Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

It would definitely hurt early sales for next year if this years lineup is not improved to a reasonable degree.

I suspect that we have seen the end of the loyalty tickets though. This was introduced during the recession years to boost early sales .. there is clearly no need for that anymore as the festival will sell out anyway, sooner or later.

I think you might be right about the loyalty tickets coming to an end sooner or later.

Although judging by the overall reaction to the lineup if they did away with loyalty for next year there could be a big drop off in ticket sales.

They might just offer them for a period of a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

why on earth would they need/care about a "bounce" 5 weeks before 2017 tickets go onsale? :confused:

It would definitely hurt early sales for next year if this years lineup is not improved to a reasonable degree.

For the same reason, if there isn't a further announcement I can see a huge influx of tickets on done deal (and the like) for pretty much face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I don't think they will remove the loyalty scheme altogether, but I think they will limit the amount of tickets available, so rather than leaving the scheme open for a month or two, they will release a few thousand tickets first come first serve and when they are gone they say Loyalty scheme is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I don't think they will remove the loyalty scheme altogether, but I think they will limit the amount of tickets available, so rather than leaving the scheme open for a month or two, they will release a few thousand tickets first come first serve and when they are gone they say Loyalty scheme is sold out.

Knowing the way they usually make a balls of sending out the Loyalty codes that would create a huge ****storm for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Fatfrog wrote: »
    For the same reason, if there isn't a further announcement I can see a huge influx of tickets on done deal (and the like) for pretty much face value.

I hope there's a few tickets floating around soon for much less than the €300/€310 I've been seeing. Scouring the net for a ticket for a friend the past few weeks and it's not looking good. Toutless is pretty much a waste of time at the mo, will have to wait it out for a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Fatfrog wrote: »

donedeal .. where assholes sell their asshole wares.

YzFnb3H.png

... cheeky bugger !

here's another

WrTQ7RQ.png

Now i would like a campervan ticket .. but there is no way i am spending more than 100 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,715 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Now i would like a campervan ticket .. but there is no way i am spending more than 100 on it.

you should keep an eye on the E.P. facebook page - I saw someone 2 days ago looking to shift theirs.. just a thought

Only reason I would disagree here is that there is no way to spin the removal of a loyalty offer as anything other than a money-grabbing exercise. It would be pretty bad for EP's brand image - they have always been seen to be a festival that looks after its audience (or at least tries to) and removing the option of a loyalty scheme would be a real kick in the teeth to that audience.

Here, I will spin that for you:
    "Due to ever increasing costs and the large administrative overhead of managing our loyalty scheme in recent years, we regret to announce .. "
    .. - they have always been seen used to be a festival that looks after its audience ...

FTFY

... I really am a miserable cnut today .. I'll shut up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

That comedy line up is a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It's the fact the loyalty tickets are so cheap that people buy them so early.
    €150 €160 €165, in 3 installments is a no-brainer, as they're easy to sell off if the line-up doesn't appeal.

If tickets are released the week after EP'16 as we expect, but are the regular €240 price, the interest will drop off, or people will put it on the long finger.
    Similarly if there are only 1000 or so tickets.

They need to have cash coming in, and keep demand high.
    Loyalty tickets will probably rise by a fiver, but will continue to be available for the foreseeable.

• Advertisement

I can't see them doing away with completely but nothing to stop them increasing the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

They could switch to the same pricing structure as Body and Soul use, which is horrendous.

btw, the Body & Soul playlist is ace (on Spotify).

btw, the Body & Soul playlist is ace (on Spotify).

Can you send a link please, I know it was posted a while back but CBA trying to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    There's definitely room for them. Squeeze also, but I'd prefer them in a tent. Insufficient 80s acts on that line-up, only New Order thus far. Could also do with a post-punk act too. We've had Magazine & Gang of Four, what about Wire or The Pop Group?

I still reckon it'll be Echo & the Bunnymen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

admittedly not familiar with a lot of the names on the line-up, any recommendations for any DJs/music that would be similar style of Flume, Tourist, Kaytranada?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Synode wrote: »
    Because some people mightn't be so quick to get 2017 early bird tickets if the lineup for 2016 doesn't improve a bit
    i meant the timing of it. any supposed bounce from the next announcement will be long forgotten by the time 2017 tickets go onsale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

i meant the timing of it. any supposed bounce from the next announcement will be long forgotten by the time 2017 tickets go onsale.

Long forgotten in 5 weeks time (didn't the early birds for 2016 go on sale immediatley after last year's gig)? The point was, people might not be as quick to buy an early bird unless the lineup for this year improves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Well since a few 80's bands are mentioned , why not thrown in Tears For Fears, according to reviews they played a cracking set at Newmarket at the weekend. Their rescheduled dates leaves plenty of time for them to make an appearance and also to those sensitive heads, it might be only occassion that you'll hear "Creep" been played at the festival this year :p

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    you should keep an eye on the E.P. facebook page - I saw someone 2 days ago looking to shift theirs.. just a thought

Thank you so much for this .. I hunted that post down ... looks like I am sorted .. proper price also .. face value!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,715 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Thank you so much for this .. I hunted that post down ... looks like I am sorted .. proper price also .. face value!

Nice one - delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Some optimism required here, so for my tuppence worth I reckon we're in for a fair few decent acts, possibly the best EP third announcement thus far. Based on nothing factual, just the perceived gaps in the line-up as well as the obvious big bounce the festival would get from a decent announcement so close to the sale of tickets for 2017 (only five weeks til they become available I reckon). Feel free to give me abuse if I'm wrong and The Blizzards & Coronas get announced again.

Blizzards have already self announced :pac:
    Oh joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Stillill42

This is the bit I like best. When the usual hoo-ha about how brutal the line-up has turned in to a resigned indignation and people are trawling the margins for stuff they've never heard of and starting to get excited about fiddle players from Ontario or some bloke from Leitrim they've never got round to checking out before. Lots of stuff really growing on me now, Ezra Furman, Margaret Glaspy, Avett Brothers, listening to the Shins all day, revisiting Broken Social Scene....sure it's going to be great. And Dylan Moran to top it all off! God's in his heaven and all's right with the world.

This is the bit I like best. When the usual hoo-ha about how brutal the line-up is has turned in to a resigned indignation and people are trawling the margins for stuff they've never heard of and starting to get excited about fiddle players from Ontario or some bloke from Leitrim they've never got round to checking out before. Lots of stuff really growing on me now, Ezra Furman, Margaret Glaspy, Avett Brothers, listening to the Shins all day, revisiting Broken Social Scene....sure it's going to be great. And Dylan Moran to top it all off! God's in his heaven and all's right with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Stillill42 wrote: »
    This is the bit I like best. When the usual hoo-ha about how brutal the line-up has turned in to a resigned indignation and people are trawling the margins for stuff they've never heard of and starting to get excited about fiddle players from Ontario or some bloke from Leitrim they've never got round to checking out before. Lots of stuff really growing on me now, Ezra Furman, Margaret Glaspy, Avett Brothers, listening to the Shins all day, revisiting Broken Social Scene....sure it's going to be great. And Dylan Moran to top it all off! God's in his heaven and all's right with the world.

Brilliant first post.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

nd second. You can see how much I'm feeling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

alastair wrote: »
    There's definitely room for them. Squeeze also, but I'd prefer them in a tent. Insufficient 80s acts on that line-up, only New Order thus far. Could also do with a post-punk act too. We've had Magazine & Gang of Four, what about Wire or The Pop Group?

I still reckon it'll be Echo & the Bunnymen.
    Lightning Seeds are another possibility, playing Festivals all Summer and up to late September. I'd be happy with them. But no Three Lions please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I'm still holding out for M83 to be added

this is the most likely act if any big names are be added, IMO. they've a gap in their tour schedule and they seem like a perfect EP band

if they're added... i'd have to be try buy back my tickets or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Dylan Moran is going to clash with LCD isn't he. I just know it. Oh how I will cry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement