Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Two people a few pages back recommended DBFC , plutonic dust and Toby Kaar to me , all 3 are great , love them , thanks very much for the heads up . Any more great recommendations like that ?
    Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Two people a few pages back recommended DBFC , plutonic dust and Toby Kaar to me , all 3 are great , love them , thanks very much for the heads up . Any more great recommendations like that ?
    Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

alastair wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for the return of Daft as Punk, ideally with the stimulants victim who kept messing with their kit. Epic entertainment.

LCD
    King Kong Company
    Interskalactic
    Booka Brass Band
    Stomptown Brass Band
    Song for Europe at My Lovely Ranch
    Sunday night at Jerry Fish
    Joey Bada$ looks promising
    Unexpected encounters and anyone who brings the party
    daft as punk close the oxjam tent at 3am sun morning IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

hope to catch these, bound to be some clashes

new order
    the chems
    NGHFB
    LCD
    Todd terje
    editors
    savages
    glass animals
    pantha du prince
    Daniel avery
    **** robot
    girls names
    DBFC
    Malojian (local lad from Lurgan playing body and soul)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

pantha du prince

I gave Triad a listen a few weeks back and it sounded a bit dull. I've liked some of his previous stuff, though. Maybe it'll be better live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Just went shopping for EP.. getting excited now.
    Got my cans (finally at the age where I know ill have loads in 24) got the snacks (hopefully they'll last to EP)

How much is a slab theses days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

hope to catch these, bound to be some clashes

new order
    the chems
    NGHFB
    LCD
    Todd terje
    editors
    savages
    glass animals
    pantha du prince
    Daniel avery
    **** robot
    girls names
    DBFC
    Malojian (local lad from Lurgan playing body and soul)

Seriously get wolf alice onto that list!!

https://open.spotify.com/track/66cNtD4xcTkEfwQ1ZX8Bn5

https://open.spotify.com/track/4CDpzEHoj9vUZnLeIb94uo

https://open.spotify.com/track/00rgPsaLJHuq1Qm7sdMHOD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

New sleeping bag arrived today. Seriously comfy. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Fatfrog wrote:
    How much is a slab theses days?

Heineken regularly goes for 28 when on special in Tesco..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I presume the Heineken offer to take your slabs and put them in a chiller down in Jimmy Hendrix only applies to cans of Heineken?
    Anyone know if stonewell cider is available in cans anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭Stillill42

must-see: LCD

the rest are varying levels of "would like to see but wouldn't really care about missing them". and most of those i've seen in the past 2 years anyway.

This. Although I'll add Broken Social Scene, too, having stupidly decided to watch a terrible World Cup final instead of them at Oxegen many moons ago.

I'll exert some kind of effort to catch the following but won't cry if I don't:

New Order
    The Shins
    SFA
    Daniel Avery
    Girls Names
    Ninos Du Brasil
    Booka Brass Band
    Pete Pamf

Saw Broken Social Scene a few years back in Vicar Street, they were flipping brilliant. Themselves and the Shins top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

sadie06 wrote: »
    Re: Daft as Punk. Having soaked up Tradiohead a few years back, I'm sure I'd enjoy them. Check out Daft Punk Unchained on Netflix…anyone who attended the legendary Marlay Park gig will thoroughly enjoy it…as will all fans.

3 am on Friday night. Oxjam tent. Sounds good.
    Disclaimer - they're not as 'interpretive' as Tradiohead, and tbh, they weren't technically that good last time, but that probably had something to do with the challenges of trying to work around a tripping punter determined to twiddle knobs. But for two lads in helmets fiddling with ableton, or whatever, they were great fun altogether.

Watched the Daft Punk Unchained docu. I was at Marlay Park gig, and didn't realise they had gigged so little since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

3am? We'll all be out of our minds by then anyway. Sounds good to me.

alastair wrote: »
    3 am on Friday night. Oxjam tent. Sounds good.
    Disclaimer - they're not as 'interpretive' as Tradiohead, and tbh, they weren't technically that good last time, but that probably had something to do with the challenges of trying to work around a tripping punter determined to twiddle knobs. But for two lads in helmets fiddling with ableton, or whatever, they were great fun altogether.

Watched the Daft Punk Unchained docu. I was at Marlay Park gig, and didn't realise they had gigged so little since.

Is it the Friday night or Sunday night I thought someone said earlier ? Hope it's not Sunday , I won't last till 3 am on the last night

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

New sleeping bag arrived today. Seriously comfy. Happy days.

Now that you mention sleeping bags, I was lucky enough to pick up one of these bad boys before I got back to Ireland.

51226_centaurussleepsuit_b_f52.jpg

Snarky Snark Snark

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Now that you mention sleeping bags, I was lucky enough to pick up one of these bad boys before I got back to Ireland.

looks like a tramp riot squad hybrid

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

I presume the Heineken offer to take your slabs and put them in a chiller down in Jimmy Hendrix only applies to cans of Heineken?

Stonewall cider? Can't say I've had the pleasure....

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Unfortunately stonewell not available in cans!

Lemaitre have few decent tunes to have a little bop to

https://youtu.be/cLbTj7fFU1U

https://youtu.be/kGVP85K0CP0

https://youtu.be/lZokHdrYhqQ

Is it the Friday night or Sunday night I thought someone said earlier ? Hope it's not Sunday , I won't last till 3 am on the last night

Friday night, i'm feeling scared about saturday already, daft as punk, fish go deep, chemical brothers and hopefully barry redsetta and flexfab just to completely drive the boot in, would make for a savage friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Spent a lot of the weekend having a good look through the main line up (working my way down the poster!), my list to see so far:

LCD Soundsystem
    New Order
    Chemical Brothers
    Todd Terje
    Wild Beasts
    Bat for Lashes
    Nas
    Toots & Maytals
    Daniel Avery
    **** Robot
    John Talabot

Guaranteed to only end up seeing about half of them. Will work my way through a lot of the other areas line ups too including Body & Soul over the next week or so, if anyone has any recommendations send them my way!

Adultrock is definitely one off the Body & Soul list I'll go and see, same goes for Plutonic Dust.

Oh and I heard yesterday that Picture This have been booked for the main stage! Not sure what day, wouldn't be my thing but some of you might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Who?

Who?

Two lads from Athy, doing pretty well for themselves at the moment. Played 3 sold out shows in the Olympia a couple of weeks ago according to their facebook. As I said, wouldn't be a fan myself but Irish people seem to lap this type of stuff up for some reason. Along the likes of Kodaline I would say..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Two lads from Athy, doing pretty well for themselves at the moment. Played 3 sold out shows in the Olympia a couple of weeks ago according to their facebook. As I said, wouldn't be a fan myself but Irish people seem to lap this type of stuff up for some reason. Along the likes of Kodaline I would say..

Yeah wouldn't be my cup of tea either, i could see why Kodaline would be on the main stage but never heard of these before.

Not down with the kids no more i suppose!

It's fairly inoffensive like, but it's just so dull and bland I don't know how people can get excited about it. A lot of my friends (mostly girls) like Kodeline, they'd probably love that band too, not my thing although I did watch Kodeline on the main stage at EP a few years ago and it was an enjoyable enough singalong type gig. I was only there because my girlfriend at the time was mad about them. I blame The Coronas for starting this trend of sh!te in Ireland.

I'll take them over Nathan Carter any day..

Snarky Snark Snark

18 sleeps

Snarky Snark Snark

I'll take them over Nathan Carter any day..

I'd take a bout of galloping knob rot over Nathan Carter

• Advertisement

Just saw on Facebook that Cage The Elephant's european tour starts in 3 days. They'd be a good addition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement