Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

but this is boards ... what do you expect? .. little fluffy rabbits?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I just had the most awful thought ...

Big announcement .. Kodaline!

Oh please no! It would appeal to the 1975/flower crowns crowd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Nothing wrong with what's been announced IMO, nothing at all.
    Just need more of it!
    But I admit a bit of patience is needed

Bollocks to that, they've had my money for over 11 months. Release the lineup.

Rabble rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Bollocks to that, they've had my money for over 11 months. Release the lineup.

Rabble rabble.

I have a funny feeling that this has already happened.

I think at this stage we have to resign to the fact that we will have the make the most of what we've got.

In fairness, the Body & Soul card is a cracker, have been discovering loads of good stuff in there. The idea of spending most of the weekend in B&S does have a certain appeal tbh.

So I promise to stop me whingeing*.

Best Line up ever!

*(I might still be sarcastic about The Coronas though, cos they are best band ever!)

I have a funny feeling that this has already happened.

I think at this stage we have to resign to the fact that we will have the make the most of what we've got.

In fairness, the Body & Soul card is a cracker, have been discovering loads of good stuff in there. The idea of spending most of the weekend in B&S does have a certain appeal tbh.

So I promise to stop me whingeing*.

Best Line up ever!

*(I might still be sarcastic about The Coronas though, cos they are best band ever!)

If there's no other announcement then there's going to be a shortage of acts and thousands of people swamping areas like B&S etc.

Doesn't really make sense, they also told Bodhrandude a few times there were more acts coming for the main stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Chemical Brothers are playing Friday night it's on their website. http://www.thechemicalbrothers.com/#live

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Isint the dancey headliner always on the Friday night (Fatboy Slim/Underworld) etc....

Isint the dancey headliner always on the Friday night (Fatboy Slim/Underworld) etc....

Hope so want to be fresh for it.

If there's no other announcement then there's going to be a shortage of acts and thousands of people swamping areas like B&S etc.

Doesn't really make sense, they also told Bodhrandude a few times there were more acts coming for the main stages.

i suspect that any announcement will be mainly smaller Irish acts for the main stages plus an RBMA announcement (aka LBT). I hope we get something a bit more substantial but am not holding my breath. I want to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It used to be the late slot on Saturday night, but Blur closed it out last year and Chic the year before so the eccy heads were either in the marquees or at the woods.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Chemical Brothers are playing Friday night it's on their website. http://www.thechemicalbrothers.com/#live

A lot of bands just list the first day of the festival. Doesn't mean they'll actually play that day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Synode wrote: »

A lot of bands just list the first day of the festival. Doesn't mean they'll actually play that day
    The Chemicals have very specific dates on their website for all their festivals. I'd be surprised if the Friday wasn't accurate.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The Chemicals have very specific dates on their website for all their festivals. I'd be surprised if the Friday wasn't accurate.

They have this Wednesday (1st day) listed for Sziget festival in Hungary and I'd be surprised if they play on Wednesday.

Edit: Scratch that, they are playing on Wednesday at 9:30pm. Weird time for a gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Sense of bonhomie on here when Crystal Swing are inevitably announced this week is going to be super.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

everlast75 wrote: »

Maybe we will get some gabber/DnB Djs for this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yay free truffles and ho's for everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

It's only substandard to people who are still convinced there's a massive headliner yet to be announced.

Please people. It's time to recalibrate expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Dutch DJs? Oh dear. Only good one I can think of is Tom Trago, but on the flip****e of that I can think of Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Hardwell, Afrojack, Ferry Corsten (and apparently Fedde Le Grande is too). Doesn't bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Any other naff announcements left, they are really dragging the arse out of this. It'll be Friday before we get the last main announcement. Friday 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

MJohnston wrote: »
    Dutch DJs? Oh dear. Only good one I can think of is Tom Trago, but on the flip****e of that I can think of Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Hardwell, Afrojack, Ferry Corsten (and apparently Fedde Le Grande is too). Doesn't bode well.

Yeah some almighty EDM guff about the Dutch DJ circuit.
    Guantanamo music.
    But the likes of Rodhad or Sander Kleinenberg would give just a glimmer of hope

It's going to be a scrote magnet

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

No bad thing in a way

No bad thing in a way

Yep, strategically placed it could be a big plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Just realised that Joris Voorn, Martyn, and Misjah are Dutch too...but that country sure does produce a lot of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Irish music festival in post oxygen world, some level of scrote incursion is a certainty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I popped in to it a couple of times last year. It was opposite that E-Lites yoke.
    It never seemed busy when i was there. It actually seemed out of the way, or maybe not in the right location if that makes sense.

3 weeks Friday! Can't wait. The week leading up to it is my 2nd least productive week in work all year (the week after is no.1, as i'm shaky up until Thursday).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Actually can't believe how close it is now, year has bloody flown in.

Time to get the tent out and make sure it's all still there, and start looking out for booze deals.

maximoose wrote: »
    Actually can't believe how close it is now, year has bloody flown in.

Time to get the tent out and make sure it's all still there, and start looking out for booze deals.

I've news for you. You're missing all your pegs and the tent smells of must ;)

Although this is probably not news to anyone who has a tent for a yearly trek to Stradbally.

• Advertisement

Pink Moon is such a blessing. No worrying about tents

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement