Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Not looking good for that rumour of a music announcement today

I think people need to stop driving themselves demented with anticipation of announcements.

I'm going on the assumption that there is only filler left to be added at this stage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This September, Just Eat will bring the Just Eat Retreat back to Electric Picnic for the third year.
    The area will offer festival goers a destination where they can relax, order food and drink to be delivered by the Just Eat waiters and enjoy some luxurious pampering from a range of services, including barbers and beauticians.

Also on the menu this year is a series of 'Tent Talks' at the Just Eat Retreat, which will deliver 10-minute inspirational talks from a diverse range of contributors, including Marissa Carter, founder of Cocoa Brown, and Tropical Popical owner Andrea Horan. Ensuring the festival experience is as convenient as possible, Just Eat will introduce the Just Eat Picnic Porters, a concierge service to help festival-goers deliver their kit easily from the car park to the festival entrance.

Just Eat is also using its prominent presence at the festival to help drive awareness of the issue of homelessness. Working with its charity partner, the Peter McVerry Trust, one of the ‘Tent Talks’ will focus on this growing social issue. They will also be tapping into the generosity of festival-goers by looking for a voluntary contribution for the treats on offer at the Just Eat Retreat, with all funds raised going to the Peter McVerry Trust.

Customers who were not lucky enough to have a ticket to this year’s sold-out festival will have a chance to win up to 10 pairs of VIP weekend tickets through Just Eat. They will place branded 'festival forks' in ten random takeaway orders around the country between now and 27th August. All you have to do is find the fork and you are on your way to Electric Picnic, VIP style.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I think people need to stop driving themselves demented with anticipation of announcements.

I'm going on the assumption that there is only filler left to be added at this stage.

Agree with you there, i'll be disappointed if there isn't a few more well known acts added but I've been to a few EPs where i wasnt too bothered with the lineup at all and I've always had an amazing weekend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Out of the last two announcements there is at least 15 acts I would want to see over the weekend which is more than enough already when you consider the EP periphery of areas and side show attractions. It will be a bonus for getting a few extra names but I'm fairly satisfied that My EP experience will be a good one and its by no means the worse EP line up I've seen. Body & Soul should bring some surprises and there will probably be a classic eighties band there somewhere.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

there will probably be a classic eighties band there somewhere.

New Order on the bill already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Synode wrote: »

Think it's more the lower level stranglers / rats / simple minds type being aimed for here

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Think it's more the lower level stranglers / rats / simple minds type being aimed for here

Tom Dunne said he was going to be down there to blindboy the other day, Something Happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Tom Dunne said he was going to be down there to blindboy the other day, Something Happens?

What about Samantha Mumba and her latex underwear.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

She's doing a special appearance in my tent, she's already said that the rest of ye can **** right off*

*may have been a dream

Snarky Snark Snark

Stuck together with gods glue was not a bad album in fairness
    (Despite the grotty title)

• Advertisement

Parachute was banned by the BBC

Snarky Snark Snark

That's usually a recommendation or very good marketing

It's not on the wiki page of songs banned by the Beeb though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Parachute was'nt banned by the BBC, it was restricted in its air play from main stream broadcast shows around morning and drive time slots and only played on late evening/night, alternative shows such as John Peels ....

Restricted on release as was dirrrty and banned during the gulf war as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

She's doing a special appearance in my tent, she's already said that the rest of ye can **** right off*

*may have been a dream

Bring a waxing kit!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Bring a waxing kit!!

Save a bit for your wan from the tuneyards..

Based on zero schedule research I'd like to see the headliners pan out like this;

Fri:
    New order

Sat:
    NGHFB
    The chemical bros

Sun:
    Lana Del Ray
    LCD soundsystem

Snarky Snark Snark

Bring a waxing kit!!

To quote captain flash heart in black adder season 2. "Like the beard bridesmaid, gives me something to hang on to, whoooof"

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Based on zero schedule research I'd like to see the headliners pan out like this;

Fri:
    New order

Sat:
    NGHFB
    The chemical bros

Sun:
    Lana Del Ray
    LCD soundsystem

Chemical bros are playing Friday
    LCD playing Saturday
    New order are sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

What's dirty about parachute? Is it about ridin' father?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

declanleo wrote: »
    LCD playing Saturday
    New order are sunday

where do LCD say they're playing Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Heard this dude is making an appearance....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamLxGxeDqI

Fri:
    New order

Sat:
    NGHFB
    The chemical bros

Sun:
    Lana Del Ray
    LCD soundsystem

LCD playing Saturday
    New order are sunday

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Heard this dude is making an appearance....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamLxGxeDqI

Haven't seen him in years ... always good crack.

What's dirty about parachute? Is it about ridin' father?

Parachute is a French letter, that was the dirty part. Banned during Gulf war as it literally meant parachute.

Snarky Snark Snark

Parachute is a French letter, that was the dirty part. Banned during Gulf war as it literally meant parachute.

A few weeks back I had to explain to a female colleague in her mid 30s what a French letter was when I pissed myself laughing when she sent me a job request e-mail entitled "client-name French letters"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Synode wrote: »

Squeeze to be announced for the Friday? Playing Dublin on Sat & Sun.

Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Squeeze to be announced for the Friday? Playing Dublin on Sat & Sun.

I would seriously ****ing love to see them, they were excellent on the tele at Glastonbury and we needs a main stage replacement for the bints in haim

Fri:
    New order

Sat:
    NGHFB
    The chemical bros

Sun:
    Lana Del Ray
    LCD soundsystem

LCD playing Saturday
    New order are sunday
    Looking over the artists schedules as far as i'm concerned the only "headline" that looks anywhere near set in stone is NGHFB, he's listed as playing gigs elsewhere on Friday and Sunday, so provided these are correct it's highly likely he'll play Saturday.

The rest are completely open and don't have conflicting gigs elsewhere that would restrict them to a certain night.

Website
    Bandsintown
    Comments

New order
    4th (Sun)
    2nd (Fri) & 4th (Sun)

Lana Del Ray
    4th (Sun)
    2nd (Fri)

LCD soundsystem
    Not listed
    2nd (Fri) & 4th (Sun)
    BIT: 28th Aug California & Missouri Sept 11th

Noel gallaghers HFB
    2nd (Fri) "Date TBC"
    Not listed
    Website: says playing Singleton Park, Wales 2nd (Fri) & Festival Number 6 wales 4th (Sun)

The Chemical Bros
    2nd (Fri)
    2nd (Fri)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Fri:
    New order

Sat:
    NGHFB
    The chemical bros

Sun:
    Lana Del Ray
    LCD soundsystem

This would also be what I would like to see. Todd Terje is another big one I'm looking forward to seeing, he has been announced for Ministry of Sound in London on the Sat so he will be Friday or Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement