Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    .....and the campsites.

As per my advice listing previously on things to bring but more importantly, what not to bring
    3 - GUITAR - we will have a Mr. N Gallagher on site over the weekend, any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te ...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Hope I don't hear anyone say Noely G for the weekend. Or hear any Oasis songs.

Your going to miss some gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He'll play a few of the big oasis tunes that would have been sung by him in oasis. But it'll mostly be his solo stuff which is pretty good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

EP just tweeted that more acts to be announced on the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

s8n wrote:
    EP just tweeted that more acts to be announced on the 19th

Jaysis, talk about milking the life out of it.... let's hope it's a good one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Finally we have a date! They are really prolonging this announcement, it's like overly long foreplay, let's hope the end product is not a let down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

The announcement about the announcement...finally!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Friday week? That is so late. Really setting themselves up for a negative backlash if it's ****e. You want to be heading into the weekend itself surfing a wave of positivity. On the other hand, if they surprise us all with an announcement full of quality, it will be hailed as a masterstroke. I'm all agog.

Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'm all agog.

my gusset doth froth like an overflowing washing machine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Goldigga wrote: »
    The announcement about the announcement...finally!!

At least it ends the speculation about the announcement about the announcement!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

i can't imagine there will be any good acts we want on this prob the Coronas or something

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

At least it ends the speculation about the announcement about the announcement!!

Would love to know the strategy here. If they announce a load of top acts going into the final weekend, there will be some buzz... If not...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

An announcement about an announcement. They're such a bunch of knobs. I can't see this being anything but a massive disappointment considering all headliners are already announced. Unless its radiohead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Would love to know the strategy here. .

Metropolis tickets go on sale tomorrow morning, if i had to guess i'd say this announcement is to divert attention away from that. Sneeky as f**k but wouldn't be the first time they've done this. Nothing to really gain but screw with POD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

What does it matter anyway? You've either:

• Bought your ticket and want to go regardless of any additional acts.
    • Haven't bought a ticket but would love to go in which case you're fecked anyway.
    • Have a ticket but are on the fence and if you hate the lineup after the 19th you'll be able to flog it to one of the poor souls in category B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Would love to know the strategy here. If they announce a load of top acts going into the final weekend, there will be some buzz... If not...

Almost every reaction to ep's social media announcements in the past few weeks, has been lineup negative. Some of the FB comments under the surf washing machine announcement are gold!!
    So I suppose they had contain the situation with some form of communication!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,639 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

MJohnston wrote: »
    What does it matter anyway? You've either:

• Bought your ticket and want to go regardless of any additional acts.
    • Haven't bought a ticket but would love to go in which case you're fecked anyway.
    • Have a ticket but are on the fence and if you hate the lineup after the 19th you'll be able to flog it to one of the poor souls in category B.

I'd like to have a chance to listen to some of the acts before the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Well they've been saying for weeks that more acts will be announced so this doesn't feel like a last minute scramble to me. Just a badly thought out plan. A lot of people use the weeks in the run up to EP getting to know some new bands based on the lineu. The whole late announcement thing just pisses people like that off (myself included). That is assuming there will be bands in the next announcement worth getting to know.

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Some of the FB comments under the surf washing machine announcement are gold!!

ZNE8GcR.jpg

(if you're a youngling, google the name and levi washing advert)

The culprits;
    http://lhpublicity.ie/clients/

I wonder how much of a 'local' presence festival Republic have?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

lc180 wrote: »
    Metropolis tickets go on sale tomorrow morning, if i had to guess i'd say this announcement is to divert attention away from that. Sneeky as f**k but wouldn't be the first time they've done this. Nothing to really gain but screw with POD.

That's a stretch. If they were really bothered they'd announce the actual acts to steal Metropolis' thunder.

I doubt many people outside this thread even noticed it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Chvrches about to go on tour with a gap at the start of September. Have they been in Ireland already this year?

Massive Attack on tour and playing in England on the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Chvrches about to go on tour with a gap at the start of September. Have they been in Ireland already this year?

One of the days of Longitude, I believe. Think they played the Picnic last year also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So, best guesses for the the announcement? Based on dates I reckon Squeeze, Two Door Cinema Club, Joanna Newsom, Scritti Politti, Steve Mason, Thurston Moore, Cat's Eyes, Goat & a few more. Methinks the line-up will look pretty tasty in nine days time.

So, best guesses for the the announcement? Based on dates I reckon Squeeze, Two Door Cinema Club, Joanna Newsom, Scritti Politti, Steve Mason, Thurston Moore, Cat's Eyes, Goat & a few more. Methinks the line-up will look pretty tasty in nine days time.

Didn't Steve Mason play Forbidden Fruit? I hope he does a standalone gig as I missed him earlier in the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Surprisingly strong announcement of an announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Also Billy Bragg/Joe Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd like to have a chance to listen to some of the acts before the festival

You'll have two full weeks though, its plenty of time!

I wonder were they going to leave the announcement as is until they realised people weren't happy and so are now frantically scrambling for more acts?

• Advertisement

I'd love to see 'temples' palynology again! They played x2 years ago, really enjoyed their gig even though the sound was complete ****e! They'really playing festival No.6 (Possibly on the Saturday) so they'really in the area.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7H2MzfDoJVIhDUuWfDsaRQ

Also Little May who pulled out a few years back, owe us a gig!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement