Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thought they were allowed, that it was just the gas powered ones which were a no no?

Nobody said boo about the gas one..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Dundalkian wrote: »
    Lads I didnt ask for yous to be my mammy im 26 years of age, Im not brnging any to EP, nor am i bringing any to longitude, Im bringing a few to the stone roses on saturday, all i asked was does anyone know what procedures security would follow, eg if you get caught trying to smuggle in drink all they do is take it off you and send you on, wanted to know would it be the same for this. Any answers would be appreciated

Where would you hide them, assuming you're wearing your usual shorts, wifebeater vest and backwards baseball cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Where would you hide them, assuming you're wearing your usual shorts, wifebeater vest and backwards baseball cap?

Funny, but surprisingly enough i dont think il be wearing any of the above? No need to make assumptions my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Bah. Good bait wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Bah. Good bait wasted.

Keep trying bud, im sure someone will bite eventually xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Dundalkian wrote: »
    Keep trying bud, im sure someone will bite eventually xx

You asked what was the score for bringing flares to a concert and getting caught, I provided the T&Cs for Glastonbury, that is the blue print of all concerts and festivals, so your question was answered, are ya happy now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sod it, I'll give it a proper answer. He (and it could only be so, girls are rarely that ****ing dumb) wants to know the sanctions if caught.

Flares are not like trying to smuggle a naggin in, they can cause serious injuries, if you're found with one, you are at the very least going to be ****ed out of the arena with a greater than zero chance of being handed over to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I thought laser pointer dicks were the worst "look at me, look!" type of thing but flares might take it to a whole new level.

Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    I thought laser pointer dicks were the worst "look at me, look!" type of thing but flares might take it to a whole new level.

Usually accompanied by a yell of "I'm mad craic so I am"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

ah, that's fair enough.

Talking about smuggling stuff (thankfully not budgies though), from the T&C for this year

f) 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the arena only once the bars onsite are closed after 1am.

Was this two cans last year or was it bumped up then too?

1am? God that's late, did it used to be 10pm or am I imagining it

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »

was it not midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

was it not midnight?
    It used to be 10.30 ish on Friday and Sunday, and 12.30 ish on Saturday.
    This was before the bars stayed open late every night, as they have the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Anyone that brings a flare to a festival is a complete and utter tool and should be treated accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I don't know why I'm all concerned about the time...I never have any concept of it the whole weekend so tis all the one

Snarky Snark Snark

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Anyone that brings a flare to a festival is a complete and utter tool and should be treated accordingly.

He is trying to take one to the Stone Roses luckily, though I'd bet a fair few ****wits will try and get one into Stradbally also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

He is trying to take one to the Stone Roses luckily, though I'd bet a fair few ****wits will try and get one into Stradbally also.

I remember some clibeen brought one into the Little Big Tent in 2009 on Sunday night, Magnetic Man was playing a gig and they blew their bass monitor and speaker, so were struggling with the sound although they had a fair enough crowd. Mr eejit produces a flare, lit it up and stank half the place out clearing half the audience out of the LBT much to Magnetic Man's annoyance, yer man got fcuked out of the event by security.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

It used to be 10.30 ish on Friday and Sunday, and 12.30 ish on Saturday.
    This was before the bars stayed open late every night, as they have the last few years.

Managed to waltz through security at 7 last year on the saturday, two of us holding cans in both hands. Ive found it's easy to pick out the security who don't give a b*****ks and just usher you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Have to say while aware of the health & safety issues always feel pyros make for a great spectacle in the crowd at games & gigs....

*puts on tin hat*

Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah, pics of it can look cool but the danger danger danger aspect seriously outweighs that, there's a reason they're not to be let off in crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Managed to waltz through security at 7 last year on the saturday, two of us holding cans in both hands. Ive found it's easy to pick out the security who don't give a b*****ks and just usher you in.

I've had that as well, and it feels like such a win. they're the nicest cans ever, when you manage to sneak them through!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Yeah, pics of it can look cool but the danger danger danger aspect seriously outweighs that, there's a reason they're not to be let off in crowds.

Let's just make "Cocktail Cocktail" the designated flare zone. I'd be OK with compromised health and safety over there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yes this works!!! security are so focused on the usual booze hiding places they completely overlook the obvious. One guy even started patting down from my shoulder all the way down my sleeve and stopped at my wrist, but wasn't interested in the x2 unopened cans in my hands ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »
    ah, that's fair enough.

Talking about smuggling stuff (thankfully not budgies though), from the T&C for this year

f) 4 cans of beer/cider per person or soft drinks bottles (up to 500ml) are permitted to be brought into the arena only once the bars onsite are closed after 1am.

Was this two cans last year or was it bumped up then too?

No, you're right, used to be 10pm on the Sunday night in the early years (with the Garda shutting some bars 15 mins before then) and the other nights were 11pm. Sanity broke out at last a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    No, you're right, used to be 10pm on the Sunday night in the early years (with the Garda shutting some bars 15 mins before then) and the other nights were 11pm. Sanity broke out at last a couple of years ago.

Why is it sanity not to let people bring cans in before 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

OhHiMark wrote: »

Why is it sanity not to let people bring cans in before 1?
    Sanity to have late bars, not shut at 10 or 11 when music is on for several hours more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Sanity to have late bars, not shut at 10 or 11 when music is on for several hours more.

Ah yeah, fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

The female security are the worst!!! Especially if you're a female they just stop short of a bra search!!! 😱 Vac pac of gin down the bra works!😉

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Watching t in the park on bbc4 not a sinner there for lcd soundsystem

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TITP is not the type of festival that would have many LCD fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jeaaaaaasus, RHCP sounding BRUTAL!!

The first time I've see Kiedis perform with his top on! "What's the matter laddie Scotish summer too cold for ya, ya big buffty!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement