Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'm not expecting anymore mega announcements but in my view we're missing calibre and in need of an announcement to flesh out the slots from 6pm to before the headliners on the main stage & to headline the main tents!

My fear is that absolute muck acts (years&years/1975/catfish) are somehow being considered in this calibre.
    I wholly agree it needs fleshed out.
    Expecting to see a good amount of these announced next:
    Thee Oh Sees
    King Gizzard
    Julia Jacklin
    Echo & Bunnymen
    Mothers
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

neilo87 wrote: »
    I'm not expecting anymore mega announcements but in my view we're missing calibre and in need of an announcement to flesh out the slots from 6pm to before the headliners on the main stage & to headline the main tents!

My fear is that absolute muck acts (years&years/1975/catfish) are somehow being considered in this calibre.
    I wholly agree it needs fleshed out.
    Expecting to see a good amount of these announced next:
    Thee Oh Sees
    King Gizzard
    Julia Jacklin
    Echo & Bunnymen
    Mothers
    James
    Yaay to all those suggestions (including Julia Jacklin who I'd not heard of before - a great recommendation). Possibly Squeeze & Connan Mockasin also. And I'd love Teenage Fanclub but only the Fri free. Please no further muck in the next announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I need to buy a wellington boots for festival season. Where do you good folks buy a decent pair?

The only requirement is they need to be somewhat comfortable and not a cheap pair of sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

lc180 wrote: »
    I need to buy a wellington boots for festival season. Where do you good folks buy a decent pair?

The only requirement is they need to be somewhat comfortable and not a cheap pair of sh*t.

Top wellie tip, make sure the top of the wellie is wide enough to allow a can fit snugly behind your calf! Walking will hurt like hell but (depending on security) you maybe able to get x2 can in each time.

Make sure, regardless of brand, that you use insoles!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Insoles, a good pair of socks, and if you're wearing shorts, you don't wana get wellie rash ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ...on your legsies so prepare for that!

Hip flasks? WELLIE FLASKS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Top wellie tip, make sure the top of the wellie is wide enough to allow a can fit snugly behind your calf! Walking will hurt like hell but (depending on security) you maybe able to get x2 can in each time.

Make sure, regardless of brand, that you use insoles!

If by insoles you mean bags of wine, I fully agree

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Just put my deposit down on the pink moon camping for the first time. Not a great variety left - only two man's at extortionate prices & four man tipi style tents slightly better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Synode wrote: »
    If by insoles you mean bags of wine, I fully agree

Yep, Dammm autocorrect!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

Does anyone know when its annouced what days band are playing?

im going for one day this year and would love to know when the Editors are playing

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's usually announced the week before the festival. You can only buy a day ticket for Sunday or else a full weekend ticket. Full weekend tickets are sold out. Not sure about Sunday tickets but you can check on ticketmaster.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    It's usually announced the week before the festival. You can only buy a day ticket for Sunday or else a full weekend ticket. Full weekend tickets are sold out. Not sure about Sunday tickets but you can check on ticketmaster.

yes ive done 2 out of the last 3 for the weekend but just tipping down for a day this year
    will try source a ticket nearer the time

Thanks

Yeah if you look on www.toutless.com you should be able to find a ticket for normal price close to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

MS291988 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when its annouced what days band are playing?

im going for one day this year and would love to know when the Editors are playing

thanks

If you're only going for Editors, I would suggest going to Indiependence, they're headlining that

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I just noticed that on bandsintown site - under Lana Del Ray it states:

Sep 02 - Stradbally Hall, Tralee

So we can but assume they mean EP - and Laois not Tralee :) so if any of the details are correct on that site - looks like she's singing on the opening night. J

Every year people look at artists facebook pages and websites or whatever to try and figure out what day they are playing. 90% of the time the PR people just put down the first date of the festival and it turns out to be wrong.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Every year people look at artists facebook pages and websites or whatever to try and figure out what day they are playing. 90% of the time the PR people just put down the first date of the festival and it turns out to be wrong.

Yeah editors play in Italy on the 2nd which is a Friday so i think they might be on the Sunday of EP

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Judes wrote: »
    I just noticed that on bandsintown site - under Lana Del Ray it states:

Sep 02 - Stradbally Hall, Tralee

So we can but assume they mean EP - and Laois not Tralee :) so if any of the details are correct on that site - looks like she's singing on the opening night. J
    Lana's date is one of the easier ones as she specifically has 4 Sep on her website which is the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Does anyone know the details of the three sale on Monday? I'm going to The National Sunday night and don't want to miss it.

They said they'd announce it July 18th so perhaps the 'sale' will be a later date again??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It's my first time going. I'm looking forward to it. What's the story with food? How expensive is the food at the stands? Worth heading elsewhere or bringing something yourself?

It's my first time going. I'm looking forward to it. What's the story with food? How expensive is the food at the stands? Worth heading elsewhere or bringing something yourself?

Allow 10 for a hearty wholesome feed. 6-8 for a burger etc. 50 for food does me rightly.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the details of the three sale on Monday? I'm going to The National Sunday night and don't want to miss it.

They said they'd announce it July 18th so perhaps the 'sale' will be a later date again??

Don't know sorry but going by that date I'm now fully expecting a final announcement next week with a lot of crossover from Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

It is deffo worth bringing some snackage with you. You can deffo bring stuff to get you through friday. That will save you a few bob.

It is deffo worth bringing some snackage with you. You can deffo bring stuff to get you through friday. That will save you a few bob.
    I always bring something so I have it when I get up in the morning. Then I eat once more mid evening. Then the obligatory snack before bed if you happen to pass somewhere on the way back to the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Hoping for another grime artist to go along with Kano.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Would Noel be likely Saturday? Would love him to be Sunday so that 1 day tickets could be purchased. Alot of meh acts over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Food is actually one of the things I look forward to about EP - lots of fantastic food trucks that you wouldn't normally see at many festivals, and lots of nice healthy stuff in the B+S area too if that's your thing.

guylikeme wrote: »
    Would Noel be likely Saturday? Would love him to be Sunday so that 1 day tickets could be purchased. Alot of meh acts over the weekend.

He's down to play in Wales on the Sunday so it looks like Friday or Saturday and you're out of luck.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

siblers wrote: »
    New Jamie T song..please play EP, Jamie

Although. Not sure how I feel about that song though :pac:

He just announced a headline show in september

guylikeme wrote: »

With himself the prime example. He's in Wales Friday and Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Kinara Kitchen is one of the best food stalls there. They usually sell out fast so going on the Friday evening is a must!

I bring breakfast type snacks that will last the weekend such as cereal bars, smoothies, nuts/fruit lucozade and some snacky stuff like chocolate, crisps biscuits and then a sandwich/wrap that will keep me going on the Friday after tent stuff with a celebratory beer.

The food at ep is one of the best parts. The pies, the Indians and the burger places oh baby. €10 is good for food in the evening and a few extra dollaredoos for whatever else you might like in between. If you don't spend money on pissypants pints or overpriced icy cocktails, you can really keep your costs down and enjoy the delicious food on offer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement