Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The only thing foodwise I miss is the big smoothie and milkshake bus that has been at the Body and Soul festival. One of their breakfast milkshakes absolutely saved my life last year.

Also I miss Peacocktails and their Bourbon Brittles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

So does anyone else think we'll have the pleasure of seeing Die Antwoord play this year?
    They're in Reading a few days before and there's nothing else on their European tour before they head off Stateside towards the end of September.

I would really like to see them...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

-=al=- wrote: »
    Kinara Kitchen is one of the best food stalls there. They usually sell out fast so going on the Friday evening is a must!

I bring breakfast type snacks that will last the weekend such as cereal bars, smoothies, nuts/fruit lucozade and some snacky stuff like chocolate, crisps biscuits and then a sandwich/wrap that will keep me going on the Friday after tent stuff with a celebratory beer.

The food at ep is one of the best parts. The pies, the Indians and the burger places oh baby. €10 is good for food in the evening and a few extra dollaredoos for whatever else you might like in between. If you don't spend money on pissypants pints or overpriced icy cocktails, you can really keep your costs down and enjoy the delicious food on offer

KrFYGdM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Kinara Kitchen is one of the best food stalls there. They usually sell out fast so going on the Friday evening is a must!

I bring breakfast type snacks that will last the weekend such as cereal bars, smoothies, nuts/fruit lucozade and some snacky stuff like chocolate, crisps biscuits and then a sandwich/wrap that will keep me going on the Friday after tent stuff with a celebratory beer.

The food at ep is one of the best parts. The pies, the Indians and the burger places oh baby. €10 is good for food in the evening and a few extra dollaredoos for whatever else you might like in between. If you don't spend money on pissypants pints or overpriced icy cocktails, you can really keep your costs down and enjoy the delicious food on offer

I read the rest of this sentence in an Australian accent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

H3ueITY.jpg

She'll be right mate, you little ripper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Hoping for another grime artist to go along with Kano.

Little Simz is playing as well, Kano features on one of her songs so I'm hoping they'll do the collaboration if he's on straight after her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I wish Kano was instead the 80s Italo disco band.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

IBrows89 wrote: »
    Little Simz is playing as well, Kano features on one of her songs so I'm hoping they'll do the collaboration if he's on straight after her.

Is that your one from Pitlochry in Scotland?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    I wish Kano was instead the 80s Italo disco band.

The only 80s Kano that matters

61vfhNGvxjL._AC_UL320_SR232,320_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

The food at ep is one of the best parts. The pies, the Indians and the burger places oh baby. 10 is good for food in the evening and a few extra dollaredoos for whatever else you might like in between. If you don't spend money on pissypants pints or overpriced icy cocktails, you can really keep your costs down and enjoy the delicious food on offer
    Kinara Kitchen is pretty fab (and usually bags the food awards at EP) but not much for non-meat eaters. Saba worth a look, Rathmullan House excellent (though expensive. Check out their seafood chowder & crab linguini) and there's another great Thai food stall close by. All of those are usually situated near the Mindfield and that for me is the best food area.
    There's also a pizza bus in the Hendrix site that's open til 3/4am that's worth checking out.

Happy eating folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yaay to all those suggestions (including Julia Jacklin who I'd not heard of before - a great recommendation). Possibly Squeeze & Connan Mockasin also. And I'd love Teenage Fanclub but only the Fri free. Please no further muck in the next announcement.

Julia Jacklin is already on the line up, she's on Other Voices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Perfect EP size gap in Air's tour shedule!!

What are the chances??

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Brian Wilson is playing at a festival in Brighton the same weekend as EP. Do you reckon there's a chance he could be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Perfect EP size gap in Air's tour shedule!!

What are the chances??

T'would be nice, a sub headline at least.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

dmm82 wrote: »
    Brian Wilson is playing at a festival in Brighton the same weekend as EP. Do you reckon there's a chance he could be announced?

Doubtful. He's playing dates on the1st, 3rd and 4th, four days on the trot would be a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Are avalanches a possibility?
    there are some great songs on the new album

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Full LCD gig from Primavera Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »
    Full LCD gig from Primavera Sound

"Why thank you" mr Yaker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I saw a gig today oh boy.
    LCD astonishing in Victoria Park in East London. Even with the sound turned a bit down they utterly nailed it. I'm a fan, and biased but this was the best set I've heard all year. Maybe it was the beer, or the excitement of the return, but they seemed better and more confident than six years ago. JM was also happier not to be playing to 400 people after the T in the Park debacle and they seemed to be getting a huge buzz from it. They were stupendous and will be even more so in September. They don't have bad shows, but in truth every gig they do is a rehearsal for their homecoming in Stradbally in seven weeks. Love 'em or not EP 2016 will be theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Judes wrote: »
    I just noticed that on bandsintown site - under Lana Del Ray it states:

Sep 02 - Stradbally Hall, Tralee

So we can but assume they mean EP - and Laois not Tralee :) so if any of the details are correct on that site - looks like she's singing on the opening night. J

I'd rather go off her website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

guylikeme wrote: »
    Would Noel be likely Saturday? Would love him to be Sunday so that 1 day tickets could be purchased. Alot of meh acts over the weekend.

He's Saturday. Playing other gigs Friday and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

So we're expecting some sort of announcement this week then?

Possibly 2 with B&S announcing their lineup too?

Snarky Snark Snark

There must be something due soon alright, we've no comedy tent details and the mid range is a little sparse

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bt12

whats the chance of bloc party

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

bt12 wrote: »
    whats the chance of bloc party

a maybe but their schedule looks like there on 2 weeks holidays at EP time.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There is a little over 6 weeks to EP and the following still to be announced

Comedy
    Trailer Park
    Salty Dog
    Jerry Fish
    Mindfields
    Body & Soul
    Red Bull (New Stage + Forrest)
    Final Main Lineup Announcement

It's going to be a busy few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Rfrip wrote: »
    Are avalanches a possibility?