Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

How long after Longitude is the final EP announcement usually? I'm not going, just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

How long after Longitude is the final EP announcement usually? I'm not going, just curious!

Probably this week some time going by previous years, their last announcement was just before Forbidden Fruit kicked off.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

3plus is an awful website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Longitude 2015 was the 17th, 18th and 19th, and the EP announcement was the 24th (the following Friday).

It wasn't exactly a cracking one either, though. Boomtown Rats, Le Galaxie and Villagers were the biggest names from it. A lot of Irish acts included. (not that they aren't worth going to, just that they are expected each year!!)

Comedy stage followed about a week after.

But, that said, EP haven't stuck to their usual release schedule this year so it may be a few weeks out but, as was pointed out on the last page, there's about 6 weeks to go and you'd reckon about 5 or 6 announcements to come, so we should really see about one a week. Or, possibly, one massive dump of acts, comedians, spoken word, etc., but it's not something they've ever done before as far as I remember.

Suede playing Galway 23rd July at the Big Top for the Arts festival, could they be added to the next EP announcement I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They would be perfect, didn't know about Galway but that would make it 3 shows for them here this year if added, which is a little unlikely.

They would be perfect, didn't know about Galway but that would make it 3 shows for them here this year if added, which is a little unlikely.

The reason I mention them is they've just released an new album and they have been out of action for quite a while before this tour, they are quite plausible as a sub headline spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I'd love to see it but i don't think they'll be announcing artists of that size this late.

Would love to be proven wrong though, saw them a few years ago in the Olympia and they were brilliant.

Snarky Snark Snark

I dunno, I think they could, Suede (who are ****ing wonderful) are sub headliners and I think they're missing a couple of that class of act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Having caught Christine & the Queens at longitude it would be great to see her added to Ep! She was fantastic and a absolute charmer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

bt12 wrote: »
    whats the chance of bloc party

I have it from a band member that they will not play Ireland this summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Has anyone bought or sold combined EP & pink moon camping tickets from any sites like toutless,adverts etc.

Looks like I might need to sell mine, but want to sell both sets instead of selling the EP tickets and then trying to flog pink moon ones.

Anyone had to sell like this before, or anyone have an idea what the demand might be for buying combinded set. Would be hoping to get full value back on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Al70 wrote: »
    I have it from a band member that they will not play Ireland this summer :(

Technically September is Autumn. This loophole is known as the Radiohead clause.

Snarky Snark Snark

LowOdour wrote: »
    Has anyone bought or sold combined EP & pink moon camping tickets from any sites like toutless,adverts etc.

You'd probably want to e-mail Pink Moon when the deed is done to change the name on the booking so that there's no shocks for the people you sell the tent to.

Looks like I might need to sell mine, but want to sell both sets instead of selling the EP tickets and then trying to flog pink moon ones.

Anyone had to sell like this before, or anyone have an idea what the demand might be for buying combinded set. Would be hoping to get full value back on them.

I think it would be fairly straightforward to sell them as a package alright. I've definitely seen people do it on Toutless.

However, if you fail to sell together, I do have a friend who's looking for a ticket!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭RustyP

I got a presale code for picnic tickets from 3. I've got mine already so first to pm me can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭the_gommes

RustyP wrote: »
    I got a presale code for picnic tickets from 3. I've got mine already so first to pm me can have it.

PM sent.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I have a code. If anyone needs it send a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

maximoose wrote: »
    Just got the text from Three about the ticket sale, on sale at 9am 25/07
    They replied to someone on Twitter that it's limited to 4 per person.
    Maybe 3 got a decent chunk of tickets this year if a single person can buy 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

do they have any campervan tickets ... ???

I have no campervan ticket and the prices knocking around donedeal are unreal .. 250 quid for an 80 quid ticket... !!! tbf 80 quid to park in a field with no facilities is a bit steep in itself. Last year the toilet drops were full by Saturday lunchtime and not emptied for the rest of the weekend .. thats literally crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I have no campervan ticket and the prices knocking around donedeal are unreal .. 250 quid for an 80 quid ticket... !!! tbf 80 quid to park in a field with no facilities is a bit steep in itself. Last year the toilet drops were full by Saturday lunchtime and not emptied for the rest of the weekend .. thats literally crap!
    EP replied to people asking on Facebook to say that no campervan tickets with this sale. It's not much help to you now but they often come online at face value in the fortnight before the fest.

The latest post on Toutless is someone looking to buy pink moon camping...leaving you free to sell me one of your tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

It amazes me why they can't add another field for campers! They're so far away from the main arena it's not like they're restricted for space!!

As far as I remember you don't need to have a weekend ticket to get a camper ticket (2015)!!! Bizarre! any Joe soap tout can buy a camper ticket on its own Or you may find ppl genuinely bought the camper ticket first and didn't end up getting a weekend ticket, now realise they can make a quick buck!

There should be a special weekend + camper ticket for the driver, or force ppl to put in the serial number of the weekend ticket before being allowed to buy camper tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    EP replied to people asking on Facebook to say that no campervan tickets with this sale. It's not much help now but they often come online at face value in the fortnight before the fest.

Park in the car park.its just as close to the entrance as the camper van site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Fatfrog wrote: »
    It amazes me why they can't add another field for campers! They're so far away from the main arena it's not like they're restricted for space!!

They don't own the surrounding land so of course they're restricted for space. That's all agricultural land around there and I assume they have lease agreements with individual farmers. Perhaps they can't hire more land, or there's some other simple reason for not adding another field. They can't just pull land out of fresh air. I know you all spend one weekend a year in Stradbally but farming life does actually continue in your absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Pickpocket wrote: »
    They don't own the surrounding land so of course they're restricted for space. That's all agricultural land around there and I assume they have lease agreements with individual farmers. Perhaps they can't hire more land, or there's some other simple reason for not adding another field. They can't just pull land out of fresh air. I know you all spend one weekend a year in Stradbally but farming life does actually continue in your absence.

Ha ha thanks for your insight! forgive me I'm only x2 weeks old, still allot to learn ;)

I don't see what farming has to do with this?
    + aren't you farmers always crying about money how does €40 per plot sound!! You could easily sell another 100 camper vans 4K for the weekend, little or no impact to the field.

My point is there are huge wasted areas at the EP that they clearly already control, from the field before the wrist band exchange, another large field to the right and left of the wristband, small car park near bus stop etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ha ha thanks for your insight! forgive me I'm only x2 weeks old, still allot to learn ;)

I don't see what farming has to do with this?
    + aren't you farmers always crying about money how does €40 per plot sound!! You could easily sell another 100 camper vans 4K for the weekend, little or no impact to the field.

My point is there are huge wasted areas at the EP that they clearly already control, from the field before the wrist band exchange, another large field to the right and left of the wristband, small car park near bus stop etc etc.

I'm not a farmer. I've never stepped foot on a farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Thanks for the responses re: campervan tickets. Was just talking with my better half here and she says "I'm not going, end of story" .. so now I have 2 weekend tickets and no campervan ticket. As it stands I'm in a tent with some campervanner mates. Its a long time since i did a tent, but at least I have a lift in with all me gear, so an air mattress is on the cards.

The car park would work for me, but am not sure if they will let me park the van in there... Has anyone on here ever done that?

"two weeks before at face value" will definitely work for me :) and the darling missus will reluctantly tag along in case she misses 2016's John Grant (she's in love since 2014.. or was it 2013?).., who is 2016's John Grant? Father John Misty isn't booked.

I remember last year that some extra campervan tickets went on sale about this time of year. I have a look on ticketmustard every few days.

Thanks for the responses re: campervan tickets. Was just talking with my better half here and she says "I'm not going, end of story" .. so now I have 2 weekend tickets and no campervan ticket. As it stands I'm in a tent with some campervanner mates. Its a long time since i did a tent, but at least I have a lift in with all me gear, so an air mattress is on the cards.

The car park would work for me, but am not sure if they will let me park the van in there... Has anyone on here ever done that?

"two weeks before at face value" will definitely work for me :) and the darling missus will reluctantly tag along in case she misses 2016's John Grant (she's in love since 2014.. or was it 2013?).., who is 2016's John Grant? Father John Misty isn't booked.

I remember last year that some extra campervan tickets went on sale about this time of year. I have a look on ticketmustard every few days.

You should be OK in the car park, my mate parked his camper at the car park in Townlands Carnival and it was no problem with him staying there, quite a lot of people were doing that there, I can imagine its much the same at EP just a bit of a walk I suppose. He done that at Body & Soul in 2014 too, he thought the campervan ticket price for Townlands was ridiculous at 50 Euro with no electric hook up and it worked out better for him, the car park was in decent nick after all the rain whilst the campervan site was a mucky quagmire. 80 Euro is a bit steep for an non electric hook up campervan site ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

and the darling missus will reluctantly tag along in case she misses 2016's John Grant (she's in love since 2014.. or was it 2013?).., who is 2016's John Grant? Father John Misty isn't booked.
    Ezra Furman could appeal to her, though not in the same class as the two mentioned. Supposedly brilliant live. He'll definitely leave an impression.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement