Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's rté, you just know it's going to be something along the lines of a gay byrne/pat kenny/ryan tubberdy male chorus or something of equal attraction

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Oasis had occurred to me as Jenny Greene also said they swore it would never happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Crystal Swing with Kraftwerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

This is torture. If they don't announce some good acts there could be serious backlash on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Coz

saffron22 wrote: »
    Oasis had occurred to me as Jenny Greene also said they swore it would never happen

Although Oasis would be a reformation rather than a "collab" (why the additional syllables aren't used is beyond me. Yoof of today with their texty whatnots)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

It's not torture, it's rté, they are just useful idiots (with a wildly over inflated sense of their own importance and talent) for EP and festival republic, turn the radio off, go play in the rain and wait for the official announcement.

that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Wooderson wrote: »

That I could get on board with. As long as there were Crystal Swing robots too.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Coz

Wooderson wrote: »

The Robots Drink Tequila on the Autobahn while speaking Dirty in Spanish!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Someone collaborating with New Order? The band members have collectively been in a load of side projects / former bands. Just a guess like.

Oasis does seem the most 'likely' if it's a headliner collab. it'll probably be an guest appearance or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Realistically it'll probably be a mid range act like Richard ashcroft. He collaborated with chemical Bros years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Someone collaborating with New Order?

Oasis does seem the most 'likely' if it's a headliner collab.

It'll probably be Glenn Hansard showing up with a flat cap and a guitar on his back to do a few numbers with Jack Garrett.

Yeah I just edited my post above.

How about Glen Hansard or Ed Sheeran joining Gavin James?? More Guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Ah lads seriously ?? Whoever said avicci is trolling and there's no chance it's oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Someone collaborating with New Order? The band members have collectively been in a load of side projects / former bands. Just a guess like.

Oasis does seem the most 'likely' if it's a headliner collab. it'll probably be an guest appearance or something?

Will you listen to yourselves ffs. Oasis? Really? They split up 6 years ago but are gonna get back together for ep even though the headline slots are full. Give me strength

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Maybe, after digging up Bowie's corpse for the 'David Bowie Experience' in the woods, they did a two-fer and Ian Curtis' earthly remains will join New Order. Maybe Hooky too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Is it gonna be that cypress Hill, rage against the machine thing?

Edit: They're all booked up thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Could be a new headliner, The Lost Shadow Puppets maybe

Or McBusted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Or McBusted

You're probably joking, but i'd imagine it's something along those lines.
    It's 2fm. It'll probably be something for the electric Ireland thing.

You're probably joking, but i'd imagine it's something along those lines.
    It's 2fm. It'll probably be something for the electric Ireland thing.

Nah i'm guessing the Lost Shadow Puppets. Playing up til the week before, nothing on that weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I genuinely think it'll be something more like James murphy and chemical brothers collaborate on the Friday before LCD play on the Saturday. As has been said, the calibre of a new act getting announced at this stage will not be high.

Could actually see Ed sheeran/Gavin james happening actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

New Order have had La Roux doing tracks with them at gigs this year and last. They also had Iggy & Brandon Flowers on the last album.

And could Giorgio Moroder finally turn up & work with someone after he pulled out due to illness in 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

RHCP playing Belfast the weekend before EP, wishful thinking

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Is it gonna be that cypress Hill, rage against the machine thing?

Edit: They're all booked up thankfully
    Prophets of Rage? I'd love them there and would welcome back Chuck D any year.

declanleo wrote: »
    Will you listen to yourselves ffs. Oasis? Really? They split up 6 years ago but are gonna get back together for ep even though the headline slots are full. Give me strength

I had likely in inverted commas. I was using that very broadly and as I said, it'll probably be an guest appearance or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Paddy2012

It's probably Chase and Status unfortunately

Snarky Snark Snark

crusha101 wrote: »
    RHCP playing Belfast the weekend before EP, wishful thinking

Discussed many many times in thread, they are safely in eastern europe that weekend so there's zero danger of them appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

It's probably a headliner for electric Ireland. Some one hit wonder act from the 90s has gotten back together

MattD wrote: »
    I genuinely think it'll be something more like James murphy and chemical brothers collaborate on the Friday before LCD play on the Saturday. As has been said, the calibre of a new act getting announced at this stage will not be high.
    Setting Son & Let Forever Be - two big collaborations with Noel Gallagher. Though they'd have to come on stage with him on Sat as he's playing in Wales on the Friday. And that sounds tricky with their set-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭rocks1981

last shadow puppets seems to be the most reasonable suggestion so far. Based on touring, availability, collaboration, and single band.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement