Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

They had that in place for Richie Hawtin's gig at the Little Big Tent in 2012, two in two out policy.

It was a bit manic there. People trying to hop the gate to get into Ritchie while getting tackled to the ground by security.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

LCD
    New Order
    Shins
    SFA
    Bat For Lashes
    Avett Brothers
    Wild Beasts
    Savages
    Toots
    Shít Robot
    This is the Kit

If I get to them i'll be happy.

Clashes etc considered, i'd be happy to see
    Pumarosa
    Daniel Avery
    Hercules
    Blossoms
    Editors
    Kevin Morby
    Booka Brass

Absolutely cannot wait to see these Hun, xxooxx
    Lana
    Noely G
    Years & Years
    Gavin James
    Catpish
    Glass Animals
    Cocktail Cocktail
    E-Lites
    Electric Ireland tent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I missed that Arcade Fire gig, as i was too busy digging into some festival stimulants as my mate was bugging me to head up to see them(i hadn't really got in to them at that stage).

He eventually went himself and i ended up catching the last half from outside the tent. By all accounts it was mindblowing.

Was at both Beasties shows and Arcade Fire. The Sunday show in particular from the BBoys criminally underrated. Their last show in Ireland? Less than 50 shows (?) in total from them after this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Lana
    Noely G
    Years & Years
    Gavin James
    Catpish
    Glass Animals
    Cocktail Cocktail
    E-Lites
    Electric Ireland tent
    Fair amount of middle of the road muck to keep the young uns happy all right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Lana
    Noely G
    Years & Years
    Gavin James
    Catpish
    Glass Animals
    Cocktail Cocktail
    E-Lites
    Electric Ireland tent
    Fair amount of middle of the road muck to keep the young uns happy all right
    Some horrors there, but do you really believe that Lana Del Ray, Noel Gallagher & Glass Animals deserve inclusion?

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Some horrors there, but do you really believe that Lana Del Ray, Noel Gallagher & Glass Animals deserve inclusion?

Personally, yes.
    I get that they're popular and catchy, but I just don't like them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Harsh on Glass Animals all right

I just double checked with Miley. Turns out I was right.
    70349225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Personally, yes.

Noel Gallagher, really???
    Ive been to a few of his gigs and the crowds are not "full of huns"

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Same here , they were great gigs , good crowds . Can Hardly compare Noel with the likes of 1975 scower

• Advertisement

Same here , they were great gigs , good crowds . Can Hardly compare Noel with the likes of 1975 scower

Hope ye hv a gr8 time huns xox

Only joking with the above lads! but I think they're ****e, grand if ye don't.
    ok, I take back the huns at NG concerts.
    TBH, I wasn't expecting my post to be scrutinized.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Genuinely shocked at the hammering Catfish & The Bottlmen are taking on this thread. Always assumed they'd be popular with others, since they are with me. Maybe I should be thinking about them as more of a guilty pleasure...

Whatever about them though, how someone can lump Glass Animals and Noel Gallagher in with the likes of The 1975 and Years & Years is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Hope ye hv a gr8 time huns xox

Only joking with the above lads! but I think they're ****e, grand if ye don't.
    ok, I take back the huns at NG concerts.
    TBH, I wasn't expecting my post to be scrutinized.

Totes over the top if you ask me.
    Xoxo

Personally, yes.
    Fair enough. I just think that Glass Animals are comparable to Alt-J and were excellent at EP a couple of years back, Noel has a few tunes and LDR gets unfairly lumped in with more bland mainstream acts. But each to their own. Enjoy the fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fair enough. I just think that Glass Animals are comparable to Alt-J and were excellent at EP a couple of years back, Noel has a few tunes and LDR gets unfairly lumped in with more bland mainstream acts. But each to their own. Enjoy the fest.

You'd hope they learn from their lesson with Glass Animals two years ago. Crawdaddy stage I think - showed up shortly after they started and couldn't get near the place. Massive crowd. Saw them at Longitude last year and they were decent but the sound was a bit all over the shop so I couldn't really hear any vocals at times. Not a patch on Alt-J, who were absolutely superb the same day.

And, despite the nay-sayers, I've seen Noel Gallagher live and he's consistently excellent. I'm not a major fan of his music but if he wasn't clashing with someone I'd have no issue heading along.

Lana Del Ray, though, I think is dreadful. Each to their own, but I think she offers very little of interest in a musical sense. And I've seen more than one clip where she sounds off-key, uninterested... No doubt she'll get a huge crowd though.

You'd hope they learn from their lesson with Glass Animals two years ago. Crawdaddy stage I think - showed up shortly after they started and couldn't get near the place. Massive crowd. Saw them at Longitude last year and they were decent but the sound was a bit all over the shop so I couldn't really hear any vocals at times. Not a patch on Alt-J, who were absolutely superb the same day.

And, despite the nay-sayers, I've seen Noel Gallagher live and he's consistently excellent. I'm not a major fan of his music but if he wasn't clashing with someone I'd have no issue heading along.

Lana Del Ray, though, I think is dreadful. Each to their own, but I think she offers very little of interest in a musical sense. And I've seen more than one clip where she sounds off-key, uninterested... No doubt she'll get a huge crowd though.
    LDR I think has 4/5 great tracks. I expect her to be on Sun late afternoon/early evening with possibly no serious clashes. The Glasto set from 2 years ago looked great and yeah, she looks disinterested but maybe that's her style. Shirley Bassey she ain't. She could be a major letdown but for me she's worth checking out. Full feedback on 5 September.

And why have we never had Alt-J at EP? A perfect fit methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Fatfrog wrote: »

Pretty much the same as last year so. Could even have recycled the press release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

LDR I think has 4/5 great tracks. I expect her to be on Sun late afternoon/early evening with possibly no serious clashes. The Glasto set from 2 years ago looked great and yeah, she looks disinterested but maybe that's her style. Shirley Bassey she ain't. She could be a major letdown but for me she's worth checking out. Full feedback on 5 September.

Given her position in the line up i'd surprised if she isnt top two main stage on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

You'd hope they learn from their lesson with Glass Animals two years ago. Crawdaddy stage I think - showed up shortly after they started and couldn't get near the place. Massive crowd. ...

There was plenty of room inside IIRC. Thought they were great that day, not quite as good later on in B&S. Don't recall there being many selfie/facebook generations there. Maybe their demographic has changed since. I can understand how some might find them a bit lightweight, but I for one think they are a damn good band.

• Advertisement

Agree with Pablo - I'd say LDR will take the slot that Sam Smith had last year, or possibly the same time on Sunday. She's a big draw for a lot of people - the very same huns who will love the 1975, Years & Years, etc. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see that as a run - Jack Garrett, Gavin James, Years & Years, the 1975 and LDR. Pop fodder that will keep a large segment of the audience very very happy.

With Alt-J, I presume it's just a matter of timing. They've been in Ireland often enough too, Longitude and the 3Arena in the last 2/3 years. Brilliant band, well worth catching live.

There was plenty of room inside IIRC. Thought they were great that day, not quite as good later on in B&S. Don't recall there being many selfie/facebook generations there. Maybe their demographic has changed since. I can understand how some might find them a bit lightweight, but I for one think they are a damn good band.

Really? Balls.

I arrived maybe 5/10 minutes after they started and the closest I could get was to be practically in line with the stage on the very edge of the tent.

I guess the crowd clustered around the edge.

Re: the selfie gen - are Glass Animals that popular a band? I know quite a few people that like them, I guess, I just never thought of them as a radio or pop band, just a lightweight Alt-J!

Agree with Pablo - I'd say LDR will take the slot that Sam Smith had last year, or possibly the same time on Sunday. She's a big draw for a lot of people - the very same huns who will love the 1975, Years & Years, etc. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see that as a run - Jack Garrett, Gavin James, Years & Years, the 1975 and LDR. Pop fodder that will keep a large segment of the audience very very happy.

With Alt-J, I presume it's just a matter of timing. They've been in Ireland often enough too, Longitude and the 3Arena in the last 2/3 years. Brilliant band, well worth catching live.
    Yeah, you're probably right about the slot. And definitely right about the people who'll go to see her. But for me she's on a level way above the rest mentioned and I'm hoping she'll demonstrate that next month. If she doesn't she's guaranteed a slating here the next morning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah leave poor Jack out of that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Trailer Park announced http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/trailer-park-rolls-stradbally
    CC Brez, Stomptown Brass, The High Hopes Choir and more set to play Trailer Park.
    There is just under a month to go until the dystopian mobiletropolis of Trailer Park sets up home on Stradbally Estate with 30 miniature stages and creations stuffed into caravans, horseboxes, mobile homes, shipping containers and repurposed vehicles.

The Mobile Home Stage is the anchor of the futuristic retro-town, with performances from party people Attention Bébé, Le Freak, Spudgun and Manden Express to keep you dancing throughout the weekend. Also appearing are Dublin rapsters Costello and Lethal Dialect, the 57-strong Dublin Ukulele Collective, Dublin nine-piece brass band Stomptown Brass, the inspirational High Hopes Choir and fiddle-wielder Aindrias de Staic and The Lacthikos. Some of the big hitters for the stage over the weekend include CC Brez, Mutefish, Paddy Dennehy & The Red Herring and Zaska.

Jimmie Lee's Juke Joint will provide authentic deep south USA vibes with gumbo and cornbread being served on the deck to the sounds of Old Hannah, Moonlookson, Oki's Wagon and many more. Meanwhile, Cathy Davey's My Lovely Ranch will play host to our nationwide 'A Rubbish Song For Europe' contest. Cathy and Neil Hannon are looking for a successor to the song 'My Lovely Horse' and will be joined by some of the cast from 'Father Ted' as 15 hopefuls grace the stage to see if they have what it takes!

Trailer Park is home to a streetscape of interactive caravans which will see the return of Picnic favourites The Incredible De-Programming Machine, The Bus That Fell From Earth, Car-Au-Vin, Lord Ganesh's Ladder and The Redbeck Wedding. Joining them will be nine brand new wacky inventions to keep you entertained throughout the weekend, including, Tow-Ho-Ho, To Let which is a 360-degree estate agent experience, a Brazilian turban-making service at Tubante, Pompavan - the world's smallest pom-pom factory and much more!

There is no sense to the Trailer Park community: it’s an artistic haven, a camp with a love of the ridiculous, and it is the place to spend time if you want laughter in your weekend.

FIND OUT MORE

Edit: Apologies, missed Fatfrog's post earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Pretty much the same as last year so. Could even have recycled the press release.

Just happy to have both Booka and Stomptown playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Fatfrog wrote: »

I worked with your man Costello a few years back. Lovely guy and very good rapper. Will definitely be checking him out

Well with one more main stage announcement... :cool:

Nah would love to see them again but the're not touring at the minute. Hopefully we'll see a new album within the next 9 months and we'll see them at next year's picnic. Would they be big enough to headline do yous think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

So, Jerry Fish tomorrow, presumably nothing Friday, Salty Dog on Monday, Then Electric Ireland or some such on Tuesday and main stage Wed or Thursday of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

So, Jerry Fish tomorrow, presumably nothing Friday, Salty Dog on Monday, Then Electric Ireland or some such on Tuesday and main stage Wed or Thursday of next week

Red bull tent ?

Hope the main stage announcement is tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement