Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Just back from the holliers and spent the morning going through the line up in anticipation.

IMO it must be the most unimaginative line up in years.

I will enjoy LCD, New Order, Chemical,Todd Terjie, Del Ray, Animal Collective but would have attended better acts if they were on/clashing.

I will look forward to Furries, Nightsweats, Broken Social Scene, Phosphorescent, Mother, Toots, Rusangano Family but usually have more to look for that this.

But putting ****e like the 1975, Catshish etc high up the bill.

Where are the lower tier interesting acts like Low Anthem, John Grant, Benjamin Clemantine, Explosions in the Sky, who all played afternoon or early evening when first there. Or the heritage acts like Family Stone, George Clinton, Gil Scott Heron, Jimmy Cliff.

(BTW Smaller acts I caught at B&S which that should not be missed are Aine Cahill (who showed up in BBC studio Glastonbury) and Elephant.)

Hopefully there is one more announcement with some interesting acts otherwise I will have to move the annual gettogether to B&S, which this year had some interesting acts like Cahill, Elephant but also St Germain, Mercury Rev, Gloaming, Floating Points and was a very enjoyable weekend before the floods.

Pd66

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

I've news for you. You're missing all your pegs and the tent smells of must ;)

Although this is probably not news to anyone who has a tent for a yearly trek to Stradbally.

This will be me - which'll be grand as long as the zip hasn't suffered too much calcification and I can get the door open without the use of a big knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Did last year's sleeping bag get too, ahem, scruffy?!

no, it's still pretty clean(ish), just approaching ten years old and more than a little ragged in places and the zip is ... sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

leakyboots wrote: »
    Back when the festival was haemorrhaging money and it's future in doubt...
    not really, unless it has lost money and had its future been in doubt every single year before 2015, considering last year was the first for Cocktail Cocktail.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's cocktail cocktail or is it obivious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

It was a cocktail bar, located close to the Electric Ireland tent last year. At the risk of sounding like a douche (and I don't really care if I do), describing what they were serving as cocktails would be like sweeping the floor of a pig slaughterhouse, cooking the sweepings and serving it up as Sirloin steak.*

*May be an exaggeration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id be massively in favour of doing away with the fun fair and the cocktail abomination and putting Arcadia in its place. Id happily pay more for my ticket.

Snarky Snark Snark

Ah, look, it keeps the kiddies happy, it's away from the main stages, it's not the biggest offender.

fun fair needs a nuking though, it's just there to eat up the empty space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Moderat have just been announced for Metropolis which rules them out of EP i guess.

DJ Shadow, Grace Jones, Girl Band, Sugarhill Gang announced also.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Moderat have just been announced for Metropolis which rules them out of EP i guess.

That's a really nice line up start.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Crystal castles too , decent lineup starting off. Anyone go last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Am I the only person who likes the new DJ Shadow one. Reviews are all pretty damning .. particularly like the Nils Frahm collaboration.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Tried to get tickets last year, but their tiering ticket system was a pure rip off, so I gave up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Crystal castles too , decent lineup starting off. Anyone go last year ?

I went last year. Great little festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

no, it's still pretty clean(ish), just approaching ten years old and more than a little ragged in places and the zip is ... sticky

10 years - fair play, you did well with that one! Many more happy EPs with the new one!

Quote from face(less)book site from yesterday.

"Electric Picnic Hi Lyndsey, we still have more acts to come. Once the date is confirmed we will let you know :)"

Pd66

Peterd66 wrote: »

"Electric Picnic Hi Lyndsey, we still have more acts to come. Once the date is confirmed we will let you know :)"

Pd66

Once the date is confirmed? Maybe they are considering moving the date to midweek to fit around Radiohead's schedule. It's a flawless logic.

Snarky Snark Snark

Pd66

But but but but the dates are ****ing confirmed you shower of bastards
    it's friday in 3 and a half weeks

24 mother****ing sleeps!

I presume they mean the date of the announcement!😠

• Advertisement

I presume they mean the date of the announcement!😠

We knew, we were just having a bit of craic.

Pd66

I heard that the date of the next announcement is the 12th of Disappointment.

Synode wrote: »
    I went last year. Great little festival

Good crowd ? What time the music go on till ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Good crowd ? What time the music go on till ?

Are we discussing the Metropolis festival on the EP thread now, might as well talk about Electric Picnic in the Metropolis thread then ha ha.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Where are the lower tier interesting acts like Low Anthem, John Grant, Benjamin Clemantine, Explosions in the Sky, who all played afternoon or early evening when first there. Or the heritage acts like Family Stone, George Clinton, Gil Scott Heron, Jimmy Cliff.

Bit of a logistical problem there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

alastair wrote: »
    Bit of a logistical problem there.

The resurrection will not be televised.

Are we discussing the Metropolis festival on the EP thread now, might as well talk about Electric Picnic in the Metropolis thread then ha ha.

I'd only 2 questions , right back to EP so . The EP lineup is ****e and all the announcements the last week are dung .
    Oh and I hate the cocktail place

If that announcement metropolis made today was an EP announcement would it cheer up a few people here?

If that announcement metropolis made today was an EP announcement would it cheer up a few people here?

Each of those acts would be an excellent addition.

I never got the Girl Band thing until I saw them at B&S this year and I really enjoyed them. Great live band.

• Advertisement

Each of those acts would be an excellent addition.

I never got the Girl Band thing until I saw them at B&S this year and I really enjoyed them. Great live band.

Agree , I think most of them would be class additions for me anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement