Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Feck all this talk about camping, best campsite is the Body & Soul crew camp if you can get work at the fest, this will be my second year at the crew camp area.

No thanks, I'd rather not work at a music festival.

Dundalkian wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the policy on flares is for most concerts?
    Would you still get in if caught? Would it just be taken off you? would they be right c**ts and bring ye to the gaurds? any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers

As long as you don't pair them with a dodgy 70s costume wig and jacket you'll be grand.
    If it's wet and muddy they will probably drag on the ground and pick up a lot of mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Effects wrote: »
    No thanks, I'd rather not work at a music festival.

You probably meant to reply to me, I was talking about festival crew camping.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

You probably meant to reply to me, I was talking about festival crew camping.

Yep!

These days I wouldn't camp in the regular campsites. Too many douche bags around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JPM1997

What is the Craic with showers at the picnic first year going this year just wondering?

• Advertisement

JPM1997 wrote: »
    What is the Craic with showers at the picnic first year going this year just wondering?

There are showers in the Jimi Hendrix campsite but you have to make sure to get there early as there can be big queues at times to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I head usually get to the showers at 9ish and never really a queue for the guys.

The women are a different story, get there early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

They have big portakabin-type things set up, I went along about 1pm on the Saturday last year and it was grand, queued for maybe 10 minutes but well worth it.

They're clean, they're hot, Nivea usually sponsor it so loads of shower gel being given out - absolutely mandatory IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Always make sure I have a shower in the mornings at EP. That and a baracuda breakfast sets you up for the day. Wouldn't feel fresh without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Would you still get in if caught? Would it just be taken off you? would they be right c**ts and bring ye to the gaurds? any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers

something burning at a really high temperature around lots of tents which are not exactly fire retardant, what the **** do you think?

Why in seven shades of **** would you want to have a flare?

If anyone set one of those off around a lot of people, I suspect a swift slapping senseless would ensue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

They wouldn't be right ***** and bring you to the guards but they might be perfectly reasonable and bring you to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

something burning at a really high temperature around lots of tents which are not exactly fire retardant, what the **** do you think?

Why in seven shades of **** would you want to have a flare?

If anyone set one of those off around a lot of people, I suspect a swift slapping senseless would ensue.

They had them at pretty much every gig I was at in Glastonbury, it's not exactly completely beyond the realms of comprehension for people to want to bring them. Not sure I'd advise it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

They had them at pretty much every gig I was at in Glastonbury, it's not exactly completely beyond the realms of comprehension for people to want to bring them. Not sure I'd advise it though.

Well they are on the official banned item list on EP's site, so they have every right to confiscate. Personally wouldn't want to be near any drunken idiots with flares.... :eek:

Snarky Snark Snark

They had them at pretty much every gig I was at in Glastonbury

Lots of people doing a really dumb thing does not make it an acceptable thing.

hot dangerous burny thing on a stick + drunk ****wits + crowds (containing kids/tents/other flamables)= danger danger
    it's not exactly completely beyond the realms of comprehension for people to want to bring them.

Only if you are a teenaged idiot, it's a music festival, not the fall of Saigon, we don't need to be showing the whirlybirds where to land in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

What campsite would you guys recommended for a couple in their late 20s early 30s was at my first one 2 years ago but we are on or own this time so where would be the friendliest not too wild but not too tame either. I'm open to all suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Flares are great. Wouldn't bring one myself, seems like a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

Showering is for the weak!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dougiex06

Is there going to be a third announcement with regards to acts? I see Coldplay haven't announced an Irish date for their farewell/ good riddance tour?......

Snarky Snark Snark

dougiex06 wrote: »
    Is there going to be a third announcement with regards to acts? I see Coldplay haven't announced an Irish date for their farewell/ good riddance tour?......

They are stateside at that point and would be eye wateringly expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Any chance of Mogwai? They've a gap in their schedule that weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Any chance of Mogwai? They've a gap in their schedule that weekend.

That would be awesome. Would it be too soon for them to come back though after 2014?

Even in the Worthy Farm T&Cs it states that you cannot bring in flares even though people still do, but because of the crowd situation at Glasto security will not be able to get to the people with the flares straight away, but they are captured on film, examples being the Underworld and LCD sets. EP is a lot smaller so security would be on to you in no time at all.

"7. Fireworks, Chinese/flying lanterns, flares, the burning of plastics, generators, glass containers, potential weapons, portable laser equipment including laser pens or any illegal or offensive items or substances are not permitted at “Worthy View” and will be confiscated. Tents and vehicles are liable to search by security staff. Any items which the organisers consider may be used in an illegal or offensive manner shall be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities onsite may be searched. Anyone resisting confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding these conditions will face eviction from the site and may be removed without notice and their ticket may be cancelled. No animals are permitted anywhere at the Festival with the exception of registered guide dogs. " All festivals have these same T&Cs even Life and Townlands festival.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/worthy-view-tcs/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

maximoose wrote: »
    I head usually get to the showers at 9ish and never really a queue for the guys.

The women are a different story, get there early!
    Showers great in the morning, but beware that they shut for a couple of hours in the afternoon to clean up, possibly between 12 and 2. Men's queue goes quickly, women's a lot slower so for the latter get there earlier as the previous poster has said. You can hire towels cheaply as well. The showers are pretty decent. And though it's cheating don't underestimate the boost it can give to a tired morning at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

Lads I didnt ask for yous to be my mammy im 26 years of age, Im not brnging any to EP, nor am i bringing any to longitude, Im bringing a few to the stone roses on saturday, all i asked was does anyone know what procedures security would follow, eg if you get caught trying to smuggle in drink all they do is take it off you and send you on, wanted to know would it be the same for this. Any answers would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Lads I didnt ask for yous to be my mammy im 26 years of age, Im not brnging any to EP, nor am i bringing any to longitude, Im bringing a few to the stone roses on saturday, all i asked was does anyone know what procedures security would follow, eg if you get caught trying to smuggle in drink all they do is take it off you and send you on, wanted to know would it be the same for this. Any answers would be appreciated

Carry it in up your hole and u won't get caught .

Snarky Snark Snark

http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/marlay_pk_public_Info_2016.pdf

BANNED ITEMS THAT SHOULD NOT BE BOUGHT INTO THE GROUNDS
    • Umbrellas, selfie sticks, flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols

You cannot bring them into any gigs, full stop.

I'd suggest that you just don't be a dick to those around you and don't do it, have a few pints/your usual and just enjoy a summers evening with the music and your mates.

(and if you have to say that you're 26 and don't need your mammy to tell you not to let fireworks off in a crowded area, perhaps you do need your mammy to tell you not to let fireworks off in a crowded area)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I got pulled up for cooking on one of those throw away barbacues.

Snarky Snark Snark

I got pulled up for cooking on one of those throw away barbacues.

Thought they were allowed, that it was just the gas powered ones which were a no no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Thought they were allowed, that it was just the gas powered ones which were a no no?

You can use them in designated BBQ area, but they don't like you using them in the campsite.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

ah, that's fair enough.

Talking about smuggling stuff (thankfully not budgies though), from the T&C for this year

f) 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the arena only once the bars onsite are closed after 1am.

Was this two cans last year or was it bumped up then too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement