Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Forget Radiohead or Massive attack this is where it's at on Sunday night.......NOT!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'd sooner not go to a gig than line the pockets of a greedy tout!

I'd pay what I'd be willing to pay, makes no difference to me if someone's making money off it. Sitting at home instead as a point of principle means someone else will just get to go instead of you.

Fortunately already have my ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Forget Radiohead or Massive attack this is where it's at on Sunday night.......NOT!!

Oh **** that ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Fatfrog wrote: »

Give it a couple of years and this festival will be headlined by the likes of David Guetta, Avicii or any other manufactured sh1t "Artist"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

nocoverart wrote: »
    Give it a couple of years and this festival will be headlined by the likes of David Guetta, Avicii or any other manufactured sh1t "Artist"

And on that day a monkey was given the death sentence for the mass murder of thousands of children atending a legal rave event. "it was for their own good", mr monkey was quoted as saying from the witness box, "best nip this sort of thing in the bud before it goes too far and becomes acceptable".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Guetta is no more "manufactured" than past headliner Fatboy Slim tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

There are currently 190 people looking for tickets on toutless.. no-one selling.

I got sorted this evening through toutless, narrowly missed a few others.

Set up a toutless thread alert, make sure you've push notifications on your phone and be ready to get in quick when you get a mail

Will work for you eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone see this story? "Test your illegal drugs" legal service provided at a UK festival.

http://www.newstalk.com/Could-Irish-festivalgoers-be-allowed-to-test-illegal-drugs-before-taking-them

Guetta is no more "manufactured" than past headliner Fatboy Slim tbf.

True that! Not sure who has the more punchable face out of the Two though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Mr.S wrote: »
    You are always going to have people willing to pay over the odds for tickets just because its sold out.

Every year I know people that shell out 400+ for EP tickets and they don't bat an eyelid.

Imo, proper anti-tout measures which are fairly easy to enforce need to be introduced to reduce how many tickets are snapped up by touts. A little bit of effort will go a long way.

http://fanfairalliance.org/
    Managers of artists including Arctic Monkeys, Mumford & Sons, One Direction, Little Mix, Jess Glynne, PJ Harvey, Biffy Clyro, Iron Maiden, Ed Sheeran, Chvrches and Noel Gallagher, as well as leading agents, promoters and music trade bodies sign Declaration against online ticket touting.

One Direction are gonna save us :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

True that! Not sure who has the more punchable face out of the Two though.

I would actually prefer Guetta to Calvin Harris, his set at the Euros kicked a bit of ass compared to the sh1te that Harris churns out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Synode wrote: »
    Was it €300 for both or 2 x €300 = €600? Because if it's the latter former I'd run a mile. No way anyone is selling them that cheap

Sorry,it was €600 for 2 tickets

I would actually prefer Guetta to Calvin Harris, his set at the Euros kicked a bit of ass compared to the sh1te that Harris churns out.

LOL! Very good, but you're a Richard D man at heart. What you think of the new Aphex Twin EP? Fookin loving it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

LOL! Very good, but you're a Richard D man at heart. What you think of the new Aphex Twin EP? Fookin loving it myself.

Heard bits of it, yeah very good stuff. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Some interesting stuff there, I'll definitely be going to Cathy Davey.

Chances of a "big" announcement are receding by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sh1tload of tickets available last year the week before the event. Anyone paying silly over the odds money now is a fúcking idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I seen Guetta DJ in Ibiza last year and I swear to god I wanted to go up and punch him. He couldn't mix for shíte, kept talking absolute drivel, and the music was a big build up followed by a breakdown, rinse and repeat ad nauseam. Worst night of music I've ever been at.

At least Calvin Harris has some decent tunes. Most of Guetta's are pants

Personally I thought it was the most godawful piece on cringeworthy nonsense imaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Synode wrote: »
    I seen Guetta DJ in Ibiza last year and I swear to god I wanted to go up and punch him. He couldn't mix for shíte, kept talking absolute drivel, and the music was a big build up followed by a breakdown, rinse and repeat ad nauseam. Worst night of music I've ever been at.

At least Calvin Harris has some decent tunes. Most of Guetta's are pants

I was about to go see him in a few weeks in the rocks, wanted to see a big name while I was there, Example is around might just go see him instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

The Nal wrote: »
    Sh1tload of tickets available last year the week before the event. Anyone paying silly over the odds money now is a fúcking idiot.

Not really. Value is a relative term, if someone thinks it's worth paying and can afford it, I don't think that makes them 'a fúcking idiot'. I'm all for the whole 'no touting' thing but people can do what they want with their money.

• Advertisement

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Not really. Value is a relative term, if someone thinks it's worth paying and can afford it, I don't think that makes them 'a fúcking idiot'. I'm all for the whole 'no touting' thing but people can do what they want with their money.

Former Economics student?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

can we please stop talking about david guetta and calvin harris? please?!

roll wrote: »

This is how to invoke the Streisand effect.

giphy.gif

roll wrote: »

Word is AfroJack or Hardwell might be making an appearance at picnic yet. Yup, Yup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

in that gif, is Guetta DJ-ing ? or ... is he making love to you?

creepy .. yuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Easy Rod wrote: »

Course they can but buying now for well over the odds feeds the touts. The knock on effect is that touts will continue to buy as many tickets as possible for events that they know will sell well/sell out (like The Picnic) and knock them out for silly money.

So genuine gig goers have less chance of getting a tickets first time out and end up paying more.

Maybe I should rephrase it so. "selfish fúcking idiots"

Course they can but buying now for well over the odds feeds the touts. The knock on effect is that touts will continue to buy as many tickets as possible for events that they know will sell well/sell out (like The Picnic) and knock them out for silly money.

So genuine gig goers have less chance of getting a tickets first time out and end up paying more.

But you forget that only a minority of people actually care.. most people accept market economics as part of the world they live in. Supply & demand and all that.

I care.. you care .. most people don't.

It will never happen that people won't pay the market value of goods they desire in the hope that demand drops.

Forgive me if I am not using the correct economics nomenclature.

• Advertisement

I think you've touts but there's also a serious lack of tickets with no big gig like oxygen happening, even with 70,000 tickets it would have probably sold out.

There was plenty of time for people to get tickets and instalment plans as well, what's happening now is capatilism not necessarly touts driving up the prices. If anything people are idiots for not buying when they were on sale, now they got to pay what ever the market asks.

Even at 350 it's less than 1 night in the Europe hotel, not a major amount for 3 days&nights of fun.

I don't think adverts should be trying to exert control over the market rate, there a capitalists enterprise, all that happens is it goes to done deal and puts people in a more dodgy position, at least with adverts users have feedback and you've some sense of trust. It's not like they cap the prices on other products.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement