Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

maximoose wrote: »
    Except for when it's not :pac:

Haha! Didn't even read my own link :o:D

Still won't be going near it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

White Lies announced a new European tour. No Irish dates although they aren't even near the UK until the end of November so I'm not too hopeful. Haven't seen them since they played the Ambassador in 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Daniel Avery from a week ago.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

AdMMM wrote: »
    White Lies announced a new European tour. No Irish dates although they aren't even near the UK until the end of November so I'm not too hopeful. Haven't seen them since they played the Ambassador in 2014!

White Denim though played a gig at Whelans yesterday, are they related.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Daniel Avery from a week ago

Big fish little fish cardboard box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Is it true you only need the confirmation print out on the day for pink moon and you don't in fact need to amend names on the booking? I've been hearing different answers from different people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

We just showed up with our confirmation email last year

Snarky Snark Snark

Aye, i only have ever brought the confirmation e-mail (with the barcode), if you've bought the booking from some one, then I'm not sure how that one works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

B&S taking bookings for Hot Tubs etc if anyone's interested.

http://bodyandsoul2016.appointy.com/

Snarky Snark Snark

Ball bag soup kitchen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

And near thirty quid a head for four of you to sit in said ball bag soup for 50 mins, no thanks.

Snarky Snark Snark

ouchy, that's rather a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Big fish little fish cardboard box

Dimitri Vega and Like Mike a possibility? nothing in their calendar that weekend, doing cream filelds the weekend before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pretty sure it was €60 for a 4-man one 3 years ago....

Snarky Snark Snark

Dimitri Vega and Like Mike a possibility? nothing in their calendar that weekend, doing cream filelds the weekend before.

I don't know, I was taking the pish

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

rocks1981 wrote: »

They really are going all out with the uesless tacky **** this year.

It used to be about the music man!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

rocks1981 wrote: »

coke induced marketing babble.

They really are going all out with the uesless tacky **** this year.

yeah but according to some posters on here, if they don't add more and more tacky sh1t every year, there'd be no money to book acts :rolleyes:

probably more tacky crap now than there was at oxegen. it's ok though, there's some fairy lights and paper maché hanging from a few trees...

Snarky Snark Snark

• Advertisement

Over the weekend, a full lineup of activities will be led by the motel’s resident Chief Thief and will include some live pop-up performances.

Motel guests will have the opportunity to get involved in a number of activities like lip sync battles, with lots of on-the-spot opportunities to win.

A host of well-known DJs will take to the poolside decks, playing all the ultimate hits of the past few decades.

my own personal hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

thanks.

that makes slightly more sense. but they started saying "there's nowhere to go between acts" and i though, oh this looks good a place to chill between acts without going back to tent or being walked on. And then they say youll be "given a time to party" or you need an appointment. which sounds like way to much hassle. You might as well go back to your tent.

yeah but according to some posters on here, if they don't add more and more tacky sh1t every year, there'd be no money to book acts :rolleyes:

probably more tacky crap now than there was at oxegen. it's ok though, there's some fairy lights and paper maché hanging from a few trees...

Yeah, i can see the point about needing a new area/stage to disperse increased numbers but all of this nonsense is not going to do that.

I mean, who in their right minds want's to dance in an empty swimming pool or see Roz Purcell cook a ****ing Creme Brulee?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Think they're also missing a large reason why people spend time in the campsite
    Research conducted by Orchard Thieves has revealed that, on average, festival attendees spend 12.5 hours a day in the campsite waiting (dealing with hangovers for sure)

They also stay so they can drink their own booze rather than go to tacky motels and pay €6 for piss like Orchard Thieves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Lip sync battles? Cringe. I'd rather put up with the carnival than this tacky sounding lip sync/motel area. At least a carnival is somewhat festivally as opposed to watching a bunch of eejits battle it out on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I mean, who in their right minds want's to dance in an empty swimming pool or see Roz Purcell cook a ****ing Creme Brulee?

Take a look at the twitter and Facebook comments under these announcements and you'll see a long list of "omg babes we have to do this".

Snarky Snark Snark

Take a look at the twitter and Facebook comments under these announcements and you'll see a long list of "omg babes we have to do this".

think i might have a look so... for totes reasons...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Meh, these things are a sideshow that you can avoid very easily. Like that Heineken Sound Atlas thing or the Surf Laundromania, not worth getting stressed about

Jim Carroll gives a few suggestions of actual acts to go and see, if you're looking for some suggestions for your EP playlist:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/there-will-be-over-1-000-acts-at-electric-picnic-here-are-10-you-should-not-miss-1.2758504

probably be too busy getting locked all day in the campsite to bother though tbf
    Research conducted by Orchard Thieves has revealed that, on average, festival attendees spend 12.5 hours a day in the campsite waiting (dealing with hangovers for sure) and another six hours sleeping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 dickiepower

Been a good few times and going back again this year.

This nonsense is their every year but thankfully off to the side of the main stage and I've largely ignored it when I've been there. These sponsored tents probably helps support the festival but seems there are more and more each year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement