Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I think you will find that you have heard all of them

Nope, never heard that song in my life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Synode wrote: »
    Nope, never heard that song in my life :pac:

Not being smart, but my 11 year old kid has that tune on her Favourites playlist. Mind you, she is currently going through an old school 80s hip-hop phase. Roxanne Shante, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Marley Marl, Eric B... I gave a few pointers but she's off on her own journey at this stage. "Go on Girl!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Not being smart, but my 11 year old kid has that tune on her Favourites playlist. Mind you, she is currently going through an old school 80s hip-hop phase. Roxanne Shante, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Marley Marl, Eric B... I gave a few pointers but she's off on her own journey at this stage. "Go on Girl!"

I've never heard it either. Not being smart but why would I care what an 11 year old is listening to?

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I've never heard it either. Not being smart but why would I care what an 11 year old is listening to?

You shouldn't. I'm just proud that she has such good taste. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

In that case what

In that case they couldn't possibly be mid-tier acts.

• Advertisement

In that case they couldn't possibly be mid-tier acts.

It clearly depends on what people would define as a mid tier act. I would not see the ones Pablo listed as mid-tier. Mid-tier for me is 1975, NAS, Super Furry Animals etc. (i.e. bands I've heard of :P)

It clearly depends on what people would define as a mid tier act. I would not see the ones Pablo listed as mid-tier. Mid-tier for me is 1975, NAS, Super Furry Animals etc. (i.e. bands I've heard of :P)

Yep, all depends on how you look at it i suppose.

Tuneyards had a midnight slot in B&S, was as packed as i'd ever seen it.

Never heard of any of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

This all sounds very promising and surprisingly creative ..

They've told you it's creative... So it must be true!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    They've told you it's creative... So it must be true!!

Damn it, I fell for it. Brainwashed again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

There is apparently a music announcement coming tomorrow, obviously take it with a pinch of salt though.

frantic190 wrote: »
    There is apparently a music announcement coming tomorrow, obviously take it with a pinch of salt though.

Source? Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've heard better on Baby TV, that's awful tripe.

Must resist responding to drunk monkeys... resist resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I've heard better on Baby TV, that's awful tripe.

post-37129-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-ciRL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So TuneYards, Young Fathers, Natalie Prass are not what you would consider mid-tier acts ?

Certainly not for me anyway.

Where's this from?

Pablo - will you be doing another glorious app this year?

maximoose wrote: »

Pablo - will you be doing another glorious app this year?

Sure it wouldn't be the same without at this stage. Definitely I will.

When's the times announced Pablo?

When's the times announced Pablo?

I don't know .. usually its about three days before.

Edit: Except for people who think Tune Yards are tripe .. they don't get the times at all .. no they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Sure it wouldn't be the same without at this stage. Definitely I will.

You need to find where the new spot Hazel wood will be for the map! Any insiders on boards?

• Advertisement

You need to find where the new spot Hazel wood will be for the map! Any insiders on boards?

Last year (or 2014 maybe) some insider leaked the Health & Safety map on here .. wow that was handy. Can't remember the username ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That's more than a little bit like a hipster version of the Belle Stars

Last year (or 2014 maybe) some insider leaked the Health & Safety map on here .. wow that was handy. Can't remember the username ...

Yeah it was last year

You're just winding me up now .. not responding to scruff or drunk monkeys .. fvck you guys!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Source? Twitter?

A mate who works for one of the primary sponsors, as always take it with a pinch of salt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

As was pointed out several times on this thread already, there is a clear lack of mid-tier and up-and-coming acts on this lineup. These do not cost big bucks but are what have always made EP great in the past. Not this year. Off the top of my head, Whitney is about the only act in that category.
    Agreed, not many but there are a few. Blossoms, Nao & Karl Blau all worth a look. But it's slim pickings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

You're just winding me up now .. not responding to scruff or drunk monkeys .. fvck you guys!

Tune-Yards had a decent slot on the West Holts stage at Glasto the same year as she played at EP and like Ho99o9 has been heavily hyped by the press. Young Fathers are Mercury Prize winners currently doing big European shows in support of Massive Attack. All I reckon have enough of a following to deserve late afternoon slots on the main stage or Electric Arena. Maybe not mid-level quite yet but decent acts on the up.

image.jpg

There's hipster but she's on a whole different level. A lad could easily get caught out in the forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

From the sounds of the press release, is it possibly where the RBMa stage was? Can't think of anywhere else big enough on site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

No, I'm not winding you up, that to me sounds like belle stars, kiddie songs set to a backing beat.

Just looked 'er up on Wikipedia. Think we've found the worlds most pretentious wanker hipster

"The first Tune-Yards album, Bird-Brains (stylized as BiRd-BrAiNs) was originally self-released by Garbus on recycled cassette tape. It was recorded using only a handheld voice recorder.[9]"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement