Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    an insider knowledge on who we are getting next fri?

Not Brian Wilson, not RHCP, not Bowie, not Prince. not Gaz Coombes

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Synode wrote: »
    Have All Tviins not been added yet? I hope they are

I missed their set in the Marquee when they supported Foals, couldn't get out of work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Lzmunky wrote: »
    I missed their set in the Marquee when they supported Foals, couldn't get out of work!

They were excellent :P

Presume it'll be a big drop of Irish acts, since there's f*ck all on the bill so far.

All Tvvins, Little Green Cars, Two Door Cinema Club, Otherkin, Picture This, Bitch Falcon, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Is that the London grime hip hop act that played Glastonbury this year, Shutdown was the track that was played I think, I don't know if that style is in for Irish festivals here, but I would welcome these guys, refreshing and energetic with the beats and measure of the tunes in odd places, pretty cool actually.

I was at his set at Forbidden Fruit. It was decent. Kano is already on the EP bill so I doubt they'll add Skepta. I'd like if they did though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Presume it'll be a big drop of Irish acts, since there's f*ck all on the bill so far.

All Tvvins, Little Green Cars, Two Door Cinema Club, Otherkin, Picture This, Bitch Falcon, etc

Probably along these lines, although i think Bitch Falcon are already listed for Jerry Fish.

Any hoping for Suede, Radiohead(heh) be prepared to be underwhelmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Red bull announcement later today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

neddynono wrote: »
    Red bull announcement later today!

Where it say this :O :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mmcd93

anybody organising a bus from Galway? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Kila seem to be doing what looks suspiciously like a warm up gig in Whelans in the next week.

Pd66

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Pleasure Beach no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pleasure Beach no doubt

Good band; carbon copy of War on Drugs imo

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

everlast75 wrote: »
    Good Irish band but spoiled slightly for me when I heard Joe Donnelly compare their latest single, Magic Mountain ,to this on TXFM

listen for yourselves-
    https://soundcloud.com/pleasurebeachband/magic-mountain-1

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Is that the London grime hip hop act that played Glastonbury this year, Shutdown was the track that was played I think, I don't know if that style is in for Irish festivals here, but I would welcome these guys, refreshing and energetic with the beats and measure of the tunes in odd places, pretty cool actually.
    Would love to see Wiley turn up #ESKI
    Madder than seeing Cypress Hill play Thurles in 94 it would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Red Bull Announcement

Friday, 2nd Sept:
    Fish Go Deep, Colm K, Timmy Stewart, Discotekken, Galactic Beat Club, Ciara Brady, KC

Saturday, 3rd Sept:
    Mr. Scruff, Phil Boyle, Nialler9, Sim Simma, This Greedy Pig, James Hannan

Sunday, 4th Sept:
    New Jackson, Billy Scurry, Stevie G, Donal Dineen, Hubie Davison, Mr. Ray, Dave McCabe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well that's disappointing as fukc.
    like the new woods stage, loads of irish DJs you can see here every week.

New Jackson will be good, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I actually love how local the DJ lineup has gone tbh. Done this discussion on this very thread just a couple of weeks ago though, so I won't repeat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

everlast75 wrote: »
    Pleasure Beach no doubt

If that's the case I must check them out pronto.
    Few bands in the world at the level of The War on Drugs.
    Their set last year was one of the finest I've seen in 20 years+ of going to festivals, albeit I was in a well enhanced state.
    Magical stuff

Red Bull Announcement

Friday, 2nd Sept:
    Fish Go Deep, Colm K, Timmy Stewart, Discotekken, Galactic Beat Club, Ciara Brady, KC

Saturday, 3rd Sept:

Sunday, 4th Sept:
    New Jackson, Billy Scurry, Stevie G, Donal Dineen, Hubie Davison, Mr. Ray, Dave McCabe

That's underwhelming to say the least IMO

Their set last year was one of the finest I've seen in 20 years+ of going to festivals, albeit I was in a well enhanced state.
    Magical stuff

War on Drugs could come back and play that exact same set over and over again and I'd never get bored of it. I was worried that their music wouldn't translate well to live (being full of lots of subtle, intricate little background guitar elements) but it was absolutely incredible and the sound in the arena was the best I'd heard since Kraftwerk '05.

Then I went and had a similar incredible experience at Tame Impala and Benjamin Clementine last year too. It was a good year to go there solo!

Best news about the Red Bull thing is they're bringing the same great stage they used at Dekmantel image-687x386.png

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    Magical stuff

War on Drugs could come back and play that exact same set over and over again and I'd never get bored of it. I was worried that their music wouldn't translate well to live (being full of lots of subtle, intricate little background guitar elements) but it was absolutely incredible and the sound in the arena was the best I'd heard since Kraftwerk '05.

Then I went and had a similar incredible experience at Tame Impala and Benjamin Clementine last year too. It was a good year to go there solo!

Agree 100%.
    Every song seemed to last about 7 or 8 minutes, and the sound and feedback reverberated around the tent better than I've heard for almost any other gig in there... I'd seen them open Glasto two years ago and wanted to make sure I was in the finest state possible for it, which worked.
    And the crowd seemed to absolutely lap it up... the atmosphere was brilliant.
    I had to stand outside for a few minutes after it and get my **** together!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MJohnston wrote: »
    Best news about the Red Bull thing is they're bringing the same great stage they used at Dekmantel image-687x386.png

hope for a cool day, it was an utter sweatbox at Dekmantel last weekend, even with the roof half open!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

Agree 100%.
    Every song seemed to last about 7 or 8 minutes, and the sound and feedback reverberated around the tent better than I've heard for almost any other gig in there... I'd seen them open Glasto two years ago and wanted to make sure I was in the finest state possible for it, which worked.

Had seen WOD twice in decent venues and the sound was ****e both times...
    I had very little expectations of the gig at EP last year; but much like MJo and shanty, it turned out to be the absolute highlight last year and one of the best in all my EP years...

roll wrote: »
    Agree 100%.

Had seen WOD twice in decent venues and the sound was ****e both times...
    I had very little expectations of the gig at EP last year; but much like MJo and shanty, it turned out to be the absolute highlight last year and one of the best in all my EP years...

Good to know my joyous state at the time didn't affect my judgement!

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Where it say this :O :O

Sorry I was offline there. I have a source and clearly it's right as the red bull lineup was announced 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

hope for a cool day, it was an utter sweatbox at Dekmantel last weekend, even with the roof half open!

Greg and Shane finishing off Friday night i'd expect it to be a sweat box wouldn't want it any other way!!

Was at an All Tvvins instore performance today and asked them about the picnic, they said no. Have 2 Olympia shows so they said that's it 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Red Bull Announcement

Friday, 2nd Sept:

Saturday, 3rd Sept:

Sunday, 4th Sept:

is this the rave in the woods or another stage in the arena?

showpony1 wrote: »
    is this the rave in the woods or another stage in the arena?

As above it's a new tropical themed stage in the main arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Red Bull Announcement

Friday, 2nd Sept:

Saturday, 3rd Sept:

Sunday, 4th Sept:

Positive hat: Good to have a new extra area in the main arena, it will surely help to spread the crowd out a bit more. Some really good Irish DJs on the line up too, I can definitely see myself spending some time down there on the Sunday, New Jackson has been brilliant any time I've seen him. The stage looks cool if they are bringing that one from Dekmantel!

Negative hat: Disappointing that in previous years Red Bull have booked some big international DJs such as Joy O, Ben Klock, Todd Terry, Paul Woolford, etc. but this year Mr.Scruff is the only non-Irish DJ they have booked. Also sounds like it is going to be very similar music to Casa Bacardi? Personally a good thing for me, but seems strange to have two areas which seem basically identical.

Verdict: Happy enough with it as there are a lot of DJs I would have an interest in seeing, but expected a few bigger headliners. Puts a bit more pressure on next Fridays announcement IMO.

I wonder what time the music will finish at on this stage?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement