Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Fatfrog wrote: »
    How much is a slab theses days?

Went in with the weekly shop, but I git 3 8 packs, 13 quid each I think. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are Feeder a possibility? They are playing in October and would fit into the 90s genre bracket?

(I would be very ****ing happy if they were announced!)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

everlast75 wrote: »
    Are Feeder a possibility? They are playing in October and would fit into the 90s genre bracket?

(I would be very ****ing happy if they were announced!)

Poor old Feeder, cursed by the Gods into having to play the 4pm slot at every festival they appear at

room_149 wrote: »
    Poor old Feeder, cursed by the Gods into having to play the 4pm slot at every festival they appear at

Some amazing singles and one or two rock solid albums too. Never were as big as they should have been imo

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

everlast75 wrote: »
    Some amazing singles and one or two rock solid albums too. Never were as big as they should have been imo
    Yeah they probably got unfairly lumped in with all those bad US Rock bands in the early 00s, despite being Brits
    This always makes me smile-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

MadYaker wrote: »
    It's fairly inoffensive like, but it's just so dull and bland I don't know how people can get excited about it. A lot of my friends (mostly girls) like Kodeline, they'd probably love that band too, not my thing although I did watch Kodeline on the main stage at EP a few years ago and it was an enjoyable enough singalong type gig. I was only there because my girlfriend at the time was mad about them. I blame The Coronas for starting this trend of sh!te in Ireland.

Bland is all the rage these days! Recent scientific studies show that current pop music doesn't stimulate a baby's brain the way other eras have as it's not complex enough.

A couple of years before they played the main-stage, a little known Kodaline played an afternoon slot on the main stage in B&S. I loved it….it was way edgier than they ended up becoming.

Once their mushy song got picked up by Grey's Anatomy they realised which side their bread was buttered on and I suspect they decided to just keep writing it…forever! Blandaline was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

after casa bacardi closed on the friday last year i ended up in some tent nearby where there was a DJ playing all hip hop and chart tunes - DR.Dre/Snoop, the killers stuff like that, think it was a white tent. anyone any idea the name of that tent i was very inebriated at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rubyscooby

Even in anticipation of Friday's announcement I have to say I'm quite the happy camper....

Chems/New Order/LCD/Nao/Todd/Toots/Nathaniel/John Talabot/S*** Robot/Joey Bada$$/Jack Garrett/Wolf Alice/Booke Brass/Kano/Little Simz/Nas/Daniel Avery/Phosphorescent/Shins/DaftAsPunk

That's quite the little list I have right there already & I feel like I'm getting my monies worth!! I honestly think this is shaping up to be an amazing picnic. There will also be plenty of time for wandering in and out of other stages finding hidden treasures.

showpony1 wrote: »
    after casa bacardi closed on the friday last year i ended up in some tent nearby where there was a DJ playing all hip hop and chart tunes - DR.Dre/Snoop, the killers stuff like that, think it was a white tent. anyone any idea the name of that tent i was very inebriated at the time.

f50ddb80ec5f65212ada08ad14198a6d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

looks like a tramp riot squad hybrid

Ya they use them in the homeless special forces...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Fatfrog wrote: »
    hope to catch these, bound to be some clashes

new order
    the chems
    NGHFB
    LCD
    Todd terje
    editors
    savages
    glass animals
    pantha du prince
    Daniel avery
    **** robot
    girls names
    DBFC
    Malojian (local lad from Lurgan playing body and soul)

Seriously get wolf alice onto that list!!

https://open.spotify.com/track/66cNtD4xcTkEfwQ1ZX8Bn5

https://open.spotify.com/track/4CDpzEHoj9vUZnLeIb94uo

https://open.spotify.com/track/00rgPsaLJHuq1Qm7sdMHOD
    Seen them in Belfast last year and was very underwhelmed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dublingaa

I know I'm ridiculously late, but does anyone know were i could rent a 4 berth Campervan or caravan??

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Any predictions for Fridays announcement? Richard Ashcroft and Frightened Rabbit are both supporting Noel in Glasgow the week before so they could be possibilities. Also electric fields the same weekend has some great acts like twilight sad and songhoy blues I'd love to see play.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

I think we will get

James Bay (missus loves him he had stradbally on his website for Sept about 3 months ago then it dissapeared)

Bastille (unfortunately)

Picture This (at least my kids will be happy)

I'd love a Carl Cox set (he plays bestival week after and with The Chems the week before )

I think we will get

James Bay (missus loves him he had stradbally on his website for Sept about 3 months ago then it dissapeared)

Bastille (unfortunately)

I'd love a Carl Cox set (he plays bestival week after and with The Chems the week before )
    I think this is pretty much bang on, a few more filler acts too.
    Hopefully there'll be one more headline act, we dare not speak their name... R*******d, but I doubt it.
    Here's hoping the weather is like the past couple of days. A nice 23 degrees for the 3 days would lead to plenty of skin on show... and with the obligatory sunglasses the missus will be less likely to catch me having a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Lzmunky wrote: »
    R*******d, but I doubt it.

Radiohead were already announced. Keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Air have a free weekend after their US dates before kicking off in Italy on Sep 6, would love to see them announced. Massive Attack are in Bristol Sep 3 but free the other two days of that weekend. Faithless last date up is Ibiza on Weds Aug 27 (that sounds like a tour closer though).

Weather like the last couple of days would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lost of closing party's in Ibiza the week before ep, would like to see Example and Yoda make an appearance.

I think we will get

Bastille (unfortunately)

Do you not think Two door cinema club are nailed on?
    wish had of got Tinie Tempah over Sea sessions would
    have been amazing in a tent over someone like kano

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I think we will get

Bastille (unfortunately)

Jesus. That's a depressing bunch. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Coronas, so.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Jesus. That's a depressing bunch. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Coronas, so.

I've resigned to them being there... but I'm sure I'll find something else to do whilst their on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I think we will get

Bastille (unfortunately)

Alas I fear you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I've heard that ABC might be filling the 80's nostalgia spot, which would probably put the kibosh on Echo and the Bunnymen. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

alastair wrote: »
    I've heard that ABC might be filling the 80's nostalgia spot, which would probably put the kibosh on Echo and the Bunnymen. :(

ABC would be superb, I likes the bunnymen but boyos voice is well ropey live.

Think ABC are doing a lexicon of lurve special at the moment too.

I'd welcome that, caught half their set in 2009 (start clashed with Magazine) and they were superb. They'll be touring Lexicon of Love 1 & 2. We could have them both though. And/or Squeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Lost of closing party's in Ibiza the week before ep, would like to see Example and Yoda make an appearance.

Yoda playing electric fields week before so quite possible

ABC would be superb, I likes the bunnymen but boyos voice is well ropey live.

Think ABC are doing a lexicon of lurve special at the moment too.
    And half the set is him breaking off mid-track to do The Doors & Lou Reed.

checked Yoda's website - playing a festival on the friday but nothing on the sat or sunday.
    i suppose could get him if wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Apparently we can all go swimming at this years festival. Nice idea, something a bit different. It's the old man in me, but I'm not sure rock festival and swimming is a terribly safe combination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pack your swimming costumes - we are introducing swimming in the lake at this year's festival.
    With only a couple of weeks to go, we are delight to announced that for the first time, Picnickers will have the opportunity to swim in the lake at Electric Picnic. The manmade lake was created by the Cosby family, the ancestral owners of Stradbally Hall, during the early 18th Century. Since then it has been maintained by the family, including a memorable excavation during the 1870s when a hundred men, who worked in the local malting factory, manually dredged the lake.

To reach the lake, follow the sign-posted riverside path leading from the Jimi Hendrix Campsite area. Picnic lifeguards will be on duty to watch out for everyone’s safety over the course of the weekend.

Adults can participate as long as they are competent swimmers, while kids can splash around when accompanied by a responsible adult who can swim.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY WILL APPLY

Opening times:

Friday: 2pm -5pm families only / 5.30pm-7.00pm adults only
    Saturday: 10am-1pm families only / 1.30pm-7.00pm adults only
    Sunday: 10am-1pm families only / 1.30pm-7.00pm adults only

I'd like to think so or this is a disaster waiting to happen :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement