Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

bopper wrote: »
    Could Chase & Status be a possibility? .

Wot about Chas and Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Wot about Chas and Dave?

Or Chas chandler

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Pretty sure that no Avalanches announced tomorrow. They couldn't take the full band to Europe earlier in the Summer due to visa issues and now one of the guys is ill. A shame as the live stuff looks great.

Thanks to everyone who has supported The Avalanches this year, we are so pleased you are enjoying Wildflower.
    Preparations for our live show at Splendour are going well but unfortunately due to a medical condition requiring treatment in Australia, Tony has been advised against international travel for the next few months, so with great disappointment we have had to postpone some forthcoming festival appearances in Europe.
    Thanks to everyone worldwide who has made Wildflower such a success, and stay tuned for rescheduled and new live dates soon. Big Love,
    The Avalanches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that no Avalanches announced tomorrow. They couldn't take the full band to Europe earlier in the Summer due to visa issues and now one of the guys is ill. A shame as the live stuff looks great.

Thanks to everyone who has supported The Avalanches this year, we are so pleased you are enjoying Wildflower.
    Preparations for our live show at Splendour are going well but unfortunately due to a medical condition requiring treatment in Australia, Tony has been advised against international travel for the next few months, so with great disappointment we have had to postpone some forthcoming festival appearances in Europe.
    Thanks to everyone worldwide who has made Wildflower such a success, and stay tuned for rescheduled and new live dates soon. Big Love,
    The Avalanches.

I don't expect the Avalanches to be announced, but wasn't this 'medical condition' thing exposed as not-entirely-true?

Edit: not sure what the outcome was, but this was the piece I saw after the announcement was made
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/rock-city-finds-out-the-real-reason-the-avalanches-have-cancelled-overseas-tour-jagwar-ma-return--harts-and-john-steel-singers/news-story/d90c083b3e80006f424bfd436b866fab

Would we really get leftfield and chemicals?
    Not with LCD also. A pity as I'd much prefer Leftfield to the Chemicals, their performance in 2010 was mega. Plus I got two tickets on their guestlist that year. Hadn't happened before or since, and no prospect of it in the near future.

• Advertisement

The Avalanches.

I don't expect the Avalanches to be announced, but wasn't this 'medical condition' thing exposed as not-entirely-true?

Edit: not sure what the outcome was, but this was the piece I saw after the announcement was made
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/rock-city-finds-out-the-real-reason-the-avalanches-have-cancelled-overseas-tour-jagwar-ma-return--harts-and-john-steel-singers/news-story/d90c083b3e80006f424bfd436b866fab
    Ah, I'd not heard anything and can't access this article (nor similar articles elsewhere on the net - deliberate?). What does it say? A poster earlier this week said they'd be confirmed tomorrow hence my response.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

Gazelle Twin would be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

We'll never know for sure but could be an Avalanches sized gap in whatever gets announces tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Just noticed disclosure have a very large empty window coming up...

I've seen them live a few times and they've never failed to impress.

I'll put them on my prediction/wish list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

https://twitter.com/djjennygreene/status/766390092676100096

I am predicting that we'll end up getting a few Longitude acts and that's probably it, hopefully I'm wrong and there is something unique in there.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

If it's a 2fm "Dj" announcing something exciting, it's usually a bunch of 2fm "Dj"s on the jolly to an event and we should all be jolly excited for them as they're better than us and prettier than us and have more interesting lives than us.

Totes, Mmmm'kay?

Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    We'll never know for sure but could be an Avalanches sized gap in whatever gets announces tomorrow

It can go on the shelf with the haim sized gap which sits nicely beside the radiohead deluxe luxury edition gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

The Cure are playing the Saturday at Bestival..
    What's the chances of them being in tomorrow's announcement? Would love it if they were, as never seen them live even though I was at the last Picnic they played at in 2012 😳😳

Snarky Snark Snark

I'd be surprised, they are main stage headliner closers and we already have a full set of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 neilo87

Hope James are added.

What's the chances of them being in tomorrow's announcement? Would love it if they were, as never seen them live even though I was at the last Picnic they played at in 2012
    Pretty impressive to miss a band that hogged the main stage for nine hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

What's the chances of them being in tomorrow's announcement? Would love it if they were, as never seen them live even though I was at the last Picnic they played at in 2012 😳😳

probably more chance of Bestival Sunday headliners Wiz Khalifa and Sean Paul tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

I'm a late convert at the altar of the The Cure, what can i say! I really only started listening to their back catelogue in the last couple of years & so just recently became a fan. But WTF, really? Nine hours??!?

I'm a late convert at the altar of the The Cure, what can i say! I really only started listening to their back catelogue in the last couple of years & so just recently became a fan. But WTF, really? Nine hours??!?
    Nah, three hours twenty minutes, thirty nine tracks. No filler. Stunning.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2012/stradbally-hall-stradbally-ireland-6bdc5e86.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just noticed disclosure have a very large empty window coming up...

I've seen them live a few times and they've never failed to impress.

I'll put them on my prediction/wish list.

No chance I'm afraid. They headlined before in 2013 I think it was and all headliners are already announced plus we already have a big dance act in the chem brothers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭Stillill42

What's the chances of them being in tomorrow's announcement? Would love it if they were, as never seen them live even though I was at the last Picnic they played at in 2012

Ahhh, a great 9 hours though. So, to recap, it's Suede, the Fun Lovin Criminals, the Cure and James for tomorrow? Excellent. Sleep well everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Fun Loving Criminals? I didn't know Stradbally had a Student's Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Go and see this dub reggae dubstep DJ called Dubtrash from Letterkenny, he is making serious brain sizzling music. He is playing in Trenchtown, I caught some of his set at Scrobarnach festival, he's fecking brilliant, reggae for the future, bleepy electronic stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/dubtrash/live-jaheire-takeover-scrobarnach-2016

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

2 weeks to go!
    This has felt like the longest wait for an announcement. Hurry up 10am or thereabouts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

10am? i was thinking like 3pm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

rocks1981 wrote: »
    10am? i was thinking like 3pm?

Jenny Greene on 2fm is announcing 'something exciting' EP-related from 10am onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Jenny Greene on 2fm is announcing 'something exciting' EP-related from 10am onwards.

Hope it's as good as the time Phil cawleys big announcement 2 or 3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've found any announcement scheduled for a particular time is a licence for the radio station to drag it out over 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Is it too soon for a weather forecast yet?
    Twas gloomy as bejaysus this morning when I drove along the M50/M7 from Glasnevin down to Portlaoise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

hearing we could get Avicii, would make sense as finishes up Ibiza the weekend before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement