Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

tonto123 wrote: »
    im staying in the pink moon this year is it really worth it yeah?

It is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Do they have that service at EP where you can buy a slab of cans in advance and pick it up inside?

Yeah they do. Think it's located in the Jimi hendrix campsite. You will pay well over the odds for what you would pay in the office licence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Do they have that service at EP where you can buy a slab of cans in advance and pick it up inside?

Yep will probably be up online at some point, but yeah you can order a case online and pick it up at the festival site.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

andreac wrote: »
    Yeah they do. Think it's located in the Jimi hendrix campsite. You will pay well over the odds for what you would pay in the office licence though.

I'll check out the prices but I don't mind paying a bit more, within reason, if it means I don't have to carry a slab with me while I'm queuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any problems bringing in your own beer or glass bottles of rum etc?

• Advertisement

Any problems bringing in your own beer or glass bottles of rum etc?

Nope, you can bring a case of 48 cans as far as I could remember but all glass bottles have to be decanted, same rules as any other festival.

Would like to see Richie Hawtin added to the RBMA line up if its happening, he hasn't played since 2012.

Edit: And the fcuker is in Brazil on 2nd and 3rd September so there goes that suggestion out the window.

Nope, you can bring a case of 48 cans as far as I could remember but all glass bottles have to be decanted, same rules as any other festival.

I mean into the campsite not the festival grounds, have vague recollections of pouring my spirits into a plastic bottle before going into the main grounds on the way from the campsite.
    Wasn't searched coming in though security at the entrance, was I not meant to bring in bottles of vodka etc to campsite?

I mean into the campsite not the festival grounds, have vague recollections of pouring my spirits into a plastic bottle before going into the main grounds on the way from the campsite.
    Wasn't searched coming in though security at the entrance, was I not meant to bring in bottles of vodka etc to campsite?

Yeah campsite was what I meant, did you ever see someone take 48 cans into the main arena. :pac:

Yeah campsite was what I meant, did you ever see someone take 48 cans into the main arena. :pac:

No but my 2 litre of cokes* never raised suspicion. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

OhHiMark wrote:

A group of us went last year and we all chipped in on one of those foldable trolleys from lidl. I think we only paid 4 euro each. And we carried in 4 slabs of 24's. And you can use it again next year. If I remember correctly the slab to buy on site was crazy expensive.

So what stage do you reckon Daniel Avery will be on come the festival, will he get the Hopkins slot at the Rankin or do you reckon he might be a Little Big tent or RBMA act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

OhHiMark wrote:

A group of us went last year and we all chipped in on one of those foldable trolleys from lidl. I think we only paid 4 euro each. And we carried in 4 slabs of 24's. And you can use it again next year. If I remember correctly the slab to buy on site was crazy expensive.

I think its about 60 for a slab when you buy it in the camp site, totally not worth that

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I think its about 60 for a slab when you buy it in the camp site, totally not worth that

Especially with Supervalu within 10 minutes from the festival site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Especially with Supervalu within 10 minutes from the festival site.

The only thing about that is people, like myself, land in their cars and park up, head straight to the sight and crack open the cans. I wouldn't fancy trying to head back out of site and find supervalu.

Ezra Furman really growing on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

One advantage of a slightly less than stellar line up is that it has encouraged me to look beyond the few big names to check out some of the other lesser known artists on the list. I've come to the conclusion that this is going to be a cracking festival. Thought ye should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Spudgunn

See couldn't see anywhere that there's a bar in pinkmoon? Is it open late?
    You can bring your own beer to the bar once it's closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Donna McCaul (re - Your A Star Eurovision) and her band have been added to the line up for EP. I KID U NOT! There's the calibre of you mid-tier announcement filler for this year folks! Just spotted it in the facebook news feed from a friend of a friends comments:

https://www.facebook.com/weekendcelebrityla/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

deeceemee wrote: »
    Donna McCaul (re - Your A Star Eurovision) and her band have been added to the line up for EP. I KID U NOT! There's the calibre of you mid-tier announcement filler for this year folks! Just spotted it in the facebook news feed from a friend of a friends comments:

https://www.facebook.com/weekendcelebrityla/?fref=ts

Doubt very much they are on main lineup, probably Jerry Fish, Trailer Park or Salty Dog filler, same happens every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭the_gommes

Doubt very much they are on main lineup, probably Jerry Fish, Trailer Park or Salty Dog filler, same happens every year

Yeah, given that they're a covers band, I'd imagine they'll be playing in one of the food tents or sideshows, they probably won't even be listed on the lineup.

It will be mightily interesting to see what calibrate of acts get added on in the next few weeks though!

Does she have her own music?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KaTEA

So, for my birthday this year, I got a EP16 ticket as I attended last year and loved it!! And the plan was that my friends and I would all go together before we headed off to college.
    But, only one other friend got a ticket, and the others just decided to not bother... after we had already got our tickets. Myself and the other friend are not as close as we used to be, but I thought it would be fine, and we'll go none the less.
    Today, I message the friend to start getting down to business, and she tells me she's "im going with a group of my friends ". No mention of me. I wouldn't mind if she went with her friends but also tagged me along, but now i feel like she has just abandoned me, and I have no one to go with.
    I could sell the ticket, but it was my birthday present, and it's not like I can just make a closer friend buy a ticket now, seeing as they're like E300 or more.

Any advice???

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Does she have her own music?

Quick you tube search found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF8eaUhZAyc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

why not throw out a general enquiry on your Facebook page and see who of your extended group of friends are going. Maybe you'll pick up a new posse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

You only need one other person to have a blast, I've been a load of times, in later years with a huge group. There's a lot to be said for how much less hassle it is with a small gang of two or three people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

https://twitter.com/OhWonderMusic/status/760167045464031236

Oh Wonder announcing their final batch of shows of this album cycle tomorrow and they are playing a festival in the UK the weekend of EP. Might be in for a shout?`

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

The only thing about that is people, like myself, land in their cars and park up, head straight to the sight and crack open the cans. I wouldn't fancy trying to head back out of site and find supervalu.

Or people who arrive down on buses don't want to be horsing a slab or two along with them.

€50 per slab isn't supermarket cheap but it's not outrageous either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KaTEA

**UPDATE**

A friend of my cousin said I can join their troop :)
    Thanks for the advice lads, bring on the sesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Hoping for a main lineup announcement today, it would be perfect timing after the bank holiday weekend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement