Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Did I imagine things or did someone on here recently take the piss about how funny it would be if Don Conroy was at EP. Just read online that he's actually giving art lessons there this year??!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Did I imagine things or did someone on here recently take the piss about how funny it would be if Don Conroy was at EP. Just read online that he's actually giving art lessons there this year??!?

He's helping out in the Laundry I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Pudz21 wrote: »
    Ok iv decided i will give EP a go on my own, i know i will enjoy the acts i want to see it was just the feeling of being billy no mates during the day but im sure i will bump into people have a chat and have a great time.

Disclaimer : if you have a **** weekend, I don't do refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Is the Church there this year, we could marry Pudz off on Friday. We'll all go to the wedding.

There should acutally be a boards meetup on the Friday this year, get Pudz weekend off to a flier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

He's helping out in the Laundry I think.

Could be the right place for him all those dirty girls will need a hand getting into boiler suits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Jjppkk

Hi,
    I'm looking at buying two tickets with 3 fast track off a bloke.
    Can anyone tell me;
    1. What the 3 fast track tickets do for you?
    2. Can anyone use them, or do you have to be a 3 mobile customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jjppkk wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me;

Are these tickets for EP, it might be a scam are the 3 tickets, are they not tout proof, do you not have to bring the credit card or transaction details or your phone with the 3 number in it, I thought I heard something about that. My mate never bothered getting any in the end after me getting the code for him.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Jjppkk wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me;

He probably won them in a competition or there complementary, the fast track thing doesn't matter but can he prove where he got them? If it was a competition he should have proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jjppkk

Are these tickets for EP, it might be a scam are the 3 tickets, are they not tout proof, do you not have to bring the credit card or transaction details or your phone with the 3 number in it, I thought I heard something about that. My mate never bothered getting any in the end after me getting the code for him.

Hi ,
    Yep there tickets for EP.
    I'm not sure , I don't know what you would have to show apart from the tickets themselves, that's why I put it up here to see if anyone could give me the heads up.
    Thanks

That's only if your using the fast track I think, he should get into campsite and main entrance with tickets no problem if their real. Portably are, don't think chancers would complicate a scam in such a way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

HausOfTony wrote: »
    Yeah that's him, didn't know much about him but seen him on most festival line ups. Think he could have played Forbidden Fruit but not 100%

Nah, you're thinking of Don Conroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

didn't he do it last year too? he definitely did it at some festival in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

didn't he do it last year too? he definitely did it at some festival in the last few years.

No idea. I'm surprised they didn't save it for the big announcement next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

He was at Beatyard a couple of weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

MJohnston wrote: »
    He was at Beatyard a couple of weeks ago

I hope he does a 'Jim'll paint it' session..

Don, can you paint bressie and Al Porter in a brutal cage fight, refereed by John Anderson from gladiators?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I think you have to remember Don Conroy as a kid to give a **** about who he is. Same as LCD Soundsystem.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

has anybody ever bought pink moon ticket of someone else, anything to watch out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'd be very wary of buying that sort of thing, it's not a hard ticket, it's just a booking that could possibly be changed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone watch stranger things? The soundtrack is epic! That retro synth really appeals to me. If DJ was to remix this into a harder core beat I'd probably lose my sh1t

https://m.soundcloud.com/lakeshore-records

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Anyone watch stranger things? The soundtrack is epic! That retro synth really appeals to me. If DJ was to remix this into a harder core beat I'd probably lose my sh1t

https://m.soundcloud.com/lakeshore-records

https://youtu.be/FpHNlx0pPIU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Re: New Order

I saw them at the WHP last December and it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to. Was at Glastonbury too and know what you mean about their set but I think the stage could have had something to do with it. I went to see all the headliners on The Other Stage at Glasto. Similarly saw LCD at Lovebox are they were much better than at Glastonbury. They've being finishing up with Temptation, Blue Monday and Love Will Tear Us Apart. So I hope they're all their very best on the Picnic mainstage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yep would definitely like to see Four Tet again, bring on that RBMA launch. Playing up till 28th August, nothing listed after that so it seems he's free anyway.

http://www.fourtet.net/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Last Shadow Puppets haven't got a gig past Rock en Seine, which is the week before EP....

Someone mentioning The Libertines earlier has gotten my hopes up ridiculously. I don't think it's a goer but it'd be amazing. They were incredible in Dublin last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried that EP will try to shoehorn Two Door Cinema Club in as Sunday night headliners. They're not my thing but could have huge appeal to the kids. Last album number one in Ireland, new one on the way, they drew a big crowd playing after Bjork in 2013 and they're headlining the NME/BBC stage at Reading the weekend before. It'll appease some of the Facebook crew anyway. Happy for them to be announced, but not that slot please.

Dear god no. I was dragged along to be part of that big 2013 crowd, and they were the dullest act I've had the misfortune to see in a long time. Won't make that mistake a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

together-the-people
    TOGETHER THE PEOPLE festival returns to Preston Park, Brighton on September 3rd and 4th featuring a UK Festival Exclusive headliner with BRIAN WILSON (of the Beach Boys) performing Pet Sounds + greatest hits, Suede, The Horrors, Hiatus Kaiyote, Gaz Coombes, Songhoy Blues, Turin Brakes and many more
    www.seetickets.com/content/together-the-people

Would love to see Brian Wilson , Suede, Gaz Coomes ... actually most of them added to the line up !

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Just gotten around to listening to Overhead the Albatross and they have gone right to the top of my must see list. Quality stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

alastair wrote: »
    Dear god no. I was dragged along to be part of that big 2013 crowd, and they were the dullest act I've had the misfortune to see in a long time. Won't make that mistake a second time.

I was there too, I enjoyed them having not been a fan before or since. They're a good upbeat Saturday night act. One of the few Irish acts capable of holding a late slot the middle day on the main stage. Each to their own.

I have a feeling they'll be announced, I'm hoping they won't be the biggest act, whilst not being too optimistic. I'm still clinging on to the Radiohead dream too... which contradicts my previous statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yep would definitely like to see Four Tet again, bring on that RBMA launch. Playing up till 28th August, nothing listed after that so it seems he's free anyway.

http://www.fourtet.net/

He was very disappointing at Metropolis last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

an insider knowledge on who we are getting next fri?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Have All Tviins not been added yet? I hope they are

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement