Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Dylan Moran is going to clash with LCD isn't he. I just know it. Oh how I will cry.

comedy tent is usually over by 9 or 10 I think? LCD probably won't be on until about 11 or 12 assuming they're on Saturday after Noel Gallagher, which seems the most likely...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

comedy tent is usually over by 9 or 10 I think? LCD probably won't be on until about 11 or 12 assuming they're on Saturday after Noel Gallagher, which seems the most likely...

I'm going to hope you are correct. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Well since a few 80's bands are mentioned , why not thrown in Tears For Fears, according to reviews they played a cracking set at Newmarket at the weekend. Their rescheduled dates leaves plenty of time for them to make an appearance and also to those sensitive heads, it might be only occassion that you'll hear "Creep" been played at the festival this year :p
    Ah man, that would entirely make my festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Dylan Moran is going to clash with LCD isn't he. I just know it. Oh how I will cry.

The last time he played in 2013 he clashed with David Byrne & St Vincent, it was a pain to have to skip him but definitely the right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The last time he played in 2013 he clashed with David Byrne & St Vincent, it was a pain to have to skip him but definitely the right choice.

Most enjoyable set of the last 5 years for me. Annie and David that is.

• Advertisement

The agonisingly long drawn out state of the announcements has been a pain in the arse and i'd really like just 1 more must-see in the last announcement but so far on the list of acts i want to see is:

LCD Soundsystem
    Super Furry Animals
    Ezra Furman x2
    Nas
    Daniel Avery(thanks to Bohrandude!)
    New Order
    The Shins
    Todd Terje
    Wolf Alice
    Bat for Lashes
    Animal Collective
    Savages
    Wild Beasts
    Toots & Maytals
    Pantha du Prince
    Phospherescent
    Local Natives

and new entry, Irish band Overhead the Albatross who i think might go down a treat in B&S:

Not to mention other acts i don't know much about but might be interesting to see, as well as the likes of Donal Dineen & Mother DJ's.

Decent weather and that's a great weekend of music, although I get the feeling Sunday might be seriously clashtastic.

Stillill42 wrote: »

Agreed, it was incredible. Would probably be in my top 3 EP gigs ever.

Along with this:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'm still holding out hope for Soulwax getting added as they've just started touring a new live setup. Come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Yeah well in advance i'd say, it'll be mobbed.

• Advertisement

The agonisingly long drawn out state of the announcements has been a pain in the arse and i'd really like just 1 more must-see in the last announcement but so far on the list of acts i want to see is:

LCD Soundsystem
    Super Furry Animals
    Ezra Furman x2
    Nas
    Daniel Avery(thanks to Bohrandude!)
    New Order
    The Shins
    Todd Terje
    Wolf Alice
    Bat for Lashes
    Animal Collective
    Savages
    Wild Beasts
    Toots & Maytals
    Pantha du Prince
    Phospherescent
    Local Natives
    Great list. I'll be catching most of those plus Karl Blau, Whitney, Blossoms, Nao and Lana Del Rey. It's pretty diverse as ever and already enough for me but another couple of goodies wouldn't go amiss.

Stillill42 wrote: »

Along with this:

And I know it's obvious, but this also. The greatest possible start to my Picnic-going. Can't believe I missed the Beasties (not one but two sets!). Was in the tent before that set for The Go Team but then left???? Can't remember who for, but whoever it was it wasn't clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

MJohnston wrote: »
    I'm still holding out hope for Soulwax getting added as they've just started touring a new live setup. Come on!

That would be class , I havnt seen them play as soulwax in must be about 10 years

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And I know it's obvious, but this also. The greatest possible start to the Picnic-going. Can't believe I missed the Beasties (not one but two sets!). Was in the tent before that set for The Go Team but then left???? Can't remember who for, but whoever it was it wasn't clever.

I missed that Arcade Fire gig, as i was too busy digging into some festival stimulants as my mate was bugging me to head up to see them(i hadn't really got in to them at that stage).

He eventually went himself and i ended up catching the last half from outside the tent. By all accounts it was mindblowing.

That would be class , I havnt seen them play as soulwax in must be about 10 years

Same here, don't think i've seen them since EP 2005. They'd be a great addition

And I know it's obvious, but this also. The greatest possible start to my Picnic-going. Can't believe I missed the Beasties (not one but two sets!). Was in the tent before that set for The Go Team but then left???? Can't remember who for, but whoever it was it wasn't clever.

Did you know the Beastie's were playing, they were listed as Special Guests officially for that timespot on the festival gear.

And I know it's obvious, but this also. The greatest possible start to the Picnic-going. Can't believe I missed the Beasties (not one but two sets!). Was in the tent before that set for The Go Team but then left???? Can't remember who for, but whoever it was it wasn't clever.

I missed that Arcade Fire gig, as i was too busy digging into some festival stimulants as my mate was bugging me to head up to see them(i hadn't really got in to them at that stage).

He eventually went himself and i ended up catching the last half from outside the tent. By all accounts it was mindblowing.
    It was. I think they were completely overwhelmed by the response. Having eight thousand people singing back every word of every track from an album that hadn't really taken off yet must have been puzzling. And euphoric. After that gig they said they knew they were about to make it.
    But to make up for that I missed my only chance to ever see the Beasties!!

Did you know the Beastie's were playing, they were listed as Special Guests officially for that timespot on the festival gear.
    Yeah, I knew they were on after The Go Team. I can't remember how I knew though. I've just checked the stage times online and worked out that I popped into the Electric Arena between The Stooges & Primal Scream. I like PS, but why did I miss the Beasties for them??? And I'm pretty sure they did another acoustic set elsewhere, but not sure where that was. Do I remember correctly?

Yeah, I knew they were on after The Go Team. I can't remember how I knew though. I've just checked the stage times online and I popped into the Electric Arena between The Stooges & Primal Scream. I like PS, but why did I miss the Beasties for them??? And I'm pretty sure they did another acoustic set elsewhere, but not sure where that was. Do I remember correctly?

Yeah they played after the Go Team. They played in the Electric Arena on Saturday & Sunday. The 'acoustic' set was more of an instrumental set although it did have a fair few classics in there too. I actually think that Sabotage video is from the 'acoustic' set.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

this is the most likely act if any big names are be added, IMO. they've a gap in their tour schedule and they seem like a perfect EP band

if they're added... i'd have to be try buy back my tickets or something!

People have been crying out for M83 and mike snow for that matter for the last 4 years.

• Advertisement

no chance,comedy tent will be finished just before the lcd set

Along with this:

beastie boys and erasure,best 2and a half hours i spent at electric picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah they played after the Go Team. They played in the Electric Arena on Saturday & Sunday. The 'acoustic' set was more of an instrumental set although it did have a fair few classics in there too. I actually think that Sabotage video is from the 'acoustic' set.

It was just by luck I ran into the Electric Arena as the clouds burst for the only time that weekend and it was an hour and a half of serious downpour, Beastie Boys were just starting up their second Sunday set which was amazing and not as jammers as the day before. I ended up leaving the Saturday one before it started as it was starting to get dangerously crowded, it was the Little Big Tent for the first gig so an awful lot smaller than the EA. I split for the Chems at the main stage who were brilliant.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

It was just by luck I ran into the Electric Arena as the clouds burst for the only time that weekend and it was an hour and a half of serious downpour, Beastie Boys were just starting up their second Sunday set which was amazing and not as jammers as the day before. I ended up leaving the Saturday one before it started as it was starting to get dangerously crowded, it was the Little Big Tent for the first gig so an awful lot smaller than the EA. I split for the Chems at the main stage who were brilliant.

Was it the Cosby yeah? In my head both were in Electric Arena but there were many reasons why my memory might be a bit fuzzy!

Who's on your hitlist this year Bodhrandude?

Was it the Cosby yeah? In my head both were in Electric Arena but there were many reasons why my memory might be a bit fuzzy!

More or less that same list from the last few previous posts, I have at least 15 or 16 must sees so doing alright there. No, I have an audio of the Beastie's Saturday gig and the announcer mentions the venue as the LBT and that the audience outside the tent rimming the marquee looked like the egg white of a fried egg, basically there was about five or six rows of people standing around the outside perimeter of the tent. The DJ actually doesn't actually mention the LBT but I can remember it clearly.

Amazing what a couple of beers will do.

I'm now pretty certain we're gonna get Iggy Pop, Patti Smith, Soulwax, Suede, Air & John Carpenter in the next announcement.

Imagine how well this would go down in the Electric Arena:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yea bit hazy myself but I would have said it was Crawdaddy. Left for a pee, to my horror on the way back in I was told by security it was too packed, had to stand outside! It just wasn't the same from out there, terrible sound!! It got fairly frustrating as they weren't allowing anyone back in at all for a period of time, there was clearly ample room building inside. (This was the first and last time I'd seen this kind of restriction at a festival.)

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yea bit hazy myself but I would have said it was Crawdaddy. Left for a pee, to my horror on the way back in I was told by security it was too packed, had to stand outside! It just wasn't the same from out there, terrible sound!! It got fairly frustrating as they weren't allowing anyone back in at there was clearly ample room building inside. (This was the first and last time I'd seen this kind of restriction at a festival.)

They had that in place for Richie Hawtin's gig at the Little Big Tent in 2012, two in two out policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yea bit hazy myself but I would have said it was Crawdaddy. Left for a pee, to my horror on the way back in I was told by security it was too packed, had to stand outside! It just wasn't the same from out there, terrible sound!! It got fairly frustrating as they weren't allowing anyone back in at there was clearly ample room building inside. (This was the first and last time I'd seen this kind of restriction at a festival.)

They had that in place for Richie Hawtin's gig at the Little Big Tent in 2012, two in two out policy.

Really!! Haven't see it since then even at the busiest of arenas.
    I just presumed the tents max capacity is was what ever fits in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Glass Animals have become one of my favourite bands after their set on in the Little Big Tent and Body & Soul 2 years ago. Looking forward to catching them again particularly with the new album out this month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement