Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

milehip wrote: »
    Anyone any Idea what day LCD are playing?

I'd say saturday, looking like friday will be the electric night, saturday a bit indie and sunday family friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'd say saturday, looking like friday will be the electric night, saturday a bit indie and sunday family friendly.

Which roulette wheel are you using!! ;)

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Which roulette wheel are you using!! ;)

Chemicals look like there playing Friday night. Playing UK Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Chemicals look like there playing Friday night. Playing UK Saturday.

NGHFB are playing gigs on Friday and Sunday so he nailed for Saturday

NGHFB are playing gigs on Friday and Sunday so he nailed for Saturday

I don't think LCD are strong enough to headline any night that's why I think there'll be another headliner or backing up Lana or Gallagher. New order probably headline Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

I don't think LCD are strong enough to headline any night that's why I think there'll be another headliner or backing up Lana or Gallagher. New order probably headline Saturday night.

I'd imagine NGHFB will be playing before LCD Soundsystem on the Saturday. They certainly are big enough to headline a night. They wouldn't be the first name on the line up if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yeah, regardless of anyones personal opinions of LCD, EP organisers clearly rate them at the top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Friday:
    Chems

Saturday:
    NGHFB
    New Order

Sunday:
    LCD
    Lana

I'd say the other way round, you might even see LCD early, they've very limited appeal. Not in the same league as the other headliners.

• Advertisement

Friday:
    Chems

Saturday:
    NGHFB
    New Order

Sunday:
    LCD
    Lana

I'd say that's about right. Well hoping it is.

LCD will finish a night or I'll eat my hat. Of course, if new headliners are added, that might change, but right now thats what I'm saying.

MJohnston wrote: »
    LCD will finish a night or I'll eat my hat. Of course, if new headliners are added, that might change, but right now thats what I'm saying.

Sunday night when everyone is burned out, still would a slap in the face to Lana.

Poppy acts like Lana are pretty regularly scheduled to be "early headliners" - Sam Smith before Blur, Paolo Nutini before Portishead and Chic, Lily Allen before Beck and Outkast, The XX before Sigur, etc. Doesn't always hold true (The Killers, Florence and the Machine) but clearly the pop artists have no problem being earlier, and EP have no problem scheduling them earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MJohnston wrote: »

Absolutely. I've no idea how anyone would not consider LCD as headliners. Bigger festivals like Coachella & Primavera did so and it's not even worthy of debate. They'll also probably draw the biggest crowd of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'd say the other way round, you might even see LCD early, they've very limited appeal. Not in the same league as the other headliners.

Are you taking the piss??? They've been headlining festivals all over the world all summer and getting rave reviews but yeah they've a very limited appeal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I think someone just fell into a generation gap

They didn't draw many at T in the park, I don't think it's a generation thing I just don't think there much good. A headliner should have at least 1 number one album, all the rest have bar LCD.

They didn't draw many at T in the park, I don't think it's a generation thing I just don't think there much good. A headliner should have at least 1 number one album, all the rest have bar LCD.

Hahaha so you rate bands based on how may number 1 albums they've had? Ok buddy. They'll probably never have a number 1 album like many many other great bands that have headlined this festival.

T in the Park is like oxegen in its latter years. That crowd would have no interest in LCD and they clashed with Red Hot Chili Peppers.

You may not like them which is fair enough everyone has their owns tastes, but to say that they aren't a good band or don't deserve to headline is nonsense to be honest. They headlined Coachella ffs.

As far as I'm concerned the last act to play the main stage on a given night is the headliner and I just can't see Noel Gallagher not headlining. If he's pencilled in for other gigs on Friday and Sunday he's definitely on the Saturday night at picnic. Which means LCD and Chemical Brothers are playing the other 2 nights?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Hahaha so you rate bands based on how may number 1 albums they've had? Ok buddy. They'll probably never have a number 1 album like many many other great bands that have headlined this festival.

T in the Park is like oxegen in its latter years. That crowd would have no interest in LCD and they clashed with Red Hot Chili Peppers.

You may not like them which is fair enough everyone has their owns tastes, but to say that they aren't a good band or don't deserve to headline is nonsense to be honest. They headlined Coachella ffs.

No but you have to use some kind of a gauge. Chemical Bothers have had 6 number 1 albums, Noel Gallagher will be belting out some Oasis tunes and they have had 7 number 1's, New order 2, Lana Del ray 3 and there's LCD with a big fat 0 hell they don't even have a number 1 single.
    So you could say all of them have earned a headliner slot except LCD. Unless you have a different way of judging?

Why does a scottish crowd have no interest yet an Irish one is meant to love them?

I've seen them live, I just don't get the love. As for the generation thing, there not relevant anymore, were maybe 10 years ago but definitely not headliner material just because they were cool once.

• Advertisement

Id rather gauge them on the quality of their music and their live shows rather than how many number 1 albums they have. I saw them at Glasto, they were great. Justin Biebers had plenty of number 1s so I guess by your reasoning he'd be a more suitable headliner than LCD Soundsystem?

As I said earlier in a point which you convieniently glossed over. T in The Park is like what oxegen was when it died. 17 - 20 year old scumbags who want to listen to Calvin Harris and Avicii. Totally different crowd to EP.

They'll probably draw the biggest crowd of the weekend. But you should consider that a good thing because it means there'll be plenty of space for you at whatever you go to instead of them!

No but you have to use some kind of a gauge. Chemical Bothers have had 6 number 1 albums, Noel Gallagher will be belting out some Oasis tunes and they have had 7 number 1's, New order 2, Lana Del ray 3 and there's LCD with a big fat 0 hell they don't even have a number 1 single.
    So you could say all of them have earned a headliner slot except LCD. Unless you have a different way of judging?

Why does a scottish crowd have no interest yet an Irish one is meant to love them?

I've seen them live, I just don't get the love. As for the generation thing, there not relevant anymore, were maybe 10 years ago but definitely not headliner material just because they were cool once.
    Are we being trolled? Fair enough they're not your thing. But they'll be huge at EP, and I'd be surprised if we weren't referring to them as the act of the weekend come Monday.

Are we being trolled? Fair enough they're not your thing. But they'll be huge at EP, and I'd be surprised if we weren't referring to them as the act of the weekend come Monday.

I don't think were being trolled. He doesn't like them and that's fair enough. But to try and argue that they shouldn't be headlining is rubbish.

In other news, I can't wait to bounce around a field to this!

I don't think were being trolled. He doesn't like them and that's fair enough. But to try and argue that they shouldn't be headlining is rubbish.

Yeah, I get that people don't like them. I don't like Florence & the Machine but I know they're headline material.
    And TT, yes please.

Yea plenty we can probably agree on...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You were obviously not at the Electric Arena when they last played, it was absolutely jammers in much the same way as the Beasties back in 2007.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Yea plenty we can probably agree on...

I'm guessing the irony is intended - what with this being a James Murphy co-production?

alastair wrote: »
    I'm guessing the irony is intended - what with this being a James Murphy co-production?

No Irony intended, didn't even know he was the singer on it until now:(, loved **** robot last time I saw him at EP, was dragged begrudgingly as hadn't heard of him. Was jammers as far as I can remember.

• Advertisement

You were obviously not at the Electric Arena when they last played, it was absolutely jammers in much the same way as the Beasties back in 2007.

They were there in 2007 I think as well, stuck my head in and moved on, could have been clashing wth Jamie Lidell or something:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement