Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

roll wrote: »
    how come ur still looking for tix bdude?!

Its not for me but a mate, I'm volunteering there, I have a 3 dongle and he was looking to get a ticket for him and his girlfriend, but I hadn't used the dongle in ages and had logging in problems with the dongle but have a 3 plus account but can't get online to receive the code.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

roll wrote: »
    how come ur still looking for tix bdude?!

Its not for me but a mate, I'm volunteering there, I have a 3 dongle and he was looking to get a ticket for him and his girlfriend, but I hadn't used the dongle in ages and had logging in problems with the dongle but have a 3 plus account but can't get online to receive the code.

Did you get code yet?
    No idea if this would work but did you try taking SIM out of dongle and in to phone and get code text to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Did you get code yet?
    No idea if this would work but did you try taking SIM out of dongle and in to phone and get code text to you?

I need to top it up though and I'm skint at the moment.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Just so you know, Three have said on twitter that you'll need to show the three + app on your phone to prove you are the person that bought the tickets (I presume to discourage reselling). Something to keep in mind if you get a code off someone you don't know (and presumably you can't meet at EP with their phone) that I'd say there'd be a good chance you wouldn't be given the ticket when you get down there...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Just so you know, Three have said on twitter that you'll need to show the three + app on your phone to prove you are the person that bought the tickets (I presume to discourage reselling). Something to keep in mind if you get a code off someone you don't know (and presumably you can't meet at EP with their phone) that I'd say there'd be a good chance you wouldn't be given the ticket when you get down there...

**** really? I was planning on using my sisters three code

• Advertisement

I saw it in reply to another tweet. I hope they make it clear before purchase, otherwise there will be many disappointed people...

Yea its sounds ridiculous. If that is the way they are doing they should have stated it when they announced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

But if you buy your tickets through Ticketmaster they'll surely post out your tickets you won't have to collect them there. Sounds like a load of bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Sounds like balls, but nevertheless, it sounds like the kind of rule would go out the window at first contact with event security. They'll check that a ticket exists, and nothing else. It'd take too long for them to do anything else, and too long means queues.

Actually the more I think about it, this is nonsense. The 3+ app doesn't retain the unique code you've got so there's no way to match the code to you and the tickets unless the code is actually printed on the tickets which it won't be.
    It also doesn't say anywhere you need to check Twitter for rules. Pure spoof whoever posted that on 3's behalf.

• Advertisement

Actually looking at what they said, you need the App to access the three fast track q at electric picnic . Maybe you can get tickets without accessing that?

Either way good luck tomorrow folks. I'm v glad I already have a ticket, I think it's gonna be messy tomorrow morning.

Actually looking at what they said, you need the App to access the three fast track q at electric picnic . Maybe you can get tickets without accessing that?

Either way good luck tomorrow folks. I'm v glad I already have a ticket, I think it's gonna be messy tomorrow morning.

Yup it will be. Few months ago i didnt care about getting a ticket but typical as it starts getting closer i regret not getting a ticket :(

Quick access to the charging stations?

From EP last year..

"There will be two charging stations on site to ensure a full, connected experience for everyone at the Picnic. The charging stations, which will be powered by Three, can be found in the late night arena (access from 10am) and in the main arena (open daily from 12pm.) Three customers registered for 3Plus can benefit from a fast-track queue to ensure a speedy turnaround."

I doubt it's a fast que into the gig itself.

Yup it will be. Few months ago i didnt care about getting a ticket but typical as it starts getting closer i regret not getting a ticket :(

What's the best way to try and buy from Ticketmaster tomorrow? App, Online, Phone, Easons etc, I never seem to get tickets that sell out..U2 etc.

What's the best way to try and buy from Ticketmaster tomorrow? App, Online, Phone, Easons etc, I never seem to get tickets that sell out..U2 etc.

Im gonna try ticketmaster online

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

What's the earliest time for someone with a weekend ticket to enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Capajoma wrote: »
    What's the earliest time for someone with a weekend ticket to enter?
    If in the campervan site you can go in on Thur night. For all other camping about 9am on the Friday. But the site proper for music stages, etc doesn't usually open til about 3/4pm. I think it varies by the year so I assume there'll be clearer info available the week before the fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Gone already it seems

I got my ticket :) Seemed easy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Refreshing from 8.58AM, no luck :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I got my ticket :) Seemed easy enough
    I was trying since a few mins before 9 and tickets werent available at all. Never even flashed up as available. I was trying from here:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/electric-picnic-2016-co-laois/event/18004F29A7486AA7?artistid=30690&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60&did=3dublin

Jeebus wrote: »
    Refreshing from 8.58AM, no luck :(

Same, nothing showing up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I was trying since a few mins before 9 and tickets werent available at all. Never even flashed up as available. I was trying from here:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/electric-picnic-2016-co-laois/event/18004F29A7486AA7?artistid=30690&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60&did=3dublin

Me too yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MJohnston wrote: »
    Sounds like balls, but nevertheless, it sounds like the kind of rule would go out the window at first contact with event security. They'll check that a ticket exists, and nothing else. It'd take too long for them to do anything else, and too long means queues.

If you get one of these tickets you enter separately through the Three Fastpass queue, so they may well be checking.

maximoose wrote: »
    If you get one of these tickets you enter separately through the Three Fastpass queue, so they may well be checking.

The fast que is to charge your phone at the event, you should be able to go in normally with the tickets.

Rang Ticketmaster, no tickets showing up. Must be all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Just got tickets. Keep trying folks. Some unfortunate bastard will mess up their credit card details and the tickets might get released!

I got 'tickets nor available ' about 20 times before I got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Quick access to the charging stations?

From EP last year..

"There will be two charging stations on site to ensure a full, connected experience for everyone at the Picnic. The charging stations, which will be powered by Three, can be found in the late night arena (access from 10am) and in the main arena (open daily from 12pm.) Three customers registered for 3Plus can benefit from a fast-track queue to ensure a speedy turnaround."

I doubt it's a fast que into the gig itself.

I had a fastpass band last year, it's to get in with your ticket on the Friday. TBH it was much faster than main entrance, but it's only at the big entrance, not paintball, etc.

It could be for charging too but I didn't try.

I panicked because i had my code ready (i typed in a new tab so i could just copy and paste) but accidently closed that tab before opening up ticketmaster so thought that would cost me a few seconds. Then flew through the process but then when it came to the login my password wouldnt work so had to reset and was a afraid id be sent back to the start but luckily that didnt happen :)

• Advertisement

Is it time to give up??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement