Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how many tickets 3Plus are likely to release?

I have a code, should it be easy to get one on Monday morning?

Apparently it's only something ridiculous like 50, it'll be mayhem a pure lottery imo.
    It's a pure publicity stunt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Apparently it's only something ridiculous like 50, it'll be mayhem a pure lottery imo.
    It's a pure publicity stunt

So code doesn't get you a ticket at 9? Just a chance to cuss at the ticketmaster website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

There was only 50 tickets last year, no number has been mentioned this year as far as I know.

The fact that it's 4 per person compared to 1 per person last year suggests it might be more.

And no, the code doesn't guarantee anything. Expect it to be a ticketmaster shîtshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Yeah that's what I was hoping that it is now 4 per person might mean there is a lot more on sale compared to last year.

Will live and hope Monday morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

neilo87 wrote: »
    Animal Collective and Phosphorescent are Sunday also.

Source?

AC have all three dates on their facebook page and Phosphorescent just have the Friday.

A quick glance at End if Road Fest's Poster confirms them both for Friday while Animal Collective play Liverpool and Phosphorescent Birmingham the Saturday.

Kevin Morby isn't the Sunday after all though. Think I'll just wait on announcement ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

A quick glance at End if Road Fest's Poster confirms them both for Friday while Animal Collective play Liverpool and Phosphorescent Birmingham the Saturday.

Kevin Morby isn't the Sunday after all though. Think I'll just wait on announcement ha.
    Kevin Morby has the 4th down on his Facebook page for Electric Picnic. He's playing in Brighton on the Friday.

I see what you're saying regarding the other two. Very good.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Posted this yesterday so no harm doing it again today. Does anyone have a 3 plus code, I need to top up my 3 dongle in order to receive a text from 3 plus, but because I'm on Virgin Media wi fi I have to resort to phoning a 3 operator as I can't enable dongle to go online to buy an add on. If anyone has a code, pm me.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Posted this yesterday so no harm doing it again today. Does anyone have a 3 plus code, I need to top up my 3 dongle in order to receive a text from 3 plus, but because I'm on Virgin Media wi fi I have to resort to phoning a 3 operator as I can't enable dongle to go online to buy an add on. If anyone has a code, pm me.

I've just got one for you there.

Kevin Morby has the 4th down on his Facebook page for Electric Picnic. He's playing in Brighton on the Friday.

I see what you're saying regarding the other two. Very good.:)

End of the Road have him listed Sunday so Saturday it is then!
    Sunday is already looking potentially clash heavy for me, so glad he's out of the reckoning there as he's right up there on my must see list. Mid afternoon in the Cosby would do lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

RustyP gave me a code but I don't need it anymore. If anyone wants it PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Does a three code enable you to buy just the one ticket or can you get a couple per code does anyone know?

Morrison J wrote: »
    Does a three code enable you to buy just the one ticket or can you get a couple per code does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Morrison J wrote: »

It doesn't guarantee you any tickets, but it enables you to join in the Ticketcluster**** that will likely ensue for an opportunity to purchase 4 out of a very limited number of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

End of the Road have him listed Sunday so Saturday it is then!
    Sunday is already looking potentially clash heavy for me, so glad he's out of the reckoning there as he's right up there on my must see list. Mid afternoon in the Cosby would do lovely.
    Ah FFS, if they outright lie to us it makes this exercise even more pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Spudgunn wrote: »
    Met the lads and their manager after The Last Shadow Puppets gig and he was able to tell us definitely the Sunday.

TOTALLY read this wrong. Thought a certain Mr Turner and Mr Kane had been added :-(

Cmon EP, give us the next announcement FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

how come ur still looking for tix bdude?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just came up on my "Memories" thing on Facebook and in 2013/2014 EP added more acts on the same date

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

As Neil Hannon and Cathy Davey are judging the "Rubbish Song for Europe" I guess they are 2 more acts confirmed for the bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

looking a 3plus code if theres one floating about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

JackMcA wrote: »
    looking a 3plus code if theres one floating about ;)

Me too if anyone has one going spare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

well there's still more acts to announce, but they'll mostly/all be booked for quite a while at this stage.
    they're very unlikely to get in another act specifically to replace them, especially an international act who will have travel/accom plans booked a long time ago.

most likely they'll just bump up the act that was to play before them, and fill in the gap further down the card as it's easy/cheaper to book those acts.

Interestingly I saw today that the Kraków festival in Poland (which Haim also cancelled from) announced today that muse would come in as headliner. It was surprising to me that a huge act like Muse could get added when the festival takes place in 4 weeks.

Also I'm just really hoping Muse get added to EP so I'm clinging to every hope 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Muse are playing an extra day on the festival, they're not a replacement from the looks of it (the idea of them as a replacement for haim is pretty funny anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oreillyg

I am remembering previous years the week after Longtitude there was a line-up announcement, followed by another announcement in the second week of August that added names that ended up being headliners.
    I am still convinced Radiohead will be added and Lana Del Ray will be second headline. also fingers crossed Richard Ashcroft who is playing everything in the UK will be named as he has not announced any Irish dates yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Thats some serious lurking for 8 years and your first post is that?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

oreillyg wrote: »
    I am remembering previous years the week after Longtitude there was a line-up announcement, followed by another announcement in the second week of August that added names that ended up being headliners.
    I am still convinced Radiohead will be added and Lana Del Ray will be second headline. also fingers crossed Richard Ashcroft who is playing everything in the UK will be named as he has not announced any Irish dates yet

Would you go away with your radiohead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Thats some serious lurking for 8 years and your first post is that?? :D

Cause he's a creep..... He's a weirdo'ooo...

Snarky Snark Snark

Ialso fingers crossed Richard Ashcroft who is playing everything in the UK will be named as he has not announced any Irish dates yet

He's not great live though or produced anything decent in over a decade

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

hi people, staying in the camper van area this year, what the craic with facilities, nearest showers etc, thanks in advance.

Ialso fingers crossed Richard Ashcroft who is playing everything in the UK will be named as he has not announced any Irish dates yet

He's not great live though or produced anything decent in over a decade

He's had a few decent singles. Coupled in with a selection of verve hits would make him a good addition IMO.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

He's had a few decent singles. Coupled in with a selection of verve hits would make him a good addition IMO.

Previous point stands. He's not great live. Had some fantastic songs and could put together a set list to beat the band, but if it sounds like it's sung by a half dead rabid mutt then what's the point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement