Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Ezra Furman, a potential star in Sept?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvfI6Q5WFT0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

..she says "I'm not going, end of story" .. so now I have 2 weekend tickets....

So..... You say this like its a bad thing.....

Explains pleases....

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Whitney's album is a quality listen. Go perfect with some sun during the day.

Also it's a pity Broken Bells aren't here instead of The Shins.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Lemsiper wrote:

It really is a lovely little ditty of an album

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Was going to book pink moon camping but now all booked out. Does anyone know if you can get into other campsites if you're camped elsewhere? Or if there is still a way of booking it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

oraghabd wrote: »
    Was going to book pink moon camping but now all booked out. Does anyone know if you can get into other campsites if you're camped elsewhere? Or if there is still a way of booking it?

You can't get in to the likes of Pink Moon etc unless you are booked in as they give you a wristband and they are very strict about people getting in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Replacement for Red Bull?

The Generator in the Woods
    There is something strange and mysterious happening down in the woods. Concealed among the trees are the remains of an abandoned and forgotten city left over from a time unfamiliar.

Incredibly these broken and somewhat dilapidated buildings looming menacing amongst the trees are not completely deserted. Hidden and lurking amongst the shadows the remaining inhabitants of a forgotten race are busy, secretly running and maintaining what can only be described as a huge "power generating machine".

Its primitive but ingenious pistons are skilfully engineered from recycled materials, everyday objects discarded from previous generations, salvaged and adapted to turn cogs, pull levers and drive belts, which all connect to other strange mechanical apparatus. Steam hisses and blows out of exposed holes and cracks as the whole mechanism grinds methodically.

What fuels this mysterious machine and even its purpose is yet unknown. Known only to the secret society that operates it. But what is clear is that, whatever its purpose, it seems to have a hypnotic effect on the people of the 21st century, drawing them in from afar to dance to the power.

Enter Anachronica the mesmerising beat in the forest that promises to entertain Picnickers when the lights have dimmed in the main arena until the early hours. Each night once the pistons have cranked into action the music will pulsate and pull picnickers into the forest all weekend from 10pm.

Friday 2nd September will see All City Records Presents kick proceedings off with Subject Dublin's Lee Kelly, Daire and Sonel and Frank B on their stellar line up.

Saturday night will see District 8 Presents taking over the decks. District 8 is a pop-up club night who often run gigs in the Tivoli Theatre on Francis St, Dublin 8. Operating for just a few months throughout the year, the space has hosted world renowned DJs and live performances since 2014. Catch their line-up of Cailin, Aeron and Rift B2B and Nathan Jones keeping Picnickers dancing until the small hours.

Cork favourites Sunday Times Presents will wrap up Electric Picnic 2016 on Sunday with Gilbert Steele, Kenny Hanlon and Sunday Times DJs. Sunday Times have the people of Cork dancing their socks off once a month for close to 7 years now and occasionally bring their beats on tour to festivals so make sure you catch them this September!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

on facebook "This is the new stage which will be replacing it but following the same music style."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Ezra Furman, a potential star in Sept?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvfI6Q5WFT0

Yeah he's got 3 excellent albums with the Harpoons, and some very good stuff on his last 2 solo albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Replacement for Red Bull?

The Generator in the Woods
    There is something strange and mysterious happening down in the woods. Concealed among the trees are the remains of an abandoned and forgotten city left over from a time unfamiliar.

Incredibly these broken and somewhat dilapidated buildings looming menacing amongst the trees are not completely deserted. Hidden and lurking amongst the shadows the remaining inhabitants of a forgotten race are busy, secretly running and maintaining what can only be described as a huge "power generating machine".

Its primitive but ingenious pistons are skilfully engineered from recycled materials, everyday objects discarded from previous generations, salvaged and adapted to turn cogs, pull levers and drive belts, which all connect to other strange mechanical apparatus. Steam hisses and blows out of exposed holes and cracks as the whole mechanism grinds methodically.

What fuels this mysterious machine and even its purpose is yet unknown. Known only to the secret society that operates it. But what is clear is that, whatever its purpose, it seems to have a hypnotic effect on the people of the 21st century, drawing them in from afar to dance to the power.

Enter Anachronica the mesmerising beat in the forest that promises to entertain Picnickers when the lights have dimmed in the main arena until the early hours. Each night once the pistons have cranked into action the music will pulsate and pull picnickers into the forest all weekend from 10pm.

Friday 2nd September will see All City Records Presents kick proceedings off with Subject Dublin's Lee Kelly, Daire and Sonel and Frank B on their stellar line up.

Saturday night will see District 8 Presents taking over the decks. District 8 is a pop-up club night who often run gigs in the Tivoli Theatre on Francis St, Dublin 8. Operating for just a few months throughout the year, the space has hosted world renowned DJs and live performances since 2014. Catch their line-up of Cailin, Aeron and Rift B2B and Nathan Jones keeping Picnickers dancing until the small hours.

Cork favourites Sunday Times Presents will wrap up Electric Picnic 2016 on Sunday with Gilbert Steele, Kenny Hanlon and Sunday Times DJs. Sunday Times have the people of Cork dancing their socks off once a month for close to 7 years now and occasionally bring their beats on tour to festivals so make sure you catch them this September!

Sounds like that Tommorowland pap you hear when you watch the after movie nonsense.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

as much as they try to dress it up it still sounds pretty meh, and the name is atrocious. local DJs on the cheap means they don't have to shell out for international DJs I suppose.

hopefully this supposed new Red Bull area in the arena will have some decent international DJs rather than just be another tacky sh1thole in the arena to sell stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The fools on facebook will never be happy. Without fail, they're out with the usual 'disgusted' / 'worst line-up ever' nonsense.

For €165, we've a decent line-up already, which will be improved on and fleshed out over the next 4 weeks.
    There'll be some sort of an announcement every week, from now till EP.
    I love this part of it, where the line-up takes shape, and the excitement ramps up!!
    6 and a bit weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well i've been to a few past Picnics myself, and while i'll say that this line up is'nt bad, i think in comparison to previous festival headliners and secondary acts, it slight wanes a bit, but a sold out festival cant be bad i guess.
    Should be interesting over the next few weeks what other acts/artists will be announced and no I wont be mentioning an obvious act bounded around boards begging with the letter "R" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

hope All Tvvins are announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The Generator in The Woods spiel is nonsense, but the idea of making it all locals is what I wanted, and I think it'll be much more craic. Big name DJs are fine and all, but I think they don't get enough time in a short set to really build something. Giving entire nights over to collectives could mean a really fantastic progression.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Giving the woods over to irish clubs / DJ's is a great move. There is plenty of local talent that deserves a platform like this. International DJ's in my experience can be over-hyped and can in many cases disappoint. There are enough platforms at EP for international acts, so having the salty dog, other voices etc and now the woods to promote local talent can only be a positive move. Red Bull will announce big names no doubt.

MJohnston wrote: »
    The Generator in The Woods spiel is nonsense, but the idea of making it all locals is what I wanted, and I think it'll be much more craic. Big name DJs are fine and all, but I think they don't get enough time in a short set to really build something. Giving entire nights over to collectives could mean a really fantastic progression.
    not much of a progression when that's the way it was for years before Red Bull came onboard.
    can see those DJs basically every week or 2 throughout the year so it's pretty poor IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

not much of a progression when that's the way it was for years before Red Bull came onboard.
    can see those DJs basically every week or 2 throughout the year so it's pretty poor IMO.

It wasn't that way though was it, for years it was Psytrance and the music was awful. The year before RBMA took over they changed the music policy to a more Techno/Tech House sound and brought DJ's in to fit that policy. Now they are handing the area over to these irish club nights and their resident DJ's so one can only assume each night will fit with that clubs respective music policy.

no, they gave it to local collectives just like they've done now. T3 and Bodytonic were 2 that I remember specifically, Barry Redsetta and Nic James closed the Bodytonic night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Can you imagine the drunken directions, instead of rave in the woods it will be, "..... Do you know where.. Anark.... Ankr.... Aranakphobia is" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I didn't mean progression year-to-year, I just meant progression over the course of a night.

Those Bodytonic tent nights were fantastic craic imo anyway, and the local DJs were the best bit of Body and Soul last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Lemsiper wrote: »
    It really is a lovely little ditty of an album

yeah it's a great album. that's what EP needs wayyyy more of this year that it had every other year. these under the radar under-card acts that they stick on in the cosby tent around 5 or 6 saturday or sunday. look at past EP timetables and they've got great stuff on the undercard, acts that usually blowup a few years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

I've gone through all the artists' websites and I've ignored where there was any doubt (usually where it says Friday) and this is what I've come up with.

Friday
    Holly Macve

Saturday
    DJ Ez
    Glass Animals
    Whitney
    Dr. Dog
    Le Galaxie
    Noel Gallagher

Sunday
    Bat For Lashes
    Wolf Alice
    Margaret Glaspy
    New Order
    Aurora
    Kevin Morby
    Lana Del Rey
    Local Natives
    Mount Kimbie (DJ set by the way)
    Toots & The Maytals
    Basia Bulat
    Wild Beasts

Short enough on detail but I'd be very disappointed if any of these were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Haim have cancelled their European tour to concentrate on recording their new album apparently.

Snarky Snark Snark

Feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Disappointing

That's really ****ty, '...we're still recording so we're gonna cancel x8 shows!!" FFS pretty unprofessional!

http://nialler9.com/haim-just-cancelled-european-festival-shows-including-electric-picnic/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Fatfrog wrote: »
    That's really ****ty, '...we're still recording so we're gonna cancel x8 shows!!" FFS pretty unprofessional!

http://nialler9.com/haim-just-cancelled-european-festival-shows-including-electric-picnic/

Not really bothered about them as a band but missing out on bass face is woefully disappointing.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Not really bothered about them as a band but missing out on bass face is woefully disappointing.

Would completely put me off going to see them if they ever came back.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

So with them dropping out...

can we have radiohead now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement