Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Just want through End of the Road and Bestival lineups and both are similarly uninspiring, particularly Bestival.

Teenage Fanclub for the Friday would be a great addition. Goat, Cat Power, Human League and Norman Jay might be good robs.

Pd66

yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Coz wrote: »
    The Electric Ireland Novelty Tent has given us an 80s theme in 2014, 90's tent in 2015 so I'm predicting a

"Toooo Fausunds well Griiiiiiimy UK Garage 2-Step fing, innit."

Reeeeeee-Wind

they have already booked smash hits anyway who can do 90s and 00s tunes.
    I imagine we get 5ive/Sclub/Eiffel 65 and all the novelty acts still touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

What about Justice? They had a new single out last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Dodger

Lemsiper wrote: »

If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place...

Sorry, I've been rewatching GOT recently... Maybe Justice will play who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Looking at European festivals on at the same time - Jason Isbell would be a personal great choice.

(Changing jobs and on last two days and bored!!!!)

• Advertisement

The Dodger wrote: »
    If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place...

Sorry, I've been rewatching GOT recently... Maybe Justice will play who knows

Ok, I dunno. Never seen GOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Just want through End of the Road and Bestival lineups and both are similarly uninspiring, particularly Bestival.

Teenage Fanclub for the Friday would be a great addition. Goat, Cat Power, Human League and Norman Jay might be good robs.

Pd66

End of the road has a fantastic lineup, IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ok, I dunno. Never seen GOT.

9UvJ54t.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I joked in a comment on their facebook page that they should give Aphex Twin a wheel barrow full of cash to perform his AV screen video mapping show with Weirdcore and tour his Syro record at the Electric Arena for Saturday night, I couldn't resist.

Why not Electric Ireland?

Snarky Snark Snark

I'm not sure that any of us would want to deal with the screaming nightmares that the kiddies would have after that sort of thing.

well, cept for those in hotpants

come to daddy indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

New album in fact, no? Soulwax live would be an excellent replacement for Haim, I'm not giving up on this

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Why not Electric Ireland?
    :D

MJohnston wrote: »
    New album in fact, no? Soulwax live would be an excellent replacement for Haim, I'm not giving up on this

Yeah a new album for sure, but as of now just one song officially released.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dixon Bainbridge

Ieftfield would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Really enjoying the 368 pages of posts so far on this thread..
    I'm hoping Jesus and Mary Chain are added, a festival they were doing was cancelled and they are free saturday
    Maybe ride could come back, playing Brighton the following week - thought they were amazing last year.
    Personally would love the specials and james and cypress hill also, all touring this summer I think so you never know.

Someone mentioned Altern-8 - now that would be serious fun. Facemasks to the ready.....

Irish bands - king kong company and Otherkin surely to be added amongst others already mentioned, Sultans of Ping FC to return also. (Dave Couse to reform A House for too while we're at it !!!)

Announcing that an announcement is on the 19th was funny - GET ON WITH IT !!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Right folks, I tweeted Al Doyle last night, and he just told me they are down for the Saturday at the picnic. That is gonna be whopper

368 pages

You're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

declanleo wrote: »
    Right folks, I tweeted Al Doyle last night, and he just told me they are down for the Saturday at the picnic. That is gonna be whopper

I hope so. Best night for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

very good, that was the most likely but good to have it confirmed now.

so;

Friday: Chems
    Saturday: Noel Gallagher, LCD Soundsystem
    Sunday: Lana del Rey, New Order

bish bash bosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Really enjoying the 368 pages of posts so far on this thread..
    I'm hoping Jesus and Mary Chain are added, a festival they were doing was cancelled and they are free saturday
    Maybe ride could come back, playing Brighton the following week - thought they were amazing last year.
    Personally would love the specials and james and cypress hill also, all touring this summer I think so you never know.

Someone mentioned Altern-8 - now that would be serious fun. Facemasks to the ready.....

Irish bands - king kong company and Otherkin surely to be added amongst others already mentioned, Sultans of Ping FC to return also. (Dave Couse to reform A House for too while we're at it !!!)

Announcing that an announcement is on the 19th was funny - GET ON WITH IT !!

This would be so good.. Looks like J&MC are in Cardiff & London on 2nd and 4th respectively

http://thejesusandmarychain.uk.com/live/

so unlikely to come for the 3rd.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Have my doubts Madness will do Fri - UK, Sat - Laois - Sun - Belgium... these lads are pushing on! Would love to see them live again, great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

so;

bish bash bosh.

That breakdown would be perfect

Snarky Snark Snark

...cypress hill...

after their Homerpalooza fiasco, they can **** right off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Suede, Brian Wilson and Gaz Coombes have to be real possibilities

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

so;

bish bash bosh.

Saturday is going to be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

so;

bish bash bosh.

Sunday seems very weak there for the day trippers.
    usually get a marquee act on the sunday night - outkast, florence etc lana del ray would probably be playing olympia or vicar street if doing her own show.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Folks,
    Can anyone tell me what price the campervan tickets were including service and extra postage, i.e. the amount that would appear in the Ticketmaster conformation of purchase e-mail.

Pd66

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

showpony1 wrote: »
    Sunday seems very weak there for the day trippers.
    usually get a marquee act on the sunday night - outkast, florence etc lana del ray would probably be playing olympia or vicar street if doing her own show.

Ffs. New order are brilliant. Some amount of hits that will go down a treat with the ahem older crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Folks,
    Can anyone tell me what price the campervan tickets were including service and extra postage, i.e. the amount that would appear in the Ticketmaster conformation of purchase e-mail.

Pd66

should look like this:
    Electric Picnic 2016 - Campervan Pass
    Stradbally Hall, Co. Laois,
    Fri 2 Sep 2016 - Sun 4 Sep 2016
    Details: Electric Picnic

Order for: **** *****
    Seat location: section VAN
    Total Charge: €82.60

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Ffs. New order are brilliant. Some amount of hits that will go down a treat with the ahem older crowd

Excited for their set! Blue Monday live will be one of the highlights of the weekend I reckon. Legendary tune.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement