Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Yes. They sold out twenty minutes ago according to ticketmaster on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Page seems to have changed now where you have to enter your 3 code to even do a search. It wasn't like that at 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They must have only had a couple of hundred at most

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

I usually get a bus up but this year I'm gonna drive, what time do we have to be gone out of the campsite on Monday ? Not fancying driving home with a bad h.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

crusha101 wrote: »
    I usually get a bus up but this year I'm gonna drive, what time do we have to be gone out of the campsite on Monday ? Not fancying driving home with a bad h.o

I think you've to be gone by 1pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Sure just make it the ten miles to one of the Portlaois petrol stations, wire a chicken fillet roll into you, and you'll be grand. There is nowhere you can go to escape the Monday morning fear

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Synode wrote: »
    They must have only had a couple of hundred at most

it was 50 last year, going by this thread they must have had 10 this year, I was trying since about 8.55 couldn't even get 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

hi people, staying in the camper van area this year, what the craic with facilities, nearest showers etc, thanks in advance.

The facilities are rubbish! Basically you are paying 80 quid to park in a field. Last year the toilet drop was full by Saturday lunchtime and not emptied for the rest of the weekend. I don't think there are any showers in the campervan area.

Simply put, you should just sell me your campervan ticket and be done with it ;)
    Just kidding, but I am not kidding about the facilities. If you expect anything special for your 80 quid, you will be very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

it was 50 last year, going by this thread they must have had 10 this year, I was trying since about 8.55 couldn't even get 1.

How do you know it was 50 last year? I got mine last year in the presale in November (2014) which I know a lot of people did too. They released more towards this time of year that could have been 50! But they didnt do a presale this year at all, so this was the 'pre-sale' amount I would say....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

mejulie805 wrote: »
    How do you know it was 50 last year?

It was said in all the press releases.

Eg
    Only Three customers can still buy weekend tickets for Electric Picnic 2015, exclusively with 3Plus. The last 50 tickets in Ireland go on sale at www.three.ie/plus on Friday 31st at 9am

• Advertisement

Mindfield programme released. Waterford Whispers News should be fun

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/mindfield-reveals-2016-programme

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mindfield programme released. Waterford Whispers News should be fun

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/mindfield-reveals-2016-programme

I'd go to see Blindboy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Why is Miriam O'Callaghan there?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'd go to see Blindboy!

Will DJ Willy O'Dea be playing at the salty dog I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"meteoric rising-star, comedian Al Porter"???

Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    "meteoric rising-star, comedian Al Porter"???

Probably a part of the deal with Satan to get the rte coverage, shove this talentless ****wit on in return for something something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Why is Miriam O'Callaghan there?

Some booking underling got crossed wires. When he heard Radiohead he thought his boss meant get that Head whose always on Radio.

Totes Awks:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Got 2 tickets very easily myself this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Where is best site to get 2 tickets for electric picnic?couldnt get any this morning,please?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

snowbabe wrote: »
    Where is best site to get 2 tickets for electric picnic?couldnt get any this morning,please?

www.backintimeninemonths.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Daily checks on the Electric Picnic thread on Toutless.com is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Seatwave or Toutless are really your only chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Adverts also worth a look if you have the patience.

Report the touts and gazumpers, there are face value tickets there amongst the gougers.

Thanks so much will do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

hi people, staying in the camper van area this year, what the craic with facilities, nearest showers etc, thanks in advance.

The facilities are rubbish! Basically you are paying 80 quid to park in a field. Last year the toilet drop was full by Saturday lunchtime and not emptied for the rest of the weekend. I don't think there are any showers in the campervan area.

Simply put, you should just sell me your campervan ticket and be done with it ;)
    Just kidding, but I am not kidding about the facilities. If you expect anything special for your 80 quid, you will be very disappointed.
    I've never camped there but visited friends up there and there's lots of space (unsurprising when you're so bloody far from the main arena). Seems pretty friendly between the campervans, lots of tables out for food & drinks. A big bonus is getting in on Thursday night and avoiding all the queues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Thanks so much will do

anywhere third party you run the risk of a dodgy ticket and speaking from someone who works the gig in that area, there is alot of people getting shalfted with cancelled tickets. Be wary.

Thanks so much will do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I've never camped there but visited friends up there and there's lots of space (unsurprising when you're so bloody far from the main arena). Seems pretty friendly between the campervans, lots of tables out for food & drinks. A big bonus is getting in on Thursday night and avoiding all the queues.

Went in on the Thursday night last year and we were parked in the laneway queueing for about 90 minutes. Waking up Friday morning already at the festival with an optional hangover is a bonus. There is plenty of room per camper, you get your camper plus 4 metres on one side for your awning or a gazebo. I think this is also a fire regulation. It is definitely friendly up there. I have never heard any reports of theft or other issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement