Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Thought i would go see the 2unlimited set for ... reasons...

and couldn't get near it due to the masses of children piled up in there, they could easily take one of the smaller tents that was idle at that time and use it for campy legacy stuff like that and have it go all weekend long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Based on nothing other than my own boredom.

Based on the popularity of the Electric Ireland 90s yoke, i can see them expanding this further over the next few years.
    There's a set of festivals in the UK called rewind, and are all 80s/90s acts.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the EI stage/tent expanding into something like a rewind stage.

When it started it was just Mr Motivator, then just Bonnie Tyler last year. They had separate acts each day this year, so that's the direction it seems to be going in. I haven't been since the 1st Mr Motivator year, but it seemed to be jammers any time i wandered past.

Ok can they rearrange the site so that they have that e-lites , sound atlas , that cocktail cocktail petrol forecourt from hell place, electric ireland tent and put them in corner of the site so i don't have to pass through them or see them for the whole weekend.

The other thing with the electric ireland tent, is its done by them and its all their own money, its a marketing gimick for the most part. If they they plan something bigger its coming out of their own pocket not EPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

andreac wrote: »
    Its everything. Less crowds, more organised. No madness. You can get sleep time. Showers, bar/restaurant, phone charging, good toilets.

Its the whole package really and the safeness of it too. The other campsites are literally like war zones compared to it and i don't know how anyone could camp in those ones unless they are very young and don't give a crap lol. We couldn't praise the site highly enough all weekend and kept saying it was well worth paying the extra and would def come back again.

That is not strictly true. Some of the other campsites are like war zones. I'm a similar age to you, we camped in Joplin this year and had a ball. There was plenty of room in a nearly empty field and the toilet block was immaculate all weekend and no queues. There was also a welfare tent, first aid, coffee van and a chip van if you couldn't wait to get into the main arena to eat. There was a good steward and security presence.

Now I know it's further away from things but I like the walk and let's face it, it's only 10 mins! You never know what you'll see or who you'll meet.

I have glamped at EP and I've camped. Next year I'm 100% camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sorry toulouse I should have said some as it really is only Hendrix that's mental lol. The others are fine. But I'd still prefer to pay for Pink moon.

Snarky Snark Snark

No, Wilde beside Salty dog is an utter **** hole too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Hendrix, Wilde and Warhol are bad. Only because there's so many people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

I've booked Pink Moon this year, as we have a big group; it works out cheap; and the convenience of all its little extras are appealing.

But we stayed in Chaplin this year, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Sounds similar to Joplin, plenty of space; very safe; good vibe but no toe rags.

Had a few friends staying in Wilde and Hendrix this year. The few times I ventured down to them, it was like Beirut. By the Sunday, the smell alone would be enough to put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dabog

A few I'm dying to see would be D'Angelo and the Vanguard, John Mayer, James Blake, and Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

The Heavy , TV on the Radio , Living Colour , ZZ Top , The Black Angels , Basement Jaxx , The Handsome Family , and The Specials would all be on my wish-list!

the handsome family would be perfect for picnic, seen them at the empire in Belfast last year, they are great, really engage with the audience too.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

You'll never know who will come out of retirement or some electronica genius who has been asleep and dormant for the last five years or someone new who will splay you alive with their sound. We'll just have to see what the weird and wonderful will throw us next year. The Picnic might even announce stuff earlier this year than December, I wouldn't put it past them anyway.

I have been a long time board stalker but only posting recenty, have read your blog and really enjoyed it, I see you are a big Hopkins fan, you would have loved Girl band, superb cover of why they hide their bodies under my garage, kareen would be great for the picnic, they would blow a tent apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Alot of good main headliners have been mentioned, but would take any of Bon Iver (if they stay reformed ), The National or Vampire Weekend

If any of the following were on the list id be quite happy!
    Frightened Rabbit
    Frank Turner
    Richard Thompson
    FFS
    The Decemberists
    James Vincent McMorrow
    The Tallest Man on Earth
    Okervill River
    and maybe Hall & Oates for abit of guilty pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

The best announcement for next year will be Oxygen returning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Irish_rat wrote: »
    The best announcement for next year will be Oxygen returning

Isn't it just called Longitude now? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just a heads up....had my loyalty code all ready to go when I went to the Ticketmaster booth in Stephens Green and asked for 2 loyalty code tickets and was given them without the code being looked for. Might be worth chancing.
    Have given my code to a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

LCD soundsystem are strongly rumoured to reform for Coachella next year, if true then them playing ep seems possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rumoured where, i haven't seen anything and googling finds nothing?

i seriously doubt James Murphy has any intention of a proper reformation given the amount of different things he has on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

i seriously doubt James Murphy has any intention of a proper reformation given the amount of different things he has on the go.

It just seems to be wishful thinking atm on the Coachella forums.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

It just seems to be wishful thinking atm on the Coachella forums.

Its from the coachella forum but apparently they're reliable sources, the same ones who first broke the outkast reunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Its only been less than 5 years and it was such an emphatic "that's it" by Murphy it was almost like he was extremely proud of the decision to call it a day when they were on top and before they got the slightest bit stale without the slightest bit of infighting in the band. With the long farewell tour and the concert film he'd look like a total dope going back on it so soon. He's certainly a man of principle. I doubt coachella is the sort of event he'd reform for either.

That said Trent Reznor has come back twice with the tail between his legs after saying NIN were done, so you never know. Corgan did it after 7 years with the Pumkins

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

New Order for 2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Graham1978 wrote: »
    New Order for 2016

Great shout with a new album out and all, good possibility they could be in line for EP 2016. Saw Bad Lieutentant at EP (cant remember the year), but Bernard Summer was in great form performing New Order, Joy Division and some Electronic tracks, cracking gig it was....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Great shout with a new album out and all, good possibility they could be in line for EP 2016. Saw Bad Lieutentant at EP (cant remember the year), but Bernard Summer was in great form performing New Order, Joy Division and some Electronic tracks, cracking gig it was....
    They were great at Forbidden Fruit a few years ago. Great call for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

If we're talking rumours, next summer will be 10 years since Daft Punk unveiled Alive 2006/2007. Perhaps something in the offing. They've been very quiet since 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BadTurtle wrote: »
    If we're talking rumours, next summer will be 10 years since Daft Punk unveiled Alive 2006/2007. Perhaps something in the offing. They've been very quiet since 2013.

Theres no way I think that Daft Punk will play festivals again, there a lot more bucks for them doing standalone shows. The Scots were lucky to get them for RockNess festival in 2007 much to the detriment of T in the Park fans as Oxegen scooped them in the same year. I'd say someone more likely would be the Prodigy seeing as they haven't played EP yet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Theres no way I think that Daft Punk will play festivals again, there a lot more bucks for them doing standalone shows. The Scots were lucky to get them for RockNess festival in 2007 much to the detriment of T in the Park fans as Oxegen scooped them in the same year. I'd say someone more likely would be the Prodigy seeing as they haven't played EP yet.

Prodigy? that'll do just luvverley

Snarky Snark Snark

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Prodigy? that'll do just luvverley

Bleuuuugh

Would kill for any of Mercury Rev, Depeche Mode, John Grant, Moby, Suede.

My tastes are rather dull.

Bleuuuugh

Would kill for any of Mercury Rev, Depeche Mode, John Grant, Moby, Suede.

My tastes are rather dull.

Hey I'll take a bit of Depeche, Moby and Mr Grant any day. Finally getting to see John Grant at Vicar St after missing him numerous times last year due to clashes and general shíttery.
    Suede I have disliking too purely cos a guy I was dating had that stupid quiff cos he loved them and he was limp as a biscuit so turned me roight off. Strange the shizzle that goes through yer brain and dont know owt by Mercury but going by your others I'll check em out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Mercury Rev would be fantastic. Deserter's Songs was 'our album' when we got together. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

That New Order album was released yesterday, check it out its unreal... 10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Has anyone else still not received a loyalty code? I sent off an email two weeks ago at this stage, and still nothing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement