Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

quite possibly your sanity has already done so. ;)

that went years ago mate, along with my liver, eye sight and hearing (though I still blame mogwai for that one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yeah I haven't listened to the new one yet so that'll be sorted today.
    Definitely another to put on the list of requests... in case any promoters are reading

Dare I say it, even better that the first! Phenomenal stuff!

Edit: If nonkeen were announced, I will suddenly be "this is the best EP line up in years"

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Yeah I haven't listened to the new one yet so that'll be sorted today.
    Definitely another to put on the list of requests... in case any promoters are reading

Dare I say it, even better that the first! Phenomenal stuff!

Edit: If nonkeen were announced, I will suddenly be "this is the best EP line up in years"

It'll get the due attention after lunch.
    Nils doesn't seem to rest much.

That's the way I felt about Kiasmos too.
    Was a bit gutted they played FF.
    My mate saw them at Primavera and loved it, even though he only went because I told him to

It'll get the due attention after lunch.
    Nils doesn't seem to rest much.

That's the way I felt about Kiasmos too.
    Was a bit gutted they played FF.
    My mate saw them at Primavera and loved it, even though he only went because I told him to

I saw them at FF and also at B&S last year .. both sets excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

So my guess is the 3 last announcements will be made Wed, Thur & Fri. The final main lineup announcement being Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can't believe that I'll be on the Stradbally site in 20 days and yet they still haven't finalised this line up they have never really left it this late before, it makes you think, what the hell is going to happen now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If I got any two or three of Public Service Broadcasting

Seen them over in the Melkweg in Amsterdam, never got the crowd going, it was all kinda older Dutch, they just never took off. Got a little repetitive by the end. Maybe there different playing at a festival but I woudn't be rushing to see them. Need to expand on their party trick a bit. There no where near yoda when it comes to the VDJ stuff.

Actually just bring Yoda.

Snarky Snark Snark

I can't believe that I'll be on the Stradbally site in 20 days and yet they still haven't finalised this line up they have never really left it this late before, it makes you think, what the hell is going to happen now.

Don't be daft, of course they've finalised their line up, they've just not told us, the plebian ticket holders who they have on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seen them over in the Melkweg in Amsterdam, never got the crowd going, it was all kinda older Dutch, they just never took off. Got a little repetitive by the end. Maybe there different playing at a festival but I woudn't be rushing to see them. Need to expand on their party trick a bit. There no where near yoda when it comes to the VDJ stuff.

Caught them at William's Green at Glasto three years ago and they were excellent. Seen them at fests twice since and it all felt a bit flat. The material is good, but as you say it's not really developed at all. Still worth a look late afternoon in a tent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm worried. If there aren't several more good acts announced and they do away with a stage or two I'm not sure I'll be back next year. There's already talk of Sziget 2017 amoungst my glasto/picnic crew.

• Advertisement

Yoda is decent and I'll see him again this Saturday but I don't see the comparison at all between him and PSB.
    They're a live band, Yoda's a DJ.
    I saw PSB in Brixton Academy in November and it was one of the best indoor gigs I've ever been at. Top class

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

this was just tweeted

393795.jpg

Yoda is decent and I'll see him again this Saturday but I don't see the comparison at all between him and PSB.
    They're a live band, Yoda's a DJ.
    I saw PSB in Brixton Academy in November and it was one of the best indoor gigs I've ever been at. Top class

Just with the whole Video thing going on I made the comparison.

There on home turf in Brixton, I just don't think the crowd got them over there, it was packed but felt more like an art exibition than anything well except from the odd roar and whistle from the Irish lads at the bar.

everlast75 wrote: »
    this was just tweeted

Daft as Punk at 3am Friday night should be comical in the little tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Daft as Punk at 3am Friday night should be comical in the little tent.

It's gonna be class. Think it was last year I saw them at the bandstand in B&S.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Heard a couple of things today:

1. They were actively trying to sign Radiohead but the fee was too big and when the festival sold out they pulled plug

2. Lana and Chems are playing the Saturday night.

Lana on the Saturday night is interesting as Noel G is playing then too which would mean a headliner heavy night, maybe leaving an open spot for another headliner to be announced??

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm worried. If there aren't several more good acts announced and they do away with a stage or two I'm not sure I'll be back next year. There's already talk of Sziget 2017 amoungst my glasto/picnic crew.

I can't see them removing any of the main stages as all the usual stages are listed on the main website. The only likely thing is that LBT will be curated by RBMA as has been alluded to already in this thread.

Snarky Snark Snark

I can't see them removing any of the main stages as all the usual stages are listed on the main website. The only likely thing is that LBT will be curated by RBMA as has been alluded to already in this thread.

Is it big enough (the actual tent)? I know there's the new thingy in the woods but with the additional people, then that could get a bit crowded.

Is it big enough (the actual tent)? I know there's the new thingy in the woods but with the additional people, then that could get a bit crowded.

Traditionally it was quite a small tent. Last year the tent that had been previously used for LBT was used for Despacio and the LBT tent was quite a bit bigger.

I have no idea, but I suspect that if RBMA curate LBT, then it wont be a 100% DJ thing in the same vein as the rave in the woods, but more main arena hours in the vein of what LBT would be anyway... I have no evidence to confirm any of this, just reading between the lines.

Despacio was the old LBT last year, the LBT 2015 had been expanded, it definitely looked like a bigger marquee last year, maybe about the size of Cosby or the old Crawdaddy tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

MadYaker wrote: »

Theres loads of good acts announced for this year.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Theres loads of good acts announced for this year.

Yeah, but I think we are all holding out for The Coronas, fingers crossed.

/s

Yeah, but I think we are all holding out for The Coronas, fingers crossed.

/s

Or the Cran :eek: berries!

I just had the most awful thought ...

Big announcement .. Kodaline!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I just had the most awful thought ...

Big announcement .. Kodaline!

Think the Script are free also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Whilst the "final" announcement coming so close to the start of the fest strikes me as amateurish for a fest as established as the Picnic, the whine from people on the forum regarding the quality of whats been announced to date has begun to grate. If people arent a fan, fine. We geddit. Tell us all how much you enjoyed XYZ Fest next year. Mega.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Heard a couple of things today:

1. They were actively trying to sign Radiohead but the fee was too big and when the festival sold out they pulled plug

2. Lana and Chems are playing the Saturday night.

Lana on the Saturday night is interesting as Noel G is playing then too which would mean a headliner heavy night, maybe leaving an open spot for another headliner to be announced??

Don't torture yourself like that. The main acts are announced, there won't be a headliner added.

The last few years have seen some headliner-heavy days - 2 years ago, when the headline acts were Beck, Outkast and Portishead, Beck and Outkast played the Sunday. Pet Shop Boys closed the main stage on the Monday (I think?).

If the days you heard are accurate, they'll just give some other act what seems to be too big a slot.

And for any fears about tents being removed - Main arena, Electric arena, Little Big tent, Cosby and Rankins wood are all listed on the website homepage right now so I wouldn't expect anything to be removed.

Whilst the "final" announcement coming so close to the start of the fest strikes me as amateurish for a fest as established as the Picnic, the whine from people on the forum regarding the quality of whats been announced to date has begun to grate. If people arent a fan, fine. We geddit. Tell us all how much you enjoyed XYZ Fest next year. Mega.

but this is boards ... what do you expect? .. little fluffy rabbits?

Don't torture yourself like that. The main acts are announced, there won't be a headliner added.

The last few years have seen some headliner-heavy days - 2 years ago, when the headline acts were Beck, Outkast and Portishead, Beck and Outkast played the Sunday. Pet Shop Boys closed the main stage on the Monday (I think?).

If the days you heard are accurate, they'll just give some other act what seems to be too big a slot.

And for any fears about tents being removed - Main arena, Electric arena, Little Big tent, Cosby and Rankins wood are all listed on the website homepage right now so I wouldn't expect anything to be removed.

Friday after the Foals I think.

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with what's been announced IMO, nothing at all.
    Just need more of it!
    But I admit a bit of patience is needed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement