Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Next Monday, they're announcing when the last batch of (3 plus) tickets go on sale.
    I'd be expecting an announcement (of more artists) then also.

Just double checked the article I read was a year out, on the 31st of July last year they released only 50 tickets I think, hopefully it'll be a lot more than that, 3 might be trying to have a big headliner and only their customers get a chance for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

dougiex06 wrote: »
    Is there going to be a third announcement with regards to acts? I see Coldplay haven't announced an Irish date for their farewell/ good riddance tour?......

Really? You are joking aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'm still holding out for a few big acts, electric arena headliner size acts, M83 for example. I don't think EP are under any pressure to front load the big acts on the announcements as the tickets are already sold out. No need to stimulate ticket sales, they can easily hold back names and save some wow factor for each announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Has to be a load more added, Kormac isn't in the list yet and he's nearly played every picnic. Hopefully early sell out hasn't made them complacent and they think they've the line up nailed.

Is it only 50 tickets 3 are putting in sale, no chance EP will have another round of tickets with another artists named?

I reckon it will be mostly acts like Kormac as you say, maybe Ham Sandwich, Bleeding Heart Pigeons and the like.

Can't see any big/mid level names being added this late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

TBH, at this point, I just want Ms Polly Jean to pop up and scream at me for a while then sing at me to make the hurtys better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Cheers buddy, assumed they'd sold out! According to Lana Del Ray's website she's playing the Sunday, is there any chance this is incorrect? Dying to see her.

Speaking of this, anyone know any other rumours of who's playing on Sunday? Someone told me LCD have on their website that they're down for Sunday too, but they're surely more of a Saturday band.

Snarky Snark Snark

They closed out the other stage at Glastonbury on a Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ormus wrote: »
    Someone told me LCD have on their website that they're down for Sunday too, but they're surely more of a Saturday band.

Nothing on their website

http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/live-dj

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Not sure if this has been announced here yet:

"The Casa Bacardi stage at Electric Picnic is always a guaranteed party zone, and as always they have brought some big names to Stradbally for their 2016 line-up.

Some of the acts announced today who will play DJ sets over the weekend include Huxley, Hercules & Love Affair, Nicky Siano, A-Skillz and more.

There's also a healthy Irish contingent in the form of Stevie G, Kelly-Anne Byrne, Get Down Edits and more.

See below for the full announcement:

Huxley

Hercules & Love Affair

Nicky Siano

Stevie G

Horse Meat Disco

Krafty Kuts

DJ Deece

The Magician

Disco Bloodbath

A-Skillz

Kelly-Anne Byrne

Get Down Edits

Steve Manning

Groovement Soul

Ghostboy

As always, there will also be some special cocktails available at the Casa Bacardi area, including their famous mojitos and cuba libres. Bring it on"

Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »

Aye, I wouldn't pay much heed to date rumours for most of them unless they have a verifiable date elsewhere on the same weekend.

Suspect for most we are best waiting for official stage times to be announced which is going to be the week before at the earliest.

• Advertisement

From what i can make out so far we have the following info*:

Friday
    =======
    Super Furry Animals

Saturday
    =========
    Glass Animals

Sunday
    ==========
    Wolf Alice
    Lana del Rey
    New Order
    Bat for Lashes
    Local Natives

Fri or Sat: Noel Gallagher

Fri or Sun: Ezra Furman

Everyone else just has the first day of the festival listed so can't be trusted apart from Nas who seems to be playing a festival in Denver from 2-4th September!

*Could all be complete bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Why do you think Chemical Brothers and Super Furry Animals are listing the exact days they're playing while "Everyone else just has the first day of the festival listed so can't be trusted"?

Ah, i thought the Chems had another date listed for that weekend so you can disregard.

SFA have Friday listed for the Picnic, Sunday listed for Festival No. 6 in Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Synode wrote: »
    Why do you think Chemical Brothers and Super Furry Animals are listing the exact days they're playing while "Everyone else just has the first day of the festival listed so can't be trusted"?
    Super Furries have the Sunday on their site for Festival No. 6 and Friday for EP. It seems specific. Chemical Brothers less clear and I would have had them nailed on for the Saturday late slot. Though that could be for LCD which would make more sense than them following New Order on Sunday (The two seem too similar to put together?). Anyway, all speculation on my part and probably all wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Guess Nas is playing Friday then...

denver_2016_admat_SINGLEDAY_16-9-768x432@2x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

could be Saturday, Caribou did Longitude Saturday last year and somewhere in the US/Canada on the Sunday...

Snarky Snark Snark

That's not a bad line up

except for Diarrhea Planet, would give that one a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Guess Nas is playing Friday then...

denver_2016_admat_SINGLEDAY_16-9-768x432@2x.jpg

Look at all those bands that EP would never book. Converge...............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Billy Talent! Jaysis that brings me back

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

Ormus wrote: »
    Cheers buddy, assumed they'd sold out! According to Lana Del Ray's website she's playing the Sunday, is there any chance this is incorrect? Dying to see her.

Speaking of this, anyone know any other rumours of who's playing on Sunday? Someone told me LCD have on their website that they're down for Sunday too, but they're surely more of a Saturday band.

I've managed to make the following out thus far:

FRIDAY

Chemical Brothers
    Nathaniel Rateliff & Night Sweats
    The 1975
    Years & Years
    Super Furry Animals

SATURDAY

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
    Glass Animals
    DJ EZ

SUNDAY

Wolf Alice
    Animal Collective
    Local Natives
    Bat For Lashes
    New Order
    Lana Del Rey
    Toots & The Maytals
    Wild Beasts
    Phosphorescent
    Kevin Morby
    Aurora

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

No need to stimulate ticket sales, they can easily hold back names and save some wow factor for each announcement

Or hold back altogether so they can just put more money in their pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Effects wrote: »
    No need to stimulate ticket sales, they can easily hold back names and save some wow factor for each announcement

Or hold back altogether so they can just put more money in their pockets.
    Contracts will have been signed months ago, some right after last year's festival. And unless honoured will result in financial penalties. Thus no holding back on acts after selling out the fest as the bulk of the business side will have been dealt with before the tickets were gone. They also want people to buy for 2017 and selling people short will affect the next sales. More decent acts to come. Worry not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Would be surprised if New Order, Lana and LCD were all Sunday.

neilo87 wrote: »

FRIDAY

Chemical Brothers
    The 1975
    Years & Years
    Super Furry Animals

SATURDAY

Glass Animals
    DJ EZ

SUNDAY

Wolf Alice
    Animal Collective
    Local Natives
    Bat For Lashes
    New Order
    Lana Del Rey
    Toots & The Maytals
    Wild Beasts
    Phosphorescent
    Kevin Morby
    Aurora
    How?

FRIDAY

Chemical Brothers
    The 1975
    Years & Years
    Super Furry Animals

SATURDAY

Glass Animals
    DJ EZ

SUNDAY

Wolf Alice
    Animal Collective
    Local Natives
    Bat For Lashes
    New Order
    Lana Del Rey
    Toots & The Maytals
    Wild Beasts
    Phosphorescent
    Kevin Morby
    Aurora
    How?

Research and using process of elimination re tour dates.

LCD most likely Saturday with possibility of Friday.

Sunday Dayticketeers getting very good value for money IMO. I would hope the techno/house acts i want to see will be mostly bunched into Saturday's schedule. (Daniel Avery/PanthaDuPrince)

Sunday Dayticketeers getting very good value for money IMO. I would hope the techno/house acts i want to see will be mostly bunched into Saturday's schedule. (Daniel Avery/PanthaDuPrince)

Chemical Brothers have the Friday down on their website but have no other gigs listed that weekend so I'm not sure how you have them on the Friday considering how many bands just stick the first date of the festival down.

Chemical Brothers have the Friday down on their website but have no other gigs listed that weekend so I'm not sure how you have them on the Friday considering how many bands just stick the first date of the festival down.

They're specific with the day/date (Fri 02 Sept) as they are with all the festivals they have listed. Opposed to just listing 02-04th.

I get the point you're making, how can I be sure? I can't but I think its a legitimate and logical guess.

They're specific with the day/date (Fri 02 Sept) as they are with all the festivals they have listed. Opposed to just listing 02-04th.

I get the point you're making, how can I be sure? I can't but I think its a legitimate and logical guess.
    Fair enough. I didn't check their other festival listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'm not expecting anymore mega announcements but in my view we're missing calibre and in need of an announcement to flesh out the slots from 6pm to before the headliners on the main stage & to headline the main tents!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

FRIDAY

Chemical Brothers
    The 1975
    Years & Years
    Super Furry Animals

SATURDAY

Glass Animals
    DJ EZ

SUNDAY

Wolf Alice
    Animal Collective
    Local Natives
    Bat For Lashes
    New Order
    Lana Del Rey
    Toots & The Maytals
    Wild Beasts
    Phosphorescent
    Kevin Morby
    Aurora

With the Chemical Bros announced as playing Friday and New Order and LDR announed as the Sunday,Noel Gallagher will be saturday night with LCD on afterwards i the midnight to 2am slot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement