Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

BOHtox wrote: »
    I worked with your man Costello a few years back. Lovely guy and very good rapper. Will definitely be checking him out

Well with one more main stage announcement... :cool:

Nah would love to see them again but the're not touring at the minute. Hopefully we'll see a new album within the next 9 months and we'll see them at next year's picnic. Would they be big enough to headline do yous think?

The headlined the Saturday of Longitude last year so you'd think with one more album under their belt they might do.

I'd put them in that bracket of 'nearly big enough' with Foals and Tame Impala. If they headline, you expect at least one headliner to be bigger (Blur or something!) but they'd probably do a killer job.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Hi, how strict is pink moon for checking wristbands? The girlfriend picked up a ticket but a lot of her friends are in pink moon. Will she be able to go in and hangout with them during the day or will it have to be a case of them come out to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

They are very strict thankfully. Means a lot less messing in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The talk of Soulwax, Madness and M83 would be the dream! Would love for any one of them to be added and if all 3 were I would be delighted, bracing myself for the worst though and not expecting any to be added. Soulwax seem to be playing in Barcelona on the Friday and Ibiza on the Sunday so I would say chances of them coming to EP on the Saturday are slim. M83 have a nice big gap in their touring schedule and have been touring Europe this summer without an Irish date but I refuse to get my hopes up on them after watching them at Glastonbury. I would think Madness are most likely of the 3, they are playing a festival in Belgium that weekend but presumably free 2 of the 3 days? There is a massive gap in the EP line up for a retro main stage act.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The talk of Soulwax, Madness and M83 would be the dream! Would love for any one of them to be added and if all 3 were I would be delighted, bracing myself for the worst though and not expecting any to be added. Soulwax seem to be playing in Barcelona on the Friday and Ibiza on the Sunday so I would say chances of them coming to EP on the Saturday are slim. M83 have a nice big gap in their touring schedule and have been touring Europe this summer without an Irish date but I refuse to get my hopes up on them after watching them at Glastonbury. I would think Madness are most likely of the 3, they are playing a festival in Belgium that weekend but presumably free 2 of the 3 days? There is a massive gap in the EP line up for a retro main stage act.

Madness playing in the UK on Sunday night so that leaves Saturday which would be perfect, it would be a similar slot to their 2009 appearance, if not Madness, wouldn't mind Moderat who also played their last EP in 2009.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Hi, how strict is pink moon for checking wristbands? The girlfriend picked up a ticket but a lot of her friends are in pink moon. Will she be able to go in and hangout with them during the day or will it have to be a case of them come out to her?

There's zero chance she'll be allowed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Stillill42

All go with the announcements this week, eh? Trenchtown tomorrow, mind-blowing main stage revelations Friday? Too optimistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭the_gommes

Stillill42 wrote: »
    All go with the announcements this week, eh? Trenchtown tomorrow, mind-blowing main stage revelations Friday? Too optimistic?

Trench town was one of the first announcements a few weeks ago, I wouldn't expect anything else to be added to it.

I think it's just Jerry Fish's stage & the salty dog left to be announced now, plus the JAWDROPPING additions to the main lineup of course! ;)

Salty Dog! I mean Salty Dog, of course. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jerry Fish, Salty Dog, RBMA (Possibly LBT stage) and the final main announcements.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Amazing what a couple of beers will do.

I'm now pretty certain we're gonna get Iggy Pop, Patti Smith, Soulwax, Suede, Air & John Carpenter in the next announcement.

Imagine how well this would go down in the Electric Arena:

Carpenter has his own gig in Vicar St. No chance of showing up at the picnic I'm afraid.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/john-carpenter-live-retrospective-dublin-10-25-2016/event/180050AEB5F815F7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Give this a listen it's a band called elephant. Played on the main stage at indiependance, playing body and soul, real talent.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6f6CNCfNHY7Yf1MnCz4c0o

That's the guy from Dundalk, isn't it? Never heard of him before Body and soul announcement but really like the couple of songs I've heard since.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Thats me started checking out music for the festival,been too busy last few months thinking i'd do it the following week. Liking girls names and Nathaniel Ratecliff. Tried SFA but they're not growing on me. They looked deadly at Glasto last year. Gonna give Ezra furman and local Natives a chance. Who else? Looking for bands to grab me into the tents
    On a side note,can't recommend Nicky Siano highly enough. Seen himat a little soul festival last year at a holiday camp,brilliant...and he's a ledge

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Seathrun66 wrote: »

And why have we never had Alt-J at EP? A perfect fit methinks.

Never headlined a major festival either if I'm correct although imagine that'll change with the next record/tour. EP would have made for a perfect starting point in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Brandon flowers just said in his blog that they had new material coming.... is that a chance we might see the killers? Here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

bennyob wrote: »
    Brandon flowers just said in his blog that they had new material coming.... is that a chance we might see the killers? Here's hoping

No chance. Cost too much and probably touring next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

declanleo wrote: »
    Thats me started checking out music for the festival,been too busy last few months thinking i'd do it the following week. Liking girls names and Nathaniel Ratecliff. Tried SFA but they're not growing on me. They looked deadly at Glasto last year. Gonna give Ezra furman and local Natives a chance. Who else? Looking for bands to grab me into the tents
    On a side note,can't recommend Nicky Siano highly enough. Seen himat a little soul festival last year at a holiday camp,brilliant...and he's a ledge

I started something similar a few months back. I'm liking the Avett Brothers, Phospheresence, Meilyr Jones, Dead Heavies, Ezra Furman and Wolf Alice. Saint Sister, Eleanor Friedburger and Aine Cahill too.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

There's zero chance she'll be allowed in.

Thanks for the reply.

They were telling her that it was okay to sneak people in during the day on the Saturday and Sunday but I had my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

Thanks for the reply.

They were telling her that it was okay to sneak people in during the day on the Saturday and Sunday but I had my doubts.

I've never paid for pink moon but I was allowed to go in there during the day time last year (it may have been Friday). In fact, I was able to bring a pint from the main arena into pink moon but then wasn't allowed to bring it back out again after I had checked out my friends hut. I do recall that we wouldn't have been allowed to get in at night time though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks for the reply.

Not a hope she will get in. They are so strict about who goes in. We tried several times to get people in and it was a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I actually think that Sabotage video is from the 'acoustic' set.

Its from the Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Wooderson wrote: »
    Its from the Saturday night.

I was at both of those sets .. bloody brilliant both of them. I cannot remember which set Sabotage was in but I suspect it was the regular set. IIRC the special guests spot was (almost??) entirely the instrumental Mix Up album. I remember bringing someone along who though the beasties were a pile of crap .. she changed her mind.

I was at both of those sets .. bloody brilliant both of them. I cannot remember which set Sabotage was in but I suspect it was the regular set. IIRC the special guests spot was (almost??) entirely the instrumental Mix Up album. I remember bringing someone along who though the beasties were a pile of crap .. she changed her mind.

Sabotage was played at both shows. We were VERY lucky to see these shows.

Beastie Boys Gala Event Sunday 2nd Sept '07.

Son of Neckbone
    Suco de Tangerina
    Live at P.J.'s
    14th St. Break
    Remote Control
    Lighten Up
    Root Down
    Get It Together
    The Gala Event
    Jimmy James
    B for My Name
    Mark on the Bus
    Time for Livin
    Off the Grid
    Ricky's Theme
    Do It
    Heart Attack Man
    Gratitude
    So Whatcha Want (Instrumental)
    Sure Shot
    Sabotage

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I know you don't go to EP to sleep and I'm fine with ambient noise of people chatting / listening to music but last year this foghorn woman kept us awake until near 9am.

I would not like to repeat that experience.

Any tips on finding a reasonably quiet campsite

would Janis Joplin be a good choice??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Charlie/ Eco is decent for a more chilled out vibe and less chance of cowboys knocking about. Janis is similar too.

Earplugs + Ear muffs + Eye mask = Sleep

I usually wake up afternoon well rested! I don't know how most people function on so little sleeps and no ear plugs. I take absolutely no chances whatsoever in that department

-=al=- wrote: »
    Charlie/ Eco is decent for a more chilled out vibe and less chance of cowboys knocking about. Janis is similar too.

Earplugs + Ear muffs + Eye mask = Sleep

I usually wake up afternoon well rested! I don't know how most people function on so little sleeps and no ear plugs. I take absolutely no chances whatsoever in that department

When did they get rid of the "quiet" campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think Janis replaced it a few years ago but not 100% sure

Janis and Chaplin are usually a little more chilled with some slightly older folk so it's probably a good bet for sleeps. Eco is similar too

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

First time camping at a festival. I'm going to Belfast at the weekend and hoping to pick up some things.

What do I need to bring with me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement