Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Not to add fuel to the RHCP fire, but I see they're playing in Belfast Aug25th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Also as you walk through the wristband exchange on the way in there's a camp site on the right hand side, Charlie Chaplin, anyone camp there last year? I have it in my head that It's an overflow camp that only opens when the other sites are full? Anyone any insight? It looked really clean and spacious.

Stayed in the Charlie Chaplin last year. I have Pink Moon booked this year, but if I didn't, I'd have no hesitation about going back to CC. As you described, clean, spacious, and with a generally older crowd (i.e. no 'heads'). Security is also much more visible on the site, but in no way intrusive.

It's effectively an Eco camp in all but name, and with no need to register. Get there before Friday evening, and you'll have a spot no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not to add fuel to the RHCP fire, but I see they're playing in Belfast Aug25th!!

No fuel to add, they are safely in Eastern Europe that weekend.

Aha....... the weight of worry you have just lifted from my shoulders! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,710 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

69254801.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The relief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

MadYaker wrote: »
    Everyone knows the Jimi Hendrix campsite is the best.

Stayed in Hendrix last year. Was grand all weekend, although a bit noisier in the mornings than I appreciated. Then on the Sunday night there was a tent a few over that got set on fire. Reckon we'll stay in Wilde this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I'm giving Janis Joplin campsite a big recommendation. Stayed there last year and it was great. Quieter, cleaner and much more room than Wilde/Hendrix, fewer gobsh*tes too. A bit further from the main arena but closer to the entrance so less distance to lug all yer gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Mr.S wrote: »
    Best campsite is any spot as far away from the fairground rides.

Areeee youuuuuuuu reaaaaaadyyyyy?

I still have nightmares of hearing that 24/7

We were on the far side of Hendrix so that wasn't an issue. But camped right beside a food van that played music non stop. Have vivid memories of waking up on the Sunday to David Guetta blaring, a low point of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Christine and the Queens are another massive miss for EP presuming there is no crossover from Longitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Mr.S wrote: »
    Best campsite is any spot as far away from the fairground rides.

Areeee youuuuuuuu reaaaaaadyyyyy?

I still have nightmares of hearing that 24/7

Many years ago camping at WOMAD in Reading, we ended up in the overflow campsite, camping under the bungee jump. That was fun :rolleyes: Waking up on a Sat/Sun morning hungover, and every few minutes hearing 'aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhh' as people's lives flashed before their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I'm giving Janis Joplin campsite a big recommendation. Stayed there last year and it was great. Quieter, cleaner and much more room than Wilde/Hendrix, fewer gobsh*tes too. A bit further from the main arena but closer to the entrance so less distance to lug all yer gear.
    Charlie wrote: »
    Stayed in the Charlie Chaplin last year. I have Pink Moon booked this year, but if I didn't, I'd have no hesitation about going back to CC. As you described, clean, spacious, and with a generally older crowd (i.e. no 'heads'). Security is also much more visible on the site, but in no way intrusive.

It's effectively an Eco camp in all but name, and with no need to register. Get there before Friday evening, and you'll have a spot no bother.

Would it be ok to bring kids into either one? Family camping was sold out this year before I got my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Would it be ok to bring kids into either one? Family camping was sold out this year before I got my tickets.

I've camped in Warhol for 11 years running and I've never had any trouble but there are horror stories. I wouldn't guarantee anything. Luck of the draw I'd say but I've obviously been very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'd say you'd be grand in Joplin, up by the camper vans, but the walk to and from the arena is a killer - you might need a buggy / wheelbarrow for the kids, and hope the ground is dry..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Feck all this talk about camping, best campsite is the Body & Soul crew camp if you can get work at the fest, this will be my second year at the crew camp area.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

camped in Joplin a few years ago it was nice and quiet, and there was loads of space. It is pretty far from the arena though. Chaplin could be an option? failing that theres always pink moon

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

13603310_10154332994274168_8543045184577361610_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

13603310_10154332994274168_8543045184577361610_o.jpg

Kelly-Anne Bryne:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

A-Skillz must have shares in Bacardi or something.
    pretty dull announcement tbh, sh1te headliners and several repeat names from the last few of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I know precisely none of those names.

58 sleeps btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Oooooooooooooh Hercules & Love Affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Hercules and Love Affair were awesome a couple of years ago- performance is really fun. Much better suited in Casa B than what I think was the Electric Arena? And clashing with Beck!

I doubt it will be a full H&LA performance, probably just Andy Butler DJing again.

The Blizzards are playing, according to last Friday's The Sun.

apparently they said it during this, if anyone wants to suffer through their music for confirmation:
    http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/Dermot_and_Dave/Dermot__Dave/56749/2/The_Blizzards_Barber_Session

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not great headliners for Casa Bacardi compared to previous years but overall a decent announcement from them, Horse Meat Disco should be a lot of fun saw them in the Twisted Pepper a year or two ago and they were brilliant. Looking forward to seeing Nicky Siano & Hercules & love Affair as well, haven't caught them any of the previous times they've been in Ireland. Huxley plays at every single festival in Ireland at this stage. Happy with some of the Irish acts on the line up though, DJ Deece, Kellyanne Byrne, Get Down Edits always put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

I was in joplin the last couple of years and found it very quiet. I think it gets the after work crowd. I'd bring my kids in

The Blizzards are playing, according to last Friday's The Sun.

apparently they said it during this, if anyone wants to suffer through their music for confirmation:
    http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/Dermot_and_Dave/Dermot__Dave/56749/2/The_Blizzards_Barber_Session

Utter ****e!!!
    Interesting to see when and where they'll play. I'd say their pay and position on the bill is inflated due to bressie's profile! They're a midday body and soul act at best. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

Can anyone tell me what the policy on flares is for most concerts?
    Would you still get in if caught? Would it just be taken off you? would they be right c**ts and bring ye to the gaurds? any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Utter ****e!!!
    Interesting to see when and where they'll play. I'd say their pay and position on the bill is inflated due to bressie's profile! They're a midday body and soul act at best. ;)

Can see them doing an early slot in Electric Arena and a slot on Salty Dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I wouldn't bring kids into any non family camping.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement