Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Jimmys Juke Joint, but i think they're thinking about the craft beer place that was near the side entrance to body & soul. It was made up to look like a old style bar.

I spent a bit of Saturday last year in there.. was half cut going in so didn't realise it was 6.70 a pint until I was told Sunday... it hurts to think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Lzmunky wrote: »
    I spent a bit of Saturday last year in there.. was half cut going in so didn't realise it was 6.70 a pint until I was told Sunday... it hurts to think about it.

6.70? Jaysus, that's like Temple Bar prices.

Even €6 a drink is lunacy. It was a fiver a drink at Sea Sessions and I heard it was €10 for 3 cans at Scrobarnach. These festivals are on a much smaller scale but that doesn't mean we should have to fork out more for drink at EP just cos it's the big 'un.

6.70? Jaysus, that's like Temple Bar prices.

Even €6 a drink is lunacy. It was a fiver a drink at Sea Sessions and I heard it was €10 for 3 cans at Scrobarnach. These festivals are on a much smaller scale but that doesn't mean we should have to fork out more for drink at EP just cos it's the big 'un.
    Ya, Heineken was 6.20 if I remember right. The cider and craft stuff was 50cent more.. there's also a prosecco bar, but I couldn't drink that cat's p*ssh..

It's greed. Pure and simple. They could easily charge €5 a pint and make a killing, as they'd sell more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Pints were a fiver at the Iveagh Garden gigs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

There seems to be a massive amount of competitions for this now! Certainly more giveaways than previous years. I wonder how many tickets went to the sponsors this year, and at what price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/new-acts-announced-other-voices

Skipper's Alley, Fangclub and many more join Other Voices in the woods.
    With this year's festival just around the corner, Other Voices have announced a host of new Irish acts for their picturesque setting in the woods.

Expect to be treated to a dazzling performance from the seven-piece trad group Skipper's Alley, as well as a riff-laden set from rock trio Fangclub. For a more lyrical touch, witness the inspirational and passionate poetry of Stephen James Smith perform in the replica of Other Voices' spiritual home, St. James Church.

The Word Up Collective presents: Dyramid and Sam Ojo will bring their unique, collaborative hip-hop to the stage, while My Sweet Beloved promise a set of dreamy and dark indie. They will join previously announced acts such as Le Galaxie, Saint Sister, Julia Jacklin and Margaret Glaspy, along with some secret special guests.

Other Voices have also just released a very special collection of live recordings from Latitude Festival and Electric Picnic 2015. The compilation features one-off performances from Glen Hansard and friends, Villagers, Booka Brass Band, Wyvern Lingo, All We Are, Gavin James and many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Coz

The usual Thursday Lunchtime market in Fitzwillam Square is cancelled today and there are crews in there setting up marquees etc.

I suspect it may be the site of the "big announcement" tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/photos/a.125265509167.101362.85480429167/10154434825869168/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Coz wrote: »
    The usual Thursday Lunchtime market in Fitzwillam Square is cancelled today and there are crews in there setting up marquees etc.

I suspect it may be the site of the "big announcement" tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/Electricpicnic/photos/a.125265509167.101362.85480429167/10154434825869168/?type=3&theater

Heh, nope, that's where our work summer party will be tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Yeah they're playing Body & Soul main stage, hopefully around 1am or something.

I'd never heard of them until another poster posted this from them a few pages back:

That was me. You are most welcome. I knew it would go down well with a few people on here.

Fang club who have been added to the other voices lineup are a great band too. Very grunge like nirvana. Saw them a few weeks ago in whelans and they were fantastic. Recently Signed to a major label too so could be about to explode

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wonder if the Picnic thread will reach 10,000 posts before the festival kicks off, I've seen times where the thread has gained three or four pages with 40 posts each, well thats my setting anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I wonder if the Picnic thread will reach 10,000 posts before the festival kicks off, I've seen times where the thread has gained three or four pages with 40 posts each, well thats my setting anyway.

There'll definitely be a massive surge of posts tomorrow with the announcement. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

So Salty Dog at some stage later then the big reveal tomorrow. After that the real countdown begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There'll definitely be a massive surge of posts tomorrow with the announcement. :D

There will be but we're only just scraping the bollox of 6k posts with a years worth of ****e so far. cannot see it hitting 10k in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Coz

There will be but we're only just scraping the bollox of 6k posts with a years worth of ****e so far. cannot see it hitting 10k in two weeks.

Not without someone getting banned for Spamming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm hoping for James Blake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Bit of a yawn live to be honest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Any hope of Foals since they're back in Europe?

Toobz wrote: »

They played the marquee a month ago, I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Dont think its been posted on here yet, but New Order have the 4th down for the Picnic on their website -
    http://www.neworder.com/tour-dates/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

room_149 wrote: »
    Dont think its been posted on here yet, but New Order have the 4th down for the Picnic on their website -

I think a lot of us were working on that assumption

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Toobz wrote: »
    There is a gap in their schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

room_149 wrote: »

Posted weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

declanleo wrote: »
    Posted weeks ago
    Sorry for the spam so! I did a quick search on 'New Order' and nothing returned is all.
    Gallagher down for the 3rd on his site

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

A few new additions to Other Voices today:

Fangclub
    Skipper's Alley
    Dyramid and Sam Ojo
    Stephen James Smith
    My Sweet Beloved

Snarky Snark Snark

Is there a clashfinder thingy setup for EP yet this year?

edit : yes, yes there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I'm going to add Suede to my FLCs and Leftfield predictions. Well,hopes more than predictions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

I'm going to add Suede to my FLCs and Leftfield predictions. Well,hopes more than predictions!!

Any of those 3 would be perfect !

Snarky Snark Snark

Would we really get leftfield and chemicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

That would be an announcement right out of Leftfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Could Chase & Status be a possibility? Tickets to their UK tour (no Irish date yet) go on sale tomorrow, and they're playing Sundown festival on the 3rd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement