Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Does anyone know what kind of dance music these different local acts running each night do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Does anyone know what kind of dance music these different local acts running each night do ?

Dancey dance music.

A bit like this

https://www.facebook.com/pressplaymelbourne/videos/1145652685468471/

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Synode wrote: »

Sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Missing from the description above is the fact that this "new" stage seems to be some sort of steampunk-like installation
    Anachronica is designed by David Summary's 'The Inevitable Salvagers'. They create art installations that are designed to shock and provoke the imagination, as well as opening the mind to view the world in fresh and less restricted ways.

from: http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/anachronica-generator-woods

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Want to buy a pink moon ticket online but want to verify it before I send the money. Any tips? How do I make sure I'm not being scammed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Does anyone have a 3 plus code, I need to top up my 3 dongle in order to receive a text from 3 plus, but because I'm on Virgin Media wi fi I have to resort to phoning a 3 operator as I can't enable dongle to go online to buy an add on. If anyone has a code, pm me.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

oraghabd wrote: »
    Want to buy a pink moon ticket online but want to verify it before I send the money. Any tips? How do I make sure I'm not being scammed?

You dont buy a ticket as such. You pay for a tent In it
    What exactly are you buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Well i've been to a few past Picnics myself, and while i'll say that this line up is'nt bad, i think in comparison to previous festival headliners and secondary acts, it slight wanes a bit, but a sold out festival cant be bad i guess.
    Should be interesting over the next few weeks what other acts/artists will be announced and no I wont be mentioning an obvious act bounded around boards begging with the letter "R" :pac:
    To be honest I'm ecstatic that the Picnic didn't go bankrupt at the start of this decade. Having it still here for us every September is enough for me and once I have five or six solid acts then it fulfills my requirements. I think that this year has at least a dozen excellent acts for me and I'll have a great weekend. There's more dross than usual (I'm talking about you Years & Years, !975, Catfish, Gavin James & a few more) and there are some gaps in quality that may not be filled (particularly now the capacity is 55,000 and the associated spending power of FR should lead to more depth for the sub-headliners). But to see the return of LCD and acts like Lana Del Rey, Shins, Whitney, Ezra Furman & Animal Collective that I've never seen means I'm happy out.

And can we have another heatwave that weekend please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    That's really ****ty, '...we're still recording so we're gonna cancel x8 shows!!" FFS pretty unprofessional!

http://nialler9.com/haim-just-cancelled-european-festival-shows-including-electric-picnic/

Not really bothered about them as a band but missing out on bass face is woefully disappointing.
    Seen them once and distinctly unimpressed. Was willing to give them another try at EP, not bothered they're not playing but that's pretty shoddy behaviour. I'd have guessed that it's pretty easy to take a three/four week break from recording to honour commitments?

andreac wrote: »
    You dont buy a ticket as such. You pay for a tent In it
    What exactly are you buying?

Thanks Andreac

This person says they have booked a tent at pink moon and I want to pay them for the booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks Andreac

This person says they have booked a tent at pink moon and I want to pay them for the booking.

Ok..well that would make sense
    But they would need to change the name to yours on the booking. I would only do it if you can really trust them. Nothing to stop them changing it back to theirs once they get the money off you. So just be careful I suppose.

andreac wrote: »
    Ok..well that would make sense
    But they would need to change the name to yours on the booking. I would only do it if you can really trust them. Nothing to stop them changing it back to theirs once they get the money off you. So just be careful I suppose.

Yeah, I was thinking if the cc'd me when telling pink moon to change my booking.

Not sure what else I can do really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yeah, I was thinking if the cc'd me when telling pink moon to change my booking.

Not sure what else I can do really.

To be honest, I'd be asking to complete the transaction in person, as it at least would put off most scammers and provide you a bit of reassurance

MJohnston wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd be asking to complete the transaction in person, as it at least would put off most scammers and provide you a bit of reassurance

I know. Problem is I'm from Dublin and they're from Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Can you ask for the pink moon login details to change it yourself into your name and potentially change password so the original owner can't change it back on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Can you ask for the pink moon login details to change it yourself into your name and potentially change password so the original owner can't change it back on you?

I'd say that's a Nono as their payment / contact info is stored in their account

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Spudgunn

Well, Firstly you don't actually get a Pink Moon "ticket". its just email confirmation. If this is what you receive, make sure its fully paid as you only have to complete payment in 2 weeks time.

neilo87 wrote: »
    I've managed to make the following out thus far:

FRIDAY

Chemical Brothers
    Nathaniel Rateliff & Night Sweats
    The 1975
    Years & Years
    Super Furry Animals

SATURDAY

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
    Glass Animals
    DJ EZ

SUNDAY

Wolf Alice
    Animal Collective
    Local Natives
    Bat For Lashes
    New Order
    Lana Del Rey
    Toots & The Maytals
    Wild Beasts
    Phosphorescent
    Kevin Morby
    Aurora

Blossoms are playing the Sunday.

I've managed to make the following out thus far:

FRIDAY

Chemical Brothers
    Nathaniel Rateliff & Night Sweats
    The 1975
    Years & Years
    Super Furry Animals

SATURDAY

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
    Glass Animals
    DJ EZ

SUNDAY

Wolf Alice
    Animal Collective
    Local Natives
    Bat For Lashes
    New Order
    Lana Del Rey
    Toots & The Maytals
    Wild Beasts
    Phosphorescent
    Kevin Morby
    Aurora

Blossoms are playing the Sunday too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Are they likely to try and replace HAIM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Spudgunn wrote: »
    Blossoms are playing the Sunday too

Really? Neither their Facebook page nor their website confirm a specific date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'd say that's a Nono as their payment / contact info is stored in their account

Payment info is not. Well, at least mine isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

AdamD wrote: »
    Are they likely to try and replace HAIM?

well there's still more acts to announce, but they'll mostly/all be booked for quite a while at this stage.
    they're very unlikely to get in another act specifically to replace them, especially an international act who will have travel/accom plans booked a long time ago.

most likely they'll just bump up the act that was to play before them, and fill in the gap further down the card as it's easy/cheaper to book those acts.

Really? Neither their Facebook page nor their website confirm a specific date.
    Met the lads and their manager after The Last Shadow Puppets gig and he was able to tell us definitely the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Does anyone have any idea how many tickets 3Plus are likely to release?

I have a code, should it be easy to get one on Monday morning?

Spudgunn wrote: »
    Met the lads and their manager after The Last Shadow Puppets gig and he was able to tell us definitely the Sunday.

Cool. Will update my pointless list.:p

Cool. Will update my pointless list.:p
    :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Any chance of PJ Harvey or Cate Le Bon being added?
    I'd imagine PJ is a long shot at this stage, but the new album is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

I've gone through all the artists' websites and I've ignored where there was any doubt (usually where it says Friday) and this is what I've come up with.

Friday
    Holly Macve

Saturday
    DJ Ez
    Glass Animals
    Whitney
    Dr. Dog
    Le Galaxie
    Noel Gallagher

Sunday
    Bat For Lashes
    Wolf Alice
    Margaret Glaspy
    New Order
    Aurora
    Kevin Morby
    Lana Del Rey
    Local Natives
    Mount Kimbie (DJ set by the way)
    Toots & The Maytals
    Basia Bulat
    Wild Beasts

Short enough on detail but I'd be very disappointed if any of these were wrong.

Animal Collective and Phosphorescent are Sunday also.

• Advertisement

Animal Collective and Phosphorescent are Sunday also.

Source?

AC have all three dates on their facebook page and Phosphorescent just have the Friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement