Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FlimFlam

Hello. I'd love a discount code if anyone has one going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Would also love a loyalty code if any are going spare :)

The girlfriend left it too late as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

13 mins left before the codes are useless right?

They will release some again I'm sure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

when's the next instalment due to be taken out?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Around Dec 1st I believe, then Feb 1st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

So can we expect any form of announcement before Christmas? If the cheapy tickets are gone, might they announce a headliner to sell what's left quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

andreac wrote: »

Some amount of burner Samsungs phones

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I missed the boat here I think. The ticketmaster website stated 30th Nov as the closing date for €160 tickets. Did these sell out or was the date changed to Nov 3rd as discussed on previous pages of this thread? The only tickets available now seem to be €200 outright or €68 (initial deposit) on payment plan.

Is the €160 and €180 tickets with proof of previous purchases gone now yeah? Suppose no rush to buy the €200 ticket as it will stay that price for a good few months?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I missed the boat here I think. The ticketmaster website stated 30th Nov as the closing date for €160 tickets. Did these sell out or was the date changed to Nov 3rd as discussed on previous pages of this thread?

Yeah, I think they said they were ending it early as they had sold their quota of discounted tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I missed the boat here I think. The ticketmaster website stated 30th Nov as the closing date for €160 tickets. Did these sell out or was the date changed to Nov 3rd as discussed on previous pages of this thread? The only tickets available now seem to be €200 outright or €68 (initial deposit) on payment plan.

Is the €160 and €180 tickets with proof of previous purchases gone now yeah? Suppose no rush to buy the €200 ticket as it will stay that price for a good few months?

Thanks

I think they stay at €200 until some time next year before going up to full price of €250ish, or if it sells out first. I don't remember the dates or amounts tbh!

An article on the Indo a few weeks ago said that 50% of tickets were already sold. I don't know if that is true or is it a rumour coming from EP's side to drum up ticket sales ahead of Christmas but take it whichever way you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Did they not update the website with the actual date it was ending?

They had two stints if codes last year for tickets if I remember correctly but might have changed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Tickets arrived yesterday in the post, only about 10 months to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Wilco and John Grant just announced for headline shows at the Iveagh Gardens so might be ruled out of Picnic on that basis.

Now once Radiohead and the Stone Roses don't turn up in Laois my plan not to go has been vindicated...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Have the installment dates been changed ??

From their website "If you purchase your ticket using this scheme your first instalment of €68 will be taken immediately along with a service charge of €6.10. Your second instalment of €66 will be taken on Friday 5th February 2016 and your third and final payment will be taken on Friday 1st April 2016."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Your instalment dates depend on when you bought your ticket.

Check your confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

My payment dates will be 1st Dec & 1st Feb.
    Paid the first installment when I initally purchased them in Sept.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/tickets

If you purchased between the 11th September 2015 and 2nd November 2015 your initial deposit and service charge will be charged upon purchase. Your 2nd payment/instalment will be made on or around Tuesday 1st December 2015 and your 3rd and final payment/instalment will be processed on or around Monday 1st February 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Holy Sheet! just looked at the pink moon 3m bell that we stayed in last year. It was €275 last year. This year its €420.

420!!!! thats nearly €150 of an increase or to be pedantic, 53% higher than last year.

just gone and ruled me out. Mrs is gutted.

Total cost would have been 2x€200 + €420= €820 before any drinks/food.

Crazy Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You sure it's gone up that much?
    I got a 2 man tipi package (matresss & sleeping bag) for €445 in 2014. For 2016 it's €499. Increase of €55 only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Holy Sheet! just looked at the pink moon 3m bell that we stayed in last year. It was €275 last year. This year its €420.

420!!!! thats nearly €150 of an increase or to be pedantic, 53% higher than last year.

Crazy Ted.

I seen that last week. It was €275 at the end of November and I meant to book it but forgot. Looked last week and seen the price increase and died a little. I mailed them to see if they could do anything but got nothing back.

I ended up booking a "2 Man Super Spacious Rainbow Tipi". They're €275 at the minute and I was in one last year for a few minutes - they're almost identical in size to the 2 man bell tent that's now €420

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Queen just announced isle of wight ...my life would be complete if they turned up at picnic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Queen just announced isle of wight ...my life would be complete if they turned up at picnic:D

But its not Queen without freddie !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Crazy Ted.

If you really want to go would you not just book one of the cheaper two man tents?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

All their tents have gone up this year, some a bit more than others from the looks of it.

Smug and happy that i had mine booked when i booked me ticket at last years prices

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Crazy Ted.

the 3m bell tent at Glastonbury is a tenner cheaper, and that's for 5 nights!

All their tents have gone up this year, some a bit more than others from the looks of it.

Smug and happy that i had mine booked when i booked me ticket at last years prices

Kicking myself I didn't buy it a couple of weeks ago. Went to do it one day but got distracted (by something shiny)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Synode wrote: »

Fuppin €74 fuppin quid!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Crazy Ted.

Bla'tent' rip off!! (I'll get my coat!)
    The original ethos of the picnic was very much against the chancer in the clapped out van, charging €25 for a burger and bottle of water. They had tight controls over certain costs. But this is taking da piss! 53%!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The pixies playing in europe next summer.....a must for the picnic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement