Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

We could do a half-electric picnic first weekend in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    We could do a half-electric picnic first weekend in March?

Or even an Electric Picnic Easter egg. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Santa's Electric Christmas Picnic Extravaganza!!

You book the bands, I'll go air out my sleeping bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone got their ticket yet or know when they'll start posting them out?

Was sure I had mine in hand by this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Anyone got their ticket yet or know when they'll start posting them out?

Was sure I had mine in hand by this time last year.

Got mine weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Got mine weeks ago

That's rather disconcerting

Bought & paid for 11th September, haven't gotten them yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I haven't received mine yet.

Metropolis ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Ticketmaster have updated their site to say loyalty tickets can only be bought up to November 2nd:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/f4l96k

In recognition of the fantastic support and the wonderful times that EP and its followers have had together we'd like to reward our longstanding fans with a Loyalty Discount until Midnight on 2 November 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Ticketmaster have updated their site to say loyalty tickets can only be bought up to November 2nd:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/f4l96k

In recognition of the fantastic support and the wonderful times that EP and its followers have had together we'd like to reward our longstanding fans with a Loyalty Discount until Midnight on 2 November 2015.

FFS!! I can't afford it this month and was going to get mine before the end of next month as per the frickin website!

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    FFS!! I can't afford it this month and was going to get mine before the end of next month as per the frickin website!
    Yeah they very quietly moved the goalposts over the last few days

Yeah they very quietly moved the goalposts over the last few days

Doesn't frickin help when you're trying to work out yer budget. Fuming!

I think we had up to March last year didnt we?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I think they release loyalty tickets again, as im nearly sure i didn't buy mine until after Christmas but used my code.

Now, they were slightly dearer than the first batch of early bird loyalty tickets, but were still cheaper than the normal full price ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

They went on sale last year the day EP ended, until the end of September or something. They went back on sale in Feb/March with the same discount codes... Also, this was supposed to end on 31st October, it was confirmed by another poster a while back it wasnt the end of November- a mistake by Festival Republic.

mejulie805 wrote: »
    They went on sale last year the day EP ended, until the end of September or something. They went back on sale in Feb/March with the same discount codes... Also, this was supposed to end on 31st October, it was confirmed by another poster a while back it wasnt the end of November- a mistake by Festival Republic.

It was most definitely on their website that you had until the end of November to purchase the loyalty tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It was most definitely on their website that you had until the end of November to purchase the loyalty tickets.

It sure was. Someone on here emailed them and they said it was a mistake and that they'd change it. But I don't think they did

Synode wrote: »
    It sure was. Someone on here emailed them and they said it was a mistake and that they'd change it. But I don't think they did
    Yep that was me back around the start of October. I quizzed the festivalrepublic chap on it again a few days ago, and he seemed to get the TM site updated to the correct date since then.

Synode wrote: »

So just move the fecking goal posts then and feck anyone trying to budget. If they don't go on sale for loyalty I may just look at doing another festival next year.
    Wouldn't mind checking out Festival no6. Love Portmeirion. (yes I'm aware its also run by festival republic but if paying full price might be worth checking it out instead)

I asked him if they would go back onsale at loyalty price in the Spring:

'No, 2nd November will now be the final date to purchase tickets at the loyalty price.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

mejulie805 wrote: »

I had heard this aswell, the first date that I heard it was ending was actually the 31st of October and then I was pleasantly surprised to see it at the end of November.

I bought my tickets today anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the email with the code had 31st October as well i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Bad enough form from EP only giving us to the end of October, weren't the codes valid until like March last year?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Bad enough form from EP only giving us to the end of October, weren't the codes valid until like March last year?!

They gave enough heads up to be fair. Tickets have been available for nearly 2 months.
    Read on the Irish times last week that close to half the tickets have already sold out via the loyalty scheme. Some going.

They gave enough heads up to be fair. Tickets have been available for nearly 2 months.
    Read on the Irish times last week that close to half the tickets have already sold out via the loyalty scheme. Some going.

Thats all well and good but I checked their website and it was advertised as being available till the end of November. People budget accordingly. I had other things I needed to pay for this month but had fully intended on getting my ticket next month. Changing goal posts is poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So just move the fecking goal posts then and feck anyone trying to budget. If they don't go on sale for loyalty I may just look at doing another festival next year.
    Wouldn't mind checking out Festival no6. Love Portmeirion. (yes I'm aware its also run by festival republic but if paying full price might be worth checking it out instead)

The thing with Festival No 6 though is that the Village area closes down at 9 pm, No 6 is much smaller than EP and wouldn't have as much late night activity going on as say EP and Bestival that are on around the same time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Thats all well and good but I checked their website and it was advertised as being available till the end of November. People budget accordingly. I had other things I needed to pay for this month but had fully intended on getting my ticket next month. Changing goal posts is poor form.

Fair enough. Think what stuck out for me was "while stock lasts" or something like that. That's what got me to get it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Didn't give that much heads up really, EP was less than two months ago. That could be only be two pay packages for someone who gets paid monthly. Also the fact that they said we had until the end of November initially, which is when I was planning on buying mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well it was onsale at the same time last year so it's not really that surprising. there's also the installment option which gave people 2 months to get €50 together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Have Pink Moon put up their prices? The early bird offer looks to be the same prices as the regular ones last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement