Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Personally I thought it was the most godawful piece on cringeworthy nonsense imaginable.

Especially with the multitude of French electronica pioneers at their disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Especially with the multitude of French electronica pioneers at their disposal.

True dat.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paddy2012

Although I'm not a massive fan surely The 1975, Catfish and Wolf Alice are up and comers? After the crowds they drew at Glastonbury they're now seen by some as potential future headliners. Also considering he's playing Dublin on the Monday is it likely Glen Hansard could be a late addition?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

So far is there any recommendations for smaller acts? Boardsies have yet to let me down after showing getting me into Benjamin Booker and Jack Garratt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Were they not rumoured for last too? Think they said in an interview they were playing a date in Ireland in Sept?

Would love if they did get announced tho

That was a bbc interview from last year and it could well have covered their Belfast appearance.

That's the problem with speculating, even acts like madness are locked down a year in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Check out Savages. They're very good.

Talk about a let down when realised it wasn't this Savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They're playing the Electric Ireland tent apparently.

And i guess they're fun if singing along to BeWitched and the Home & Away tune is your idea of fun.

Saw them at a friend's wedding not long ago, they were actually great fun :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Synode wrote: »
    So no more rave in the woods? Where the hell are we gonna go in the wee hours?
    There is.
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/anachronica-generator-woods
    Fatfrog wrote: »
    It looks to be on the former rave/RBMA area as someone said earlier.

https://www.facebook.com/Nialler9Blog/posts/1127920713920428

It doesn't mention where it'll be though. it just mentions that you'd recline rather than rave.
    The rave is going to be where it always was, and has a new look this year, with all Irish DJs.
    This'll just be somewhere else in the woods. There's plenty of space for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

https://twitter.com/q4/status/758208298214629381

Maybe this is where there'll be an announcement today? Hopefully not a JustEat stage featuring bands like Meatloaf, Cake and The Cranberries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

AdMMM wrote: »

Maybe this is where there'll be an announcement today? Intriguing inclusion of epfestival in the tweet.

I presume this is the announcement of what food stalls will be at the festival.

Don't get your hopes up for much in the way of bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

This must be making a return so.

Hopefully if there is an announcement it's not just the lineup for that. Mostly just Irish DJs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

AdMMM wrote: »

Maybe this is where there'll be an announcement today? Hopefully not a JustEat stage featuring bands like Meatloaf, Cake and The Cranberries.

Cake would be absolutely incredible. I know you were joking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I presume this is the announcement of what food stalls will be at the festival.

Don't get your hopes up for much in the way of bands.

Is this even necessary?

I heard from a good source that the food stalls will all be over priced fast food vans with fancy names such as "Tony's Gourmet Burgers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Is this even necessary?

I heard from a good source that the food stalls will all be over priced fast food vans with fancy names such as "Tony's Gourmet Burgers".

Meh, I'd agree, but people will be falling over themselves to tell us all how great Pieminster is and how queuing for half an hour to get a curry from Kinara is, like, totally worth it. Seems to be a big deal for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Meh, I'd agree, but people will be falling over themselves to tell us all how great Pieminster is and how queuing for half an hour to get a curry from Kinara is, like, totally worth it. Seems to be a big deal for a lot of people.

Be cynical if you want, I genuinely think the food there is easily better than most festivals', and a good amount of it is from some of the better (non fancy) Dublin restaurants.

Now if only Bunsen would start doing a food truck.

I had Kinara last year. It was grand, but wasn't worth the 45 min queue.
    There are other options just as nice imo, and a little cheaper too.

Pie Minister is excellent, the queues can be close to an hour a times, which is a pisser.
    There is the alternative PieMan (I think it's called). It's pretty much the same as Pie Minister, but without the queues.

In any case, they released details of the theatre of food stuff back in may, so today must be something different.
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/theatre-food-line-announced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Dem queue times, whoah

I've never spent more than 10 mins in a queue for food. F that! Don't know if it was just good timing or what but can't be at that.

Wouldn't mind a Bunsen food truck. Although, Tony's gourmet burgers sound smashing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Synode wrote: »
    So no more rave in the woods? Where the hell are we gonna go in the wee hours?

I'm pleased to announce for the first time at Electric Picnic the 'Rave In My Tent' event, every night from 2am. I'm not publishing the location but if you manage to find it after wandering aimlessly around the campsite for 3 hours you're sure to take part in the *greatest music experience ever contained in canvas!

[*music mainly consists of the late-night slot on whatever radio stations can be picked up]

-=al=- wrote: »
    Dem queue times, whoah

I've never spent more than 10 mins in a queue for food. F that! Don't know if it was just good timing or what but can't be at that.

Wouldn't mind a Bunsen food truck. Although, Tony's gourmet burgers sound smashing

People spending that long in a queue are just bad at timing their food consumption ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The people that queue for an hour for something to eat are probably the same people that queue for 2 hours to have a shower.

Personally I'd never queue that long for either. I'd just go at the less busy times or get something else. 10-15 mins would be my tolerance threshold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I'm pleased to announce for the first time at Electric Picnic the 'Rave In My Tent' event, every night from 2am. I'm not publishing the location but if you manage to find it after wandering aimlessly around the campsite for 3 hours you're sure to take part in the *greatest music experience ever contained in canvas!

[*music mainly consists of the late-night slot on whatever radio stations can be picked up]
    17363724.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

17363724.gif

You misspelled "I will rave with you"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's really not that hard to find the RBMA stage in the woods.

MadYaker wrote: »

The signage can sometimes lead you on a merry run-around, but it's not too hard. The problem is you're usually looking for it at 1am, after already having spent a day running around, and sometime your tent is just that bit more tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »

Always thought it was pretty easy. Just follow the noise, lights and out of their tiny little minds jaw chewing zombie masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Always thought it was pretty easy. Just follow the noise, lights and out of their tiny little minds jaw chewing zombie masses.

Yeah, the ol' lasers are a bit of a give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

lineup is just bad so i sold my tickets on donedeal for €250 each (yeah, i know €20 over face value but you've ticketmaster fees as well) and demand is NUTS!

52BXWHy.png

35 messages this morning and that's not including the 13 i got last night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

lineup is just bad so i sold my tickets on donedeal for €250 each (yeah, i know €20 over face value but you've ticketmaster fees as well) and demand is NUTS!

35 messages this morning and that's not including the 13 i got last night!

Not surprised at all. You might think the lineup is bad but many others don't

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Not looking good for that rumour of a music announcement today

• Advertisement

Not looking good for that rumour of a music announcement today

There doesn't seem to have been one. Justeat.ie had the strypes playing at their launch for the picnic, to say they will have Peter McVerry (homeless charity) as their charity this year.
    http://www.just-eat.ie/blog/just-eat-peter-mcverry-ep2016

May be of use to some. There's a ticket comp on their website. See link below.
    http://www.just-eat.ie/blog/ep2016/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement