if you entered the details and it just went straight to the info page, then I think it was already full by the time you hit submit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I pre-registered last week and haven't gotten a confirmation mail yet either so i'd say anyone who got the 404 will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

wonder will it be in the same area with 1500 spaces this year? id say they could've had twice that if not more

Ep have said on the Facebook page that if you got a 404 message to PM them with details and they will confirm if registration when through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

wonder will it be in the same area with 1500 spaces this year? id say they could've had twice that if not more

Possibly not, it's been in a different spot for the 2 years that BYE have been running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Aha balls, ECO camp full!! Where exactly was it last year?
    There's a narrow strip where the path cuts through Oscar Wilde, it was there in previous years but it looked like a complete and utter mess last year.

it was outside Oscar Wilde last year, in a field on its own on the opposite side of the trees to the toilets in Wilde.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

it was outside Oscar Wilde last year, in a field on its own on the opposite side of the trees to the toilets in Wilde.

image.jpg

Was there checks going in? Remember walking past it Sat on the way to the car, it just looked like anyone could walk in and set up?

Also as you walk through the wristband exchange on the way in there's a camp site on the right hand side, Charlie Chaplin, anyone camp there last year? I have it in my head that It's an overflow camp that only opens when the other sites are full? Anyone any insight? It looked really clean and spacious.

My mate (the selfish prick) is getting married on the EP Friday, I can't miss the wedding unfortunately, arrgghh. It's either not drink and leave the reception early or bail down Saturday. I've always been there early Friday, so not sure what to expect? (Gulp)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Everyone knows the Jimi Hendrix campsite is the best.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Was there checks going in? Remember walking past it Sat on the way to the car, it just looked like anyone could walk in and set up?

We stayed there last year. It was heaven. You had to give you name and your email address to confirm attendance. A seperate wrist band was given that had ECO stamped on it. Volunteers that stayed in the campsite were checking on the gate to get in over the weekend. Email BYE on Facebook and ask them to let you know when the waiting list registration is opening up ,Stephen should get back to give a date. He had a post up today about opening a waiting list for the campsite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

MadYaker wrote:
    Everyone knows the Jimi Hendrix campsite is the best.

I think in this discussion 'best' is relative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement