Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Daily checks on the Electric Picnic thread on Toutless.com is your best bet.

There are currently 190 people looking for tickets on toutless.. no-one selling.

There are a few around for 240 on adverts and also donedeal. I reckon that is gonna be the best bet. Be careful though. Caveat emptor!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

MJohnston wrote: »
    Sure just make it the ten miles to one of the Portlaois petrol stations, wire a chicken fillet roll into you, and you'll be grand. There is nowhere you can go to escape the Monday morning fear

Last year I slept in my car at Obama Plaza for about 2 hours haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

There are currently 190 people looking for tickets on toutless.. no-one selling.

There are a few around for 240 on adverts and also donedeal. I reckon that is gonna be the best bet. Be careful though. Caveat emptor!

Yeah, probably so if that's the case at the moment. I reckon a lot will become available on Toutless between the next announcement and the weekend of the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

anywhere third party you run the risk of a dodgy ticket and speaking from someone who works the gig in that area, there is alot of people getting shalfted with cancelled tickets. Be wary.

Ahh feck ,thanks for that,I havent a clue its for my daughter as she's been let down.Have you any tips as to how Id know ? Was looking on adverts just there ,but theyd all involve a long drive for me ,am bit scared now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yeah, probably so if that's the case at the moment. I reckon a lot will become available on Toutless between the next announcement and the weekend of the festival

Yarp, a solid bout of "worst announcement ever!" does wonders for ticket prices

• Advertisement

Just on Adverts a ticket went up and was taken down 8minutes later !!! Im too old for this really I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

snowbabe wrote: »
    Just on Adverts a ticket went up and was taken down 8minutes later !!! Im too old for this really I think :)

Because it was over face value, ignore anything that's priced over €250. Mods should be removing them quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

snowbabe wrote: »
    Ahh feck ,thanks for that,I havent a clue its for my daughter as she's been let down.Have you any tips as to how Id know ? Was looking on adverts just there ,but theyd all involve a long drive for me ,am bit scared now !!

If you're prepared to be patient and I mean really patient, tickets did go back on sale a couple of days before the festival started last year. Three mates of mine got tickets on the opening day of the festival itself via ticketmaster and collected at the ticketmaster booth in Stradbally. Theres no guarantee that , that will happen again this year, with the festival initially selling out early on this ocassion. But i'd say theres a good chance that on the day the festival starts , tickets will become available, but you'd need to hit the ground running ( and hitting the F5 button on your keyboad :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I've never camped there but visited friends up there and there's lots of space (unsurprising when you're so bloody far from the main arena). Seems pretty friendly between the campervans, lots of tables out for food & drinks. A big bonus is getting in on Thursday night and avoiding all the queues.

Went in on the Thursday night last year and we were parked in the laneway queueing for about 90 minutes. Waking up Friday morning already at the festival with an optional hangover is a bonus. There is plenty of room per camper, you get your camper plus 4 metres on one side for your awning or a gazebo. I think this is also a fire regulation. It is definitely friendly up there. I have never heard any reports of theft or other issues.
    Yeah, the campers seem to familiarise themselves early on with who belongs there and watch out for each other's stuff. Had I a campervan (or the cash to rent one) I'd definitely head there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Three.ie are selling tickets today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

maximoose wrote: »
    Because it was over face value, ignore anything that's priced over €250. Mods should be removing them quickly enough.

Are there Mods on Done Deal to remove tickets priced well over face value? It's getting ridiculous with every seller looking for €300 a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nah Donedeal is the Wild West, touting is allowed there!

Are there Mods on Done Deal to remove tickets priced well over face value? It's getting ridiculous with every seller looking for €300 a ticket.

€300 is currently the market price on DoneDeal. Even more crazy is €250 for a campervan ticket. Thats an 80 euro ticket ffs. Am tempted to ask "how much for just one of the campervan tickets?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there was loads of tickets around for face value or less in the week before EP last year. ones every 30mins on the Facebook event wall in the days before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

PJ Harvey is in Melbourne on September 1st.

Think that more or less rules her out of any potential late announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

PJ Harvey is in Melbourne on September 1st.

Think that more or less rules her out of any potential late announcement.

F.u.c.k!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Blind boy on newstalk now, Rubberbandits playing.

Dont have the patience ,got 2 on done deal for €300 am happy with that really as shes a good kid ,will sell them if she doesnt need them or even go myself !! I'd love to go but not the camping bit ,maybe next year I'll book and book myself a pod :) Thanks so much everyone for all the help x

Dont have the patience ,got 2 on done deal for €300 am happy with that really as shes a good kid ,will sell them if she doesnt need them or even go myself !! I'd love to go but not the camping bit ,maybe next year I'll book and book myself a pod :) Thanks so much everyone for all the help x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Was it €300 for both or 2 x €300 = €600? Because if it's the latter former I'd run a mile. No way anyone is selling them that cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

Got three tickets from the ones released for 3 plus customers! So relieved as it wasn't only the price but also how legit the ones online were that was worrying us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

F.u.c.k!

Don't worry. Radiohead are about to be announced. Any. Day. Now.

Synode wrote: »
    Was it €300 for both or 2 x €300 = €600? Because if it's the latter I'd run a mile. No way anyone is selling them that cheap

You mean "the former"? or "if it's NOT the latter"

Definitely the market value at the moment is 300 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You mean "the former"? or "if it's NOT the latter"

Definitely the market value at the moment is 300 each.

I did indeed mean the former. Not with it today at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Please stop buying off touts, people! They wouldn't exist if people weren't willing to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

€300 for a ticket is still better than not going. I'd pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Please stop buying off touts, people! They wouldn't exist if people weren't willing to buy

Great argument. I think supply and demand economics will win out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

MadYaker wrote: »
    €300 for a ticket is still better than not going. I'd pay it.

I'd sooner not go to a gig than line the pockets of a greedy tout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

40 sleeps .......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement