Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Synode wrote: »
    Is the Body and Soul 2016 Spotify playlist for B&S @ Electric Picnic or is it for their standalone festival?

I found the EP specific one: https://open.spotify.com/user/epfestival/playlist/1wogoGs8DccAShu18KUHza

DBFC are a band I caught onto from that playlist. I'd say this will go down a treat at b&s. Can't help but bop along

http://youtu.be/mql6pWj5a7Y

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Ive just informed them on Facebook that the final announcement delay better be due to fact that Fleetwood Mac and Kate Bush are in final stages of negotiations. Otherwise they are having a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Goldigga wrote: »
    http://www.aclfestival.com/schedule-weekend-two/?utm_campaign=2016-social&utm_source=acl&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=20160809-grid-launch-fb-wknd2-event-page#friday-2016-10-07

Full schedule for ACL festival in Austin, Texas.

A festival that is nearly 2 months away... EP is 3 weeks away and they are still talking announcement dates for main stage acts. Seriously.

I much prefer when festivals release the full line up in one go like coachella does , give people a chance to do proper research on the line up , as far as I can see no one on here likes this drip feed pony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

There's a ridiculous amount of bands, music and stuff to see already. I thought the moaning brigade were limited to Facebook but it's seeped in here now too. Stop. Please..... There'll be more announcements. Nobody cares if you don't like them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

neddynono wrote: »
    DBFC are a band I caught onto from that playlist. I'd say this will go down a treat at b&s. Can't help but bop along

They sound great. Looking forward to seeing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Didn't realise they were playing Body and soul....something to look forward to as there's **** all in the line up tickling my fancy bar 4or5....I have tried

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

That's really good , any more recommendations like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

That's really good , any more recommendations like that ?

Toby kaar - snapdragon

Plutonic dust - Eskimo kiss

Can't link ATM, both are on the Spotify playlist for b&s, and prob on YouTube too

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pudz21

Hi all,

Ok iv been at EP for many years on and off so I am getting on in years (32). I have a ticket this year but im the only one that can go from my usual gang, i love EP but would feel like billy no mates going on my own.

Go or not?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

go go go go

I didn't start going till much later than that age and went on me own initially.

There's an advantage in being solo, pick and choose what you want to see, no need to hang around waiting for others, stay out as late or go to bed as early as you want to. It's quite freeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Synode wrote: »
    There's a ridiculous amount of bands, music and stuff to see already. I thought the moaning brigade were limited to Facebook but it's seeped in here now too. Stop. Please..... There'll be more announcements. Nobody cares if you don't like them
    Do you think anyone cares that you think nobody cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Or both! I'm setting myself up for a bashing here but I think the only reason for such a delay is they're finalising stuff with acts and/or waiting for gigs to sell out. I'm expecting a very decent last announcement.

At this late stage, I think there's 3 possibilities (as they're repeatedly said there will be more main arena acts).

* They're going to announce the rumored RBMA tent, which'll be approx 20 acts, and along with the standard Irish acts, will bridge the gap that's currently there.

* They were hoping punters wouldn't notice the discrepancy in the number of acts vs the last few years, and are now feverishly trying to beef the numbers up by booking Irish / British acts that'd be available.

* They've got a killer last announcement, and we'll be all like 'never doubted 'em' and it'll give a nice injection of sales of the loyalty tickets for '17 that go on sale in 4 weeks. (we live in hope...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Or both! I'm setting myself up for a bashing here but I think the only reason for such a delay is they're finalising stuff with acts and/or waiting for gigs to sell out. I'm expecting a very decent last announcement.

I'm not buying this one tbh.

The last announcement may well be a cracker, nobody can say for certain yet. And it may include Squeeze (though three gigs in Ireland in one weekend including a festival would be highly unusual) and Madness as people say - but at this stage, I don't think EP are waiting for anything specific to sell out because, and this is important, what if the gigs just don't sell out?

Very real possibility, so do they just never announce an act then?

I reckon EP have mapped out a release schedule behind the scenes and their sticking to it. They won't announce it in case anything changes behind the scenes and it becomes an even bigger headache, but I reckon they will announce all the remaining little bits - whatever branded crap, Electric Ireland, etc, the Red Bull tent and the final one will be the last run of acts to drum up as much excitement as they possibly can beforehand.

I'm sticking to my prediction of 30 or so acts, mainly Irish and heritage acts. But am happy to be proven wrong - my guess is as legitimate as everyone else's right now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

What are the chances that they are waiting for RHCP to sell out Belfast ?

Snarky Snark Snark

Banatamon wrote: »
    What are the chances that they are waiting for RHCP to sell out Belfast ?

None, check their tour schedule, they are safely in eastern europe at that point.

thank **** for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

MJohnston wrote: »
    Electric Ireland themselves don't, so I doubt their stage is!

Electric Ireland, Ireland’s leading energy supplier, has been the Official Energy Partner for Electric Picnic for the last 5 years, supplying over 6 km of energy efficient festoon lighting at the Festival and has reduced the festival’s lighting emissions by 80%.
    As official energy partner to Electric Picnic, Electric Ireland installs 6 kilometres of energy efficient festoon lighting around the campsites and walk ways to guide festival go-ers around the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

I see! Any other big shots that might be waiting to sell out other gigs? Walking on cars maybe?

Snarky Snark Snark

Banatamon wrote: »
    I see! Any other big shots that might be waiting to sell out other gigs? Walking on cars maybe?

Look at their site and check their tour date listings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

rubyscooby wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips re. pink moon. So the green carpark and paintball entrance is where I need to be.

24 sleeps but who's counting.

23 sleeps..!

Snarky Snark Snark

23 sleeps..!

23 mother****ing sleeps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone know of deals on slabs of beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I was down in Stradbally last week, and the grounds are looking great(the steam rally cowboys didn't wreck the place:D), there's a few bits of work being done and I was getting well excited. All I've left to do is get the beer and snacks and I'm set!

PS; why aren't we more excited about Don Conroy bein there!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I was down in Stradbally last week, and the grounds are looking great(the steam rally cowboys didn't wreck the place:D), there's a few bits of work being done and I was getting well excited. All I've left to do is get the beer and snacks and I'm set!

F**k Don Conroy! Who is excited to see Al Porter!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Getting so excited now. Im getting married on the 26th, then few nights away in a hotel to chill out, then a weekend of madness. Bring it on!!

Snarky Snark Snark

who?

Not joking, who?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

who?

Not joking, who?

?width=337&version=1026109

Don frickin Conroy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I'm not buying this one tbh.

The last announcement may well be a cracker, nobody can say for certain yet. And it may include Squeeze (though three gigs in Ireland in one weekend including a festival would be highly unusual) and Madness as people say - but at this stage, I don't think EP are waiting for anything specific to sell out because, and this is important, what if the gigs just don't sell out?

Very real possibility, so do they just never announce an act then?

I reckon EP have mapped out a release schedule behind the scenes and their sticking to it. They won't announce it in case anything changes behind the scenes and it becomes an even bigger headache, but I reckon they will announce all the remaining little bits - whatever branded crap, Electric Ireland, etc, the Red Bull tent and the final one will be the last run of acts to drum up as much excitement as they possibly can beforehand.
    All good points in your post. I just find the delay before the last announcement to be odd and can only put it down to finalising acts or having a good last set of acts that'll help the 2017 sales. Let's hope I'm right but it's all sheer speculation and I don't really have a clue. 22 sleeps.

At this late stage, I think there's 3 possibilities (as they're repeatedly said there will be more main arena acts).

* They're going to announce the rumored RBMA tent, which'll be approx 20 acts, and along with the standard Irish acts, will bridge the gap that's currently there.

* They were hoping punters wouldn't notice the discrepancy in the number of acts vs the last few years, and are now feverishly trying to beef the numbers up by booking Irish / British acts that'd be available.

* They've got a killer last announcement, and we'll be all like 'never doubted 'em' and it'll give a nice injection of sales of the loyalty tickets for '17 that go on sale in 4 weeks. (we live in hope...)

I'm hoping for the latter

Snarky Snark Snark

Don frickin Conroy!

that is one creepy looking mother****er

• Advertisement

It's got to the point where I'm really losing interest. Lcd alone made me buy the tickets but looking back on the last 10 picnics there has always been 7or 8 acts that got me excited. I'm going out of nostalgia this year whilst hoping for something in the last announcement. I'll probably still love it as usual

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement