Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Aye, i only have ever brought the confirmation e-mail (with the barcode), if you've bought the booking from some one, then I'm not sure how that one works.

Did you have to show ID or prove the booking was yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not that I can remember, think it was just the printout that I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Same here. just the printout.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Really sound like it's going to be a water party in the motel.

Snarky Snark Snark

Really sound like it's going to be a water party in the motel.

5b2e0b290fa293e8480d5a51a9fc8afd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You couldn't pay me to swim in that lake! 3 days of everyone pissing left right and centre all over the site and where does it all drain into I wonder?!? By Sunday it'll be mostly piss. Never mind people going for an aqua poo on top of that, no thanks.

Snarky Snark Snark

people really do seem obsessed with wee in the lake.

5b2e0b290fa293e8480d5a51a9fc8afd.jpg

Can see it turning into this..

Snarky Snark Snark

not sure I want to know what search terms you used to find that.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

Give it a year and the lake will be sponsored by Ballygowan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I think we may all need to regain some perspective here. They're not going to be emptying the portaloos into the lake. Nothing is going to drain into it. No one is going to take a dump in it.

A few people will relieve themselves, just like they do in every lake, swimming pool or hot tub you've ever been in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

sadie06 wrote: »
    I'd rather put my kids in the synchronised diving pool in Rio than in the lake at EP and that's saying something!

It really looks like they are clutching at straws trying to spread the crowd out a bit.

Nah, sure the crowds only concentrate at night when the lake will be closed. There is no over crowding during the day.

Just a bit of a gimmick, might be good fun if we get a bit of sun.
    The swimming thing seems to work at Wilderness Festival in Oxfordshire, where EP possibly got the idea from. However, going by the reports here the water there may be more hygenic:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

A few people will relieve themselves, just like they do in every lake, swimming pool or hot tub you've ever been in.

People relieve themselves in hot tubs???? Yikes....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

They're not going to be emptying the portaloos into the lake. Nothing is going to drain into it.

Well, depending on where the water table is, all those fence pissers might end up contributing to the lake a wee bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Was it Orchard Thieves that had that little area across from the Electric Arena last year? Bar, bit of seating, lights etc? It was nothing fancy but I used it a good bit last year. Nice spot to meet people, take a half hour for a relax and a pint, bit of a chat. I assume this Motel announcement means the end of that, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't remember that but I can't drink that stuff it's way too sweet

MadYaker wrote: »

It's it just the first one or two, 3rds a charm.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Was it Orchard Thieves that had that little area across from the Electric Arena last year? Bar, bit of seating, lights etc? It was nothing fancy but I used it a good bit last year. Nice spot to meet people, take a half hour for a relax and a pint, bit of a chat. I assume this Motel announcement means the end of that, then.
    That was it. And it was far less busy than the other bars nearby, no queues but still sold Tiger & other beers so saved some time when running between acts. Also handy for taking a break as a few seats there. Another good bar bites the dust. Anyone remember the western style saloon bar they had in the early years, up where Electric Ireland is now? Used to have sawdust, swing doors and live country bands. I miss that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    That was it. And it was far less busy than the other bars nearby, no queues but still sold Tiger & other beers so saved some time when running between acts. Also handy for taking a break as a few seats there. Another good bar bites the dust. Anyone remember the western style saloon bar they had in the early years, up where Electric Ireland is now? Used to have sawdust, swing doors and live country bands. I miss that.

What? when was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The feckers can't leave well enough alone. They all have to out-hipster each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

MadYaker wrote: »

I my first pint of it at ep and after a sip binned it and went for wine...far too sweet. Is there anywhere to get bulmers at all?

What? when was this?
    2006-2008/2009 I reckon. It was our crowd's meeting point for a few years.

Anyone remember the western style saloon bar they had in the early years, up where Electric Ireland is now? Used to have sawdust, swing doors and live country bands. I miss that.

Sure do, but don't remember the country bands. Can remember the floor being very bouncy.
    There was another club there with loads of topless women around that time, remember one of the lads with us climbing up on the rigging and throwing off all his clothes. There was a wardrobe when you walked in and could dress up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

2006-2008/2009 I reckon. It was our crowd's meeting point for a few years.

I have no memory of that whatsoever! And i was there all those years.

I saw a mention of the Avalanches a few pages back, is there any more rumours about apart from the inevitable(Coronas etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

while on the topic of what used to be there, I have a distinct recollection of a tent in a far flung corner which has steps down to a wooden dance floor area and a dj playing. probably 4 or so years ago? none of my mates can remember it. hopefully one of ye can verify?

There was steps down to the bar sean on about and a wooden dancefloor, it was a tent but disguised like a bar...think they changed from the country theme but kept the floor...probably fit 100 on the floor?

Anyone remember the western style saloon bar they had in the early years, up where Electric Ireland is now? Used to have sawdust, swing doors and live country bands. I miss that.

Sure do, but don't remember the country bands. Can remember the floor being very bouncy.
    There was another club there with loads of topless women around that time, remember one of the lads with us climbing up on the rigging and throwing off all his clothes. There was a wardrobe when you walked in and could dress up.
    That was the Lost Vagueness Burlesque bar. Near empty every time I wandered in. I guess the old axiom is true that Irishmen prefer pints to near-naked women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

There used to be a tent think it could of been called "this is pop baby" maybe I'm totally wrong but it was near arcadia. Was a strange place topless ladies walking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Was it the Pussy Parlour?

• Advertisement

There used to be a tent think it could of been called "this is pop baby" maybe I'm totally wrong but it was near arcadia. Was a strange place topless ladies walking around.
    This is Pop Baby was the drag queen tent, with an enormous blown up baby doll on the ceiling.

The topless tent was the Burlesque tent run by Lost Vagueness, the guys who originally came from Glastonbury.

Pussy Parlour was the wooden-floored bar with DJs, had steps down to the floor, was circular with seats all around the edge of the dancefloor.

The Saloon Bar was a sawdust-floored western themed bar with hokey country acts playing all day on a little stage.

All of the above now sadly missed and replaced with uninteresting corporate sh**e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement