Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Just in relation to Pink Moon. It's my first time ever doing it. All has been paid in full a couple of months back, do I just being a copy of the booking email I got last October with the reference number? Or do they send you on a 'ticket' closer to the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

MJohnston wrote: »
    Just realised that Joris Voorn, Martyn, and Misjah are Dutch too...but that country sure does produce a lot of ****e.

Ah yeah Misjah... a blast from the past.
    He was in Dye Witness and also produced that all time classic 'Access'.
    Jaysus that's 20 years ago or more... I'd look fairly ridiculous trying to keep up with that now

bd2012 wrote: »
    Just in relation to Pink Moon. It's my first time ever doing it. All has been paid in full a couple of months back, do I just being a copy of the booking email I got last October with the reference number? Or do they send you on a 'ticket' closer to the event?

I'm hoping the email is enough, with a booking reference and proof of identity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Synode wrote: »
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The Chemicals have very specific dates on their website for all their festivals. I'd be surprised if the Friday wasn't accurate.

They have this Wednesday (1st day) listed for Sziget festival in Hungary and I'd be surprised if they play on Wednesday.

Edit: Scratch that, they are playing on Wednesday at 9:30pm. Weird time for a gig
    I agree that there's no guarantee they'll play the Friday at EP, but I'd bet my ticket on it. Does that make LCD the act to finish off the fest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭Stillill42

It's going to be a scrote magnet

Irish music festival in post oxygen world, some level of scrote incursion is a certainty

Surely it'll be the best kind of scrote magnet, the type that keeps the maggots that are already coming entertained and out of harms way for the weekend.
    Being honest, I've yet to meet an actual tosser down there, I've been extraordinarily lucky so far. Let the kids have their Harlem/ Brooklyn/ Ibiza/ whatever ****e. I wish them all the best and hope they have as good a weekend as I intend to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

just your booking e-mail that they sent with the barcode on it.

That's all that's needed, but it has to have the barcode.

Just checked me gmail, it's going to be the first e-mail you got from them and it will be titled

Pink Moon Camping - Order confirmation :12345

where 12345 is your booking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Just checked me gmail, it's going to be the first e-mail you got from them and it will be titled

Excellent. Thanks a million!

Snarky Snark Snark

And your EP ticket, you will actually need that too, cos you cannot get into Pink Moon with going through the EP entrance first.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Surely it'll be the best kind of scrote magnet, the type that keeps the maggots that are already coming entertained and out of harms way for the weekend.
    Being honest, I've yet to meet an actual tosser down there, I've been extraordinarily lucky so far. Let the kids have their Harlem/ Brooklyn/ Ibiza/ whatever ****e. I wish them all the best and hope they have as good a weekend as I intend to.

Who are these Dutch djs , have they named them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ohhhoooooooooooooo great "Heineken sound Atlas will be returning" they've paid a shed load of cash for this! how is it even an announcement? It's like saying the "main bar will be back at Stradbally" or;

"Returning to Stradbally this September, the culinary delights of Mr Whippy. After an extensive tour of every estate in Ireland, playing newfangled mesmerising polyphonic sounds at inappropriate times of the night when the kids are already in bed! Mr Whippy's ice cream van brings it's usual eclectic mix of ice-cream, cone flake and Rasberry back to Stradbally served with a 'contemporary' gold toothed eastern European smile" ;)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Heineken... bleurgh

got back last night from two weeks in cyprus, the mere thought of anything alcohol related is sending tremors down my liver and my kidneys are trying to ring the samaritans...

i think i'll leave picking up me booze till the 1st of sept.

There's a disturbing number of mr whippys out there too

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I'm staying in podpads but just curious what's the best way to get vodka to my tent? Obviously I can't bring the glass bottle in but can I just transfer it to a plastic water bottle unmixed and bring it in with my slab of cans? Or do I need to get crafty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

neddynono wrote:
    I'm staying in podpads but just curious what's the best way to get vodka to my tent? Obviously I can't bring the glass bottle in but can I just transfer it to a plastic water bottle unmixed and bring it in with my slab of cans? Or do I need to get crafty?

As long as it's in a plastic bottle you're good. I think there's a 1 litre limit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I can't recommend enough that people should check out the band Wolff that's playing midnight on the Friday of that oxjam lineup. Great noise

http://youtu.be/byMIBwDU10I

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Question for everyone. Who do you think will headline and sub headline each of the main stages/tents in the arena? It's an interesting theory about Red Bull taking over the LBT..

I'm going to guess the following:
    Main Stage - Chemical Brothers, New Order & LCD (headlining), Noel Gallagher, Lana Del Rey & Nas (sub)
    Electric Arena - Super Furry Animals, Todd Terje & The Shins (headlining), Bat for Lashes, Animal Collective & Jack Garratt (sub)
    LBT - Daniel Avery, **** Robot, Mount Kimbie & John Talabot all in some form or another playing pretty late on both nights

Wouldn't be so sure about the others but maybe the likes of Avett Brothers, Nathaniel Rateliff & Pantha Du Prince having big slots between the Rankins Wood & Cosby tents...

Would like to hear what other people think as not all of these would be acts I'd know much about, have a feeling we might see one or two more contenders still to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

A lot of bands just list the first day of the festival. Doesn't mean they'll actually play that day

They generally post the 3days,if it says Friday then they'll almost certainly play friday

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I agree that there's no guarantee they'll play the Friday at EP, but I'd bet my ticket on it. Does that make LCD the act to finish off the fest?

New order surely

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

When does the offo at EP normally start taking orders? A week or two out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Can def see these lads being added (unless they already have been)

Doubt it. There's already bands playing that these guys are trying to sound like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

neddynono wrote: »

I guess you know but each person has an allowance of their own booze that they're allowed to bring into the campsites at EP, Podpads/Pink Moon campsites are no different. Just no glass is the only rule, so yeah, stick it into a plastic bottle and that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Joey bada$$ and DJ premier - a match made in heaven . Wish there was more hip hop at EP

https://youtu.be/2d307wz-dHk

https://youtu.be/stoLqWXsIOY

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DanielSwords

Joey bada$$ and DJ premier - a match made in heaven . Wish there was more hip hop at EP

Would love for Joey Bada$$ and Glass Animals to be playing similar times and do Lose Control together. Would make my weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Pink Moon is such a blessing. No worrying about tents

On this note does anyone have experience of the 4 man tipi tents in Pink Moon? Booked one but kinda worried as the pic doesn't inspire confidence from a space perspective or else was just spoilt years past with my own fairly sizable four man.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DH1978

Tago Mago wrote: »
    On this note does anyone have experience of the 4 man tipi tents in Pink Moon? Booked one but kinda worried as the pic doesn't inspire confidence from a space perspective or else was just spoilt years past with my own fairly sizable four man.

Yeah stayed in one of these last year - there was only three of us so had plenty of space - just the one room but they were nice a warm at night. My preference would be the more traditional tents but you should be fine.

Snarky Snark Snark

Tago Mago wrote: »

Had a two man tipi last year, it was bloody masssive compared to the standard two man tent, the four man versions must be hooooooooge

Just realised I only got emails with a transaction reference number, which relates to the payment, rather than an actual booking reference. And there is no barcode.

Edit: Did a Gmail search and found it. Bit strange it isn't listed in my emails anymore as I'd forwarded it onto my work email months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'd say it's still there but Gmail is very annoying for showing mails in conversation format from phones. It does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd say it's still there but Gmail is very annoying for showing mails in conversation format from phones. It does my head in

You can change the settings for that.

Cheers.
    Yeah it's a pain in the ass!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You can't on their android mobile app

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement