Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Looking at the poster, there is more going on at the theatre of food that music on stages. I never worry to much about the lineup but I think it's actually very poor. I've though year on year it's been getting worse and going on previous announcements, it's not going to improve much. Just a thought, will the lbt become the red bull stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

declanleo wrote: »
    Looking at the poster, there is more going on at the theatre of food that music on stages. I never worry to much about the lineup but I think it's actually very poor. I've though year on year it's been getting worse and going on previous announcements, it's not going to improve much. Just a thought, will the lbt become the red bull stage?

Agree , It's not a great lineup overal , I'm happy with most of the top tier acts but, as many others have said There's a serious lack of mid tier acts .
    Some people might like that hazel wood stuff announced today but for me it's utter wanky ****e , puppetry, mask making and interactive theatre , f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't really agree with the "lack of mid-tier acts" thing. the first 5 lines underneath the headliners on the poster are full of what i'd call mid-tier acts.

electric_picnic_2016_line_up_web_approved.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

declanleo wrote: »

Yep. I thinks its probably the worst EP lineup since its inception. Go to the site and have a look at the lineups over the years then compare against this year. Maybe they are moving away from music and trying to make it a culinary festival :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Wouldn't panic just yet regarding another announcement but it would certainly be disappointing if they didn't have another announcement with at least a few decent acts. Last year we got the Boomtown Rats, Villagers, Mano Le Tough, Jape, Shamir, Le Galaxie.. The year before there were a lot of good acts announced actually - James Vincent McMorrow, SBTRKT, 1975, Hozier, Wild Beasts, Hercules & Love Affair, Rustie, Sampha, **** Robot among others.. It would be poor form on EPs behalf if they just left it as it is this year (despite the line up being good already).

Part of me is happy that the 'rave in the woods' has been shaken up a little bit, I felt like it was a bit stale down there last year but maybe that's just me getting fed up of it. It will be disappointing however if they just scrap Red Bull altogether and don't get any big DJs for the rumoured Red Bull tent in the main arena (although starting to wonder if this is true). With the tickets getting more expensive, higher capacity ever, more sponsors than ever and tickets selling out the fastest they ever had it would really feel like they are trying to fleece us if they cut back on the line up in multiple areas compared to previous years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Wouldn't panic just yet regarding another announcement but it would certainly be disappointing if they didn't have another announcement with at least a few decent acts. Last year we got the Boomtown Rats, Villagers, Mano Le Tough, Jape, Shamir, Le Galaxie.. The year before there were a lot of good acts announced actually - James Vincent McMorrow, SBTRKT, 1975, Hozier, Wild Beasts, Hercules & Love Affair, Rustie, Sampha, **** Robot among others.. It would be poor form on EPs behalf if they just left it as it is this year (despite the line up being good already).

Part of me is happy that the 'rave in the woods' has been shaken up a little bit, I felt like it was a bit stale down there last year but maybe that's just me getting fed up of it. It will be disappointing however if they just scrap Red Bull altogether and don't get any big DJs for the rumoured Red Bull tent in the main arena (although starting to wonder if this is true). With the tickets getting more expensive, higher capacity ever, more sponsors than ever and tickets selling out the fastest they ever had it would really feel like they are trying to fleece us if they cut back on the line up in multiple areas compared to previous years.

Other than the djs in new rave in the woods area and the casa bicardi djs what other good ones are there this year ?
    Ones that play in the other tents , previous years would've been the likes of Mano le tough, rustie , Hudson Mohawke , Annie Mac , kaytranada etc
    Hope this new red bull tent in the arena has acts like that

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

The blizzards and hermitage green have already self confirmed so they will definitely be in the next announment. I'm expecting one this week then another after the bank holiday when indiependence is over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Jesus, Smash Hits and the ****ing Blizzards. They owe us Iggy Pop for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Other than the djs in new rave in the woods area and the casa bicardi djs what other good ones are there this year ?
    Ones that play in the other tents , previous years would've been the likes of Mano le tough, rustie , Hudson Mohawke , Annie Mac , kaytranada etc
    Hope this new red bull tent in the arena has acts like that

There are a few in fairness, Todd Terje, John Talabot, Mount Kimbie, Patha du Prince, DJ EZ, Daniel Avery, **** Robot.. Not as many that I'd be interested in (aside from Terje) but still probably a similar amount to previous years. Hopefully a few more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Jesus, Smash Hits and the ****ing Blizzards. They owe us Iggy Pop for that.

Are smash hits playing, I've never seen them they look like a laugh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Lets be honest the rave in the woods wasn't the easiest place to find for most, sheer druken determination got ppl there.
    Unless there's a real attraction in 'Hazel wood' I can't see many bothering with it!!

It looks to be on the former rave/RBMA area as someone said earlier.

https://www.facebook.com/Nialler9Blog/posts/1127920713920428

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Are smash hits playing, I've never seen them they look like a laugh?

They're playing the Electric Ireland tent apparently.

And i guess they're fun if singing along to BeWitched and the Home & Away tune is your idea of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rocknroller16

Hi I'm 16 and have bought my picnic ticket and it says photo id needed...I'm pretty sure i look 18 im 6' 2" and have a bit of facial hair...do you think i will be able to get in?
    All replies welcome!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Hi I'm 16 and have bought my picnic ticket and it says photo id needed...I'm pretty sure i look 18 im 6' 2" and have a bit of facial hair...do you think i will be able to get in?
    All replies welcome!!!

Obvious troll is obvious

Obvious troll is obvious

Nah man just slightly concerned about getting excited for months then not getting in!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Nah man just slightly concerned about getting excited for months then not getting in!

sums up my teenage sex life right there...

everlast75 wrote: »
    sums up my teenage sex life right there...

Man am i gonna get any sensible helpful answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Man am i gonna get any sensible helpful answers?

Hey, just go for it, you can only try, if you fail, you fail but at least you tried. Most security don't give a fcuk, its usually just a scan of your ticket, a feel of your rucksack and you are on the festival site, twill be grand.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Don't feed the trolls

Hey, just go for it, you can only try, if you fail, you fail but at least you tried. Most security don't give a fcuk, its usually just a scan of your ticket, a feel of your rucksack and you are on the festival site, twill be grand.

Thanks man!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Lets be honest the rave in the woods wasn't the easiest place to find for most, sheer druken determination got ppl there.
    Unless there's a real attraction in 'Hazel wood' I can't see many bothering with it!!

It looks to be on the former rave/RBMA area as someone said earlier.

https://www.facebook.com/Nialler9Blog/posts/1127920713920428

So no more rave in the woods? Where the hell are we gonna go in the wee hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

don't really agree with the "lack of mid-tier acts" thing. the first 5 lines underneath the headliners on the poster are full of what i'd call mid-tier acts.

Was gonna post the same earlier but didn't want to get into a big discussion about what was and what wasn't mid-tier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Whether or not those acts are mid tier or not, it seems pretty clear that none of the Body and Soul acts are listed yet, and that will fill out the lineup a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Looking at all these "mid-tier" and I'm thinking other than nas sfa and editors are any of these mid tier? Look at the past line ups and compare. It's pretty ****e. Years and years? Seriously? Too much average acts for my liking. That said, I'm hitting youtube looking for the band that will blow me away like London grammar andmgmt did over the years when they were setting out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Check out Savages. They're very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Just looked 'er up on Wikipedia. Think we've found the worlds most pretentious wanker hipster

Have to step in here.

Her gig in Whelans a few years back was not quite in my all time list (going to gigs since 89) but was deffo top drawer and memorable.

Saw her at Primavera last year - very underwhelmed, probably a case of expectations too high.

Am not listening to this "hipster ****e" abuse - please refer to the gif of the dude from earlier in the thread.

Would Madness still be a contender or are they too big an act to announce at this stage, their dates suggest that the Saturday could be plausible, playing Belgium on the Friday and Jersey in the UK on Sunday.

http://www.madness.co.uk/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

It is a "meh" line up. There are no two ways about it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would Madness still be a contender or are they too big an act to announce at this stage, their dates suggest that the Saturday could be plausible, playing Belgium on the Friday and Jersey in the UK on Sunday.

http://www.madness.co.uk/live/

Were they not rumoured for last too? Think they said in an interview they were playing a date in Ireland in Sept?

Would love if they did get announced tho

• Advertisement

Bowlardo wrote: »
    It is a "meh" line up. There are no two ways about it

Ah, you would say differently if Daft Punk was in there too, wouldn't ya. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement