Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

What scutter announcement will be today!
    The different amusements the fun fair will have maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Bartender line-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the toppings available in the Crepe stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Announcement of the return of Cocktail Cocktail with an even bigger, more obnoxious sound system?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

MJohnston wrote: »
    Announcement of the return of Cocktail Cocktail with an even bigger, more obnoxious sound system?

Bloody scrote central

• Advertisement

GAA match schedule, because god forbid people go without sports for a couple of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

declanleo wrote: »
    Bloody scrote central

I've never even noticed that place before , where is it ? Has it been there many years ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I've never even noticed that place before , where is it ? Has it been there many years ?

Between the fun fair (got to be a contender for most ironic name ever, Sr. Alanis missed a trick in not adding that one to her lyric) and the back entrance (oooh'er missus) to B&S

Announcement on Twitter about the "immerse spa experience"

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/stage/immerse-spa-experience

Jesus H Christ...

Snarky Snark Snark

Immersive spa me hole

that's a ****ing bath

share the water (and fecal matter) with those who have less concern for their hygiene than a drunken tramp in the red mist of a dirty protest fetish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Just announced, Cocktail Cocktail will be renamed Skanger Skanger.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Announcement on Twitter about the "immerse spa experience"

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/stage/immerse-spa-experience

Jesus H Christ...

Was announced last week already

Was announced last week already

Ah right - just saw the tweet was posted 44 mins ago

everlast75 wrote: »
    Ah right - just saw the tweet was posted 44 mins ago

Aye it was Body and Soul themselves that "announced" it last week: https://www.facebook.com/BodyandSoulIreland/photos/a.10150135048660514.404571.234755240513/10157216619185514/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Just on the 'Cocktail Cocktail' and 'Heineken Atlas' thingys - fair enough, they're ****e, it's not for me either... but are you happy to get rid of them and then lose someone like New Order off the bill, or a plethora of mid/low tier acts, or maybe the Jerry Fish tent...?

'Cos it's probably what that money goes towards.

I think I've set foot in the Atlas once a few years ago, the other place I just walk by. Neither of them impact on my weekend in any way to be honest other than laughing at them as I go past

Oh I'm totally happy for those things to be at Electric Picnic, I just wish they were all grouped in a similar area. Cocktails Cocktails was just far too close to the acoustic Body and Soul stages (as was the eLites stage/sports screen/melt). I love Body and Soul and the Trailer Park because they feel like well thought out areas with a strong theme and feel like little communities. The sponsored stuff is just farted into random parts of the festival without any real thought. No way should the Electric Ireland tent and the Greenfields area be anywhere near each other either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

What is it, €60 odd quid, to sit in a big bowl of ball soup?
    Nah, I think i'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Good to see the fest prioritising the aforementioned Ball Soup Arena and Scrote Magnet Stage over the alleged deficit of 40-odd bands vs last couple years line up. Big up yerselves lads. 3 weeks to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Oh I'm totally happy for those things to be at Electric Picnic, I just wish they were all grouped in a similar area. Cocktails Cocktails was just far too close to the acoustic Body and Soul stages (as was the eLites stage/sports screen/melt). I love Body and Soul and the Trailer Park because they feel like well thought out areas with a strong theme and feel like little communities. The sponsored stuff is just farted into random parts of the festival without any real thought. No way should the Electric Ireland tent and the Greenfields area be anywhere near each other either!

I thought last year with the added capacity they would use the Wilde camping field as arena space it'd be a grand job to move those areas in there well away from Body & Soul and the Trailer Park. Of course then they'd have to find somewhere to move Wilde to....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

leakyboots wrote: »
    Just on the 'Cocktail Cocktail' and 'Heineken Atlas' thingys - fair enough, they're ****e, it's not for me either... but are you happy to get rid of them and then lose someone like New Order off the bill, or a plethora of mid/low tier acts, or maybe the Jerry Fish tent...?

'Cos it's probably what that money goes towards.

I think I've set foot in the Atlas once a few years ago, the other place I just walk by. Neither of them impact on my weekend in any way to be honest other than laughing at them as I go past
    not really, Jerry Fish's place/a headliner/plethora of mid/low tier acts were there before most of this tacky sh1t came along....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

No way should the Electric Ireland tent and the Greenfields area be anywhere near each other either!

Why not? Isn't it promoting and making use of renewable energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

not really, Jerry Fish's place/a headliner/plethora of mid/low tier acts were there before most of this tacky sh1t came along....

Back when the festival was haemorrhaging money and it's future in doubt...

Effects wrote: »
    Why not? Isn't it promoting and making use of renewable energy.

Electric Ireland themselves don't, so I doubt their stage is!

ab4248 wrote: »
    Total long shot but imagine if they brought Bowie

This post from the first page of the thread made me sad :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mr.S wrote: »
    I work for a main sponsor, the positive feedback we get is way more then negative for our presence.

Some people find corporate presence at EP / festivals to be tacky, a sell out etc and I agree to a certain extent - but when done properly with a nice fit, it plays out well.

Just Eat (who I don't work for) is a perfect example.

But really it's as you say, just ignore it if you don't like it! Festivals need corporate involvement for money so it's a no brainer.

I agreed witht his until I started going to Boomtown Fair, anti corporate and is has a serious line up, I do question the profit compared to EP, but it does show you do not need to sell out commercially to make a exciting festival

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

First timer (heading down in my caravan) with a question;

Are you allowed to take your car out of the car park and come and go. If so, how easy / difficult is it? Traffic / pedestrians etc.

May need to nip back home on Sat Am

Snarky Snark Snark

new sleeping bag and camping pillow ordered, time to start gathering the bits and ticking off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

Are you allowed to take your car out of the car park and come and go. If so, how easy / difficult is it? Traffic / pedestrians etc.

If your car is towing your caravan it needs to stay with your caravan. Dont think you will be let come and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yea, that's no issue, or at least it's never been an issue for me.
    We've done it every year, to nip into town. You just put the camper pass in your car window, so you can get back in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

new sleeping bag and camping pillow ordered, time to start gathering the bits and ticking off the list.

Did last year's sleeping bag get too, ahem, scruffy?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement